Boylan hits a new low

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Tapir Rodeo
Sunbeam

Boylan hits a new low

Post by Tapir Rodeo »

I was recently looking through Robert Boylan's cesspit of a blog and noticed that he has begun writing "whose Intelius report is available upon request" after the name of some of his critics.

Intelius is an information broker website that can be used to find a great deal of personal information on someone. It also requires a paid subscription to use the service.

Now, I can't imagine what distributing personal information has to do with responding to criticism, but I think it's safe to say that Robert Boylan's doxxing efforts are increasing in intensity if he is now using paid services to obtain information. Is he unraveling before our eyes? Is it going to take someone getting hurt by him or his fans before his betters step in and stop him?
drumdude
God

Re: Boylan hits a new low

Post by drumdude »

Can you provide a link?
Tapir Rodeo
Sunbeam

Post by Tapir Rodeo »

drumdude wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 8:22 pm
Can you provide a link?
How about a screenshot? I can give the link if you really want it.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230808_135214_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230808_135214_Chrome.jpg (103.37 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Tapir Rodeo wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:48 pm
I was recently looking through Robert Boylan's cesspit of a blog and noticed that he has begun writing "whose Intelius report is available upon request" after the name of some of his critics.

Intelius is an information broker website that can be used to find a great deal of personal information on someone. It also requires a paid subscription to use the service.

Now, I can't imagine what distributing personal information has to do with responding to criticism, but I think it's safe to say that Robert Boylan's doxxing efforts are increasing in intensity if he is now using paid services to obtain information. Is he unraveling before our eyes? Is it going to take someone getting hurt by him or his fans before his betters step in and stop him?
I did a search of his site. I found four hits on "Intelius," the first being from over a year ago. All four referred to the same individual.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Tapir Rodeo
Sunbeam

Post by Tapir Rodeo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 10:23 pm
Tapir Rodeo wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:48 pm

I did a search of his site. I found four hits on "Intelius," the first being from over a year ago. All four referred to the same individual.
Interesting. I wonder if he is editing older posts. At least one of the instances of the "intelius" line is new because I remember the post and the "intelius" bit wasn't there a few months ago. They are all about the same person? I thought one of them had a different, although similar name.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

He's such an angry person. Facebook stalking conversations he is not a part of in any way.

Tapir Rodeo
Sunbeam

Post by Tapir Rodeo »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 1:54 am
He's such an angry person. Facebook stalking conversations he is not a part of in any way.

He thinks he is an expert in every topic. I am certain he doesn't have the background to offer anything of value to the topics in that post. Any challenge to Mormonism sends him into hysterics.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Tapir Rodeo wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:47 am
He thinks he is an expert in every topic.
He seems to be speed reading as many books as possible, and posting snippets of what he's read online. He doesn't bother to link any of them together in any way at all, either on his blog or in his mind.

Anyone can read. Understanding and analyzing is the part that requires work, and Boylan is doing none.
Tapir Rodeo
Sunbeam

Post by Tapir Rodeo »

drumdude wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:53 am
Tapir Rodeo wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:47 am
He thinks he is an expert in every topic.
He seems to be speed reading as many books as possible, and posting snippets of what he's read online. He doesn't bother to link any of them together in any way at all, either on his blog or in his mind.

Anyone can read. Understanding and analyzing is the part that requires work, and Boylan is doing none.
Exactly. He doesn't have more than a cursory grasp of the things he is reading and copy pasting from. But he is an expert in his own mind.

I also like how the Mormon in that Tim Stratton screenshot is trying to get a list of names of potential out of line BYU professors. Mormons really love compiling lists of people they want to hurt.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Migne's Patrologiae Cursus Completus: Series Graeca (167 vols.) and Patrologiae Cursus Completus: Series Latina (221 vols.) are nearing completion on Logos.

Expensive? Yes, but for those who study the patristic texts (and/or are nerds when it comes to original language texts), might be something to invest in (I have both preordered) (*)

(*) For those who like my work and want to support my research, yes, I do take Logos vouchers (esp. if you want to help offset the cost of the Migne series 😉)--the email to use for Logos vouchers is IrishLDS87ATgmailDOTcom
Begging for money again.

And Bobby, reading is not “research.”