Robert Boylan isn't just a racist, he's a sexist pig as well

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
toon
CTR B

Re: Robert Boylan isn't just a racist, he's a sexist pig as well

Post by toon »

So this isn't Bob Boilen, the host of NPR's All Songs Considered?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Moksha wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 4:22 pm
malkie wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 3:08 pm

He writes in pretty good English, for the consumption of what appears to be a small group of his friends. for several years. :)
Midnight Mormons speak of him as though he is the Second Coming. I doubt they would feel the need to wear bulletproof vests in his presence, even though most young apologists tend to be rabid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfMo-X8NhE8
I don't know about that, moksha. He posted this in 2020:

Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Bill_Billiams wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:30 pm
Given how much he loves begging for money on every possible platform, I'd say he is the one who is "making peanuts" and not contributing to society.
I would venture to say that his influence in the world is largely negative.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Moksha wrote:
Midnight Mormons speak of him as though he is the Second Coming. I doubt they would feel the need to wear bulletproof vests in his presence, even though most young apologists tend to be rabid.

Second Coming of what?
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:10 pm
Moksha wrote:

Second Coming of what?
Wilhelm Von Homburg.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 6:29 pm
Wilhelm Von Homburg.
I think you are giving him too much credit. Where is the style?
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

James White would absolutely destroy Boylan on a scriptural debate.

Boylan is surely aware of the many times White has completely trashed Mormon apologists, as the videos are all on YouTube. He doesn’t need to have a debate with White, all he needs to do is respond to White’s arguments from those debates.

But he won’t, because he is a coward who knows his arguments are just as bad as those Mormon apologists who debated White.
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

drumdude wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 7:08 pm
James White would absolutely destroy Boylan on a scriptural debate.

Boylan is surely aware of the many times White has completely trashed Mormon apologists, as the videos are all on YouTube. He doesn’t need to have a debate with White, all he needs to do is respond to White’s arguments from those debates.

But he won’t, because he is a coward who knows his arguments are just as bad as those Mormon apologists who debated White.
Some of Boylan's sycophants claim he has challenged James White but I have yet to see evidence. The only thing I've seen him do is write an insult laden screed against White where he challenges White to debate Dan Peterson or Blake Ostler (I guess Martin Tanner didn't do well enough against White to get a mention 🤣). It's kind of ridiculous to write a blog post against someone and then volunteer other people to debate them. It tells me that Boylan knows he is on the JV team. In response White said he has a decades old standing challenge for Peterson to debate him but Peterson has been ducking him. I don't know if it's true, that's just what White said.

Boylan's strategy for debate challenges is emailing a random Christian he doesn't like, who he had never interacted with, and challenging them to debate a topic he picks with a moderator he has picked. Most of the people he challenges have never debated before. When they politely and predictably decline, he rages, calls them cowards, and declares victory.

Boylan is to debate what Charlie Zelenoff is to boxing.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Robert Boylan even set up a gofundme page, for himself:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/scriptural-m ... utube-page
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:54 pm
Robert Boylan even set up a gofundme page, for himself:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/scriptural-m ... utube-page
Looks like the free market has settled on the appropriate value for Boylan’s contributions to Mormon apologetics! :lol:

DCP wasn’t kidding when he said it won’t make you rich.