Nemo takes a deep dive into the temple construction gravy train

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Nemo takes a deep dive into the temple construction gravy train

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:20 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:16 pm
Just to be clear. I was only asking if Dr. Moore read the piece, and I was curious what he thought of it. I don’t know anything about plumbing or construction.

- Doc
My response is upthread. Did you read it? Are you determined to have no opinion if it means admitting the obvious, that Nemo got something wrong? You’re usually so quick to jump on inconsistent logic or facts. I can’t understand why in this instance you prefer to feign ignorance.
Oh, sure! I can admit being wrong. I read your responses above, but felt the reference to the Reddit quote should be obvious for the skimmer types. Perhaps Nemo will correct the record; he reads the forum.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 5:45 pm
Perhaps Nemo will correct the record; he reads the forum.
I hope he does a follow up video.
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

I think even ex JWs will admit that a few families make a lot of money with publishing the pamphlet material. Get what they are offering in writing and follow up to ensure it’s solvent.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
pistolero
Deacon

Post by pistolero »

Dr Moore wrote:
On the other hand, while Nemo’s platform demands he do do better research than this one video, ultimately the church deserves every criticism it receives. One of the first lessons we learn in business leadership courses is that opaque, autocratic organizational leadership leads to more fraud, higher incidence of catastrophic errors, poor legal compliance, inferior products and a chronic failure to attract and retain the best and brightest talent. These outcomes are prominently on display in the Mormon church, visible to anyone who views the church as a corporation from the outside looking in. Not only do these factors erode public trust, they also cause serious harm while denying the existence of that harm until it is far too late for self-guided remediation.
Thank you Dr Moore, I think that this is the key point here for me. I can hear the words "We have learned by sad experience" and "almost all men" in my head...
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Nemo has released another video on temple expenses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3PdeX8qYa0
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Dr Moore wrote:
On the other hand, while Nemo’s platform demands he do do better research than this one video, ultimately the church deserves every criticism it receives. One of the first lessons we learn in business leadership courses is that opaque, autocratic organizational leadership leads to more fraud, higher incidence of catastrophic errors, poor legal compliance, inferior products and a chronic failure to attract and retain the best and brightest talent. These outcomes are prominently on display in the Mormon church, visible to anyone who views the church as a corporation from the outside looking in. Not only do these factors erode public trust, they also cause serious harm while denying the existence of that harm until it is far too late for self-guided remediation.
In my view, the LDS Church deserves every accurate and fair criticism it receives. There are enough of those to do the job adequately. Unfair and inaccurate criticisms only weaken the credibility of criticism of the church in general.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:11 pm

Oof. The breakdown of material used in the Rome temple was tough to watch. >_<

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:42 pm
drumdude wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:11 pm

Oof. The breakdown of material used in the Rome temple was tough to watch. >_<

- Doc