Amateur Hour: Robert Boylan gets a “debate”

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Re: Amateur Hour: Robert Boylan gets a “debate”

Post by Bill_Billiams »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:37 pm
Bill_Billiams wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:37 pm
He also had a pretty silly meltdown at the end of a debate with Vocab Malone.
What the Hell kind of parents name their child “Vocab?”
Haha no idea. He might have just been calling himself that.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Bill_Billiams wrote:
Probably the same kind of parents that would name their child, Pimp Daddy Welfare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps3FceFds8Y
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:47 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Probably the same kind of parents that would name their child, Pimp Daddy Welfare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ps3FceFds8Y
Hahaha the Steven Segal of rap music.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Bill_Billiams wrote:
Such things happen!

If you were Mr & Mrs Bodley, you wouldn't name your baby boy "Hedley", would you?

And yet I worked for several years with Hedley Bodley. He was a nice guy, but must have suffered all sorts of misery growing up.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

“R B” wrote: Tim Jackson is a Protestant who often posts on Facebook groups against Latter-day Saint theology, particularly our theology of the Priesthood. Today (June 2, 2023) He decided to post randomly on something on my f/b wall from 9 months ago(!) and quickly chickened out of a debate on the priesthood:

*photos of Boylan being a complete ass on Facebook*

So, instead of interacting with the Latter-day Saint apologist who has written the most about this topic and ensure one would get 50% of the time, including a cross examination period, Tim Jackson, a 66 year old man, runs away from a debate. In reality, Tim Jackson is a keyboard warrior: he is a brave man (albeit, a very ignorant one) behind the keyboard, but push comes to shove, he will not debate an informed opponent, even what that opponent agrees to bear the burden of the affirmative in a debate.
http://scripturalmormonism.blogspot.com ... r.html?m=1

Boyland is an extremely unpleasant angry person. He is everything DCP says exMormons are.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Bill_Billiams wrote:
msnobody wrote:
Tue May 30, 2023 4:28 am

I know this thread is about Boyland, but kudos to Kwuaku for hanging in there for 2.5 hours. Perhaps the result of this interaction will eventually serve as a mile marker in his life.
Kawku rage quit a debate with Sam Shamoun about an hour in. They were both pretty insufferable but Kawku gave up first. He also had a pretty silly meltdown at the end of a debate with Vocab Malone. Both videos are on "The Gospel Truth" YouTube channel.
The one I was referring to was not one of the two you mentioned. I did watch the one where he disappeared.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

msnobody wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 2:42 am
Bill_Billiams wrote:

Kawku rage quit a debate with Sam Shamoun about an hour in. They were both pretty insufferable but Kawku gave up first. He also had a pretty silly meltdown at the end of a debate with Vocab Malone. Both videos are on "The Gospel Truth" YouTube channel.
The one I was referring to was not one of the two you mentioned. I did watch the one where he disappeared.
I do agree that Kwaku came off as a much more reasonable person than Boylan when he went for 2.5 hours with James White and Jeff Durbin.