Milking a Lolcow

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Milking a Lolcow

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

MsJack wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:06 pm
And private correspondence with a Mopologist is never actually private.
I think Dr. Scratch talked about the FAIR types routinely doing this and yukking it up with each other.

Huh.

They were the original troll farm.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

MsJack wrote:

That's very sad. I also once had a well-known apologist push my buttons in private and then post our correspondence without my permission when I lashed out. They love that. You have to stay perfectly polite and neutral with them no matter how much they escalate or they will use it against you. And private correspondence with a Mopologist is never actually private.

I hope the young man looks to his mental health and learns how to (not) engage with apologists.
Oh they absolutely love to bait people and then claim persecution. They also keep scouting reports on people. If you tell one Mormon something you are telling them all something. I know this because I once told a Mormon my denominational affiliation in a private chat. A few days later Mormons I'd never met knew and were asking me about it. It's truly bizarre.

Ultimately, these mopologist do more damage to their church then they realize. I've spoken to more than a few questioning Mormons who feel hurt and ostracized by mopologist behaviors.
Bill_Billiams
Star B

Post by Bill_Billiams »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:32 pm
MsJack wrote:
And private correspondence with a Mopologist is never actually private.
I think Dr. Scratch talked about the FAIR types routinely doing this and yukking it up with each other.

Huh.

They were the original troll farm.

- Doc
It seems like mopologists have a long and well documented history of bullying and harassment. It's all very culty in my opinion.