Theology: Not Convinced

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Re: Theology: Not Convinced

Post by Kishkumen »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:25 pm
A quick google search associates Kiwi57 with xxx, an Adjunct Professor of History in the College of Arts, Society and Education at James Cook University in Australia. He doesn’t seem to post as often at SeN anymore though.
Adjunct history professor? That’s pretty cool. I didn’t know that.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

What happened with me was that God brought me to the point to where I understood that I was much different than Jesus, and I wanted what I saw in Jesus and not myself. He showed me who I was as compared to a holy God. It was around eleven years old. I can’t say I knew much theology at the time.

Looking back, what I do know now is that someone preached the word of Christ, He pierced my heart through the word of Christ, and I was changed.

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Heb. 4:12

As Heb. 1 says, in these last days God has spoken to us by his Son. I recommend for persons to read the New Testament as a child.
Thank you for sharing that precious experience, msnobody.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Tom
Area Authority

Post by Tom »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 11:25 am
drumdude wrote:
Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:25 pm
A quick google search associates Kiwi57 with xxx, an Adjunct Professor of History in the College of Arts, Society and Education at James Cook University in Australia. He doesn’t seem to post as often at SeN anymore though.
Adjunct history professor? That’s pretty cool. I didn’t know that.
That’s someone else.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Ah, Ok. Thanks!
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

"I am happy to say that I argued for a similar point"

Maybe, but the agendas behind the arguments are totally different. In one instance, the point is to make room for everyone. In the other, it's make room for my niche views so they have time to take root and eventually overrun the rest of the field.