Thread in Paradise Forum

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Thread in Paradise Forum

Post by Jersey Girl »

Hello Friends,

I started a thread about a recent true crime case after Jodi Hildebrandt and Ruby Franke were arrested for alleged child abuse. I thought I was simply covering one true crime case as I often do. Over time, it's clear that the case is blowing up because it's reach is simply BEYOND anything I've ever seen in my life. The LDS Church involvement is deep and massive. So I've modified the thread title and if you'd like to drop in and take a look, please do.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=158000
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Re: Thread in Paradise Forum

Post by Moksha »

Jersey Girl is right. This case has massive ties to the LDS Church.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Moksha wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:12 pm
Jersey Girl is right. This case has massive ties to the LDS Church.
I can't even think any more, Mok. I actually had to stop in the middle of the new MSP live stream I linked to on the thread and pray for deliverance for the LDS people and every victim involved. It's overwhelming.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

This is a troubling case. I am eager to learn more about your personal reaction, Jersey.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to
explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:34 pm
This is a troubling case. I am eager to learn more about your personal reaction, Jersey.
You can watch my reaction as it develops over that small thread I started. Just right now, I have nothing left in me.

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Elder Hillam was my Stake President when I was a Mormon youth. I went to school with all his nieces and nephews. I had no idea he was so F*CKING ***EVIL*** I was never abused in Boy Scouts, so I was fortunate. This is a horror story beyond imagination to me. I feel so bad for this steed gent. I am impressed with his strength. I have said it in my videos and will say it here again, NEVER trust a church leader on anything, nor their paid apologists, N-E-V-E-R- TRUST WHAT THEY SAY.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:29 am
Elder Hillam was my Stake President when I was a Mormon youth. I went to school with all his nieces and nephews. I had no idea he was so F*CKING ***EVIL*** I was never abused in Boy Scouts, so I was fortunate. This is a horror story beyond imagination to me. I feel so bad for this steed gent. I am impressed with his strength. I have said it in my videos and will say it here again, NEVER trust a church leader on anything, nor their paid apologists, N-E-V-E-R- TRUST WHAT THEY SAY.
It's a giant spider web inside a rat's nest, tightly concealed within an astronomically wealthy, self protecting, and enabling corrupt system. It's horrifying and overwhelming. It's not often I get overwhelmed by crime cases. This one is unlike anything I've ever seen. Nothing else comes close to this. Words fail me as I even try to describe it.

I watched all 6 hours of the current MSP live stream on this case. I had to shut it off several times to regroup in my head. This is intellectual/psychological deer in the headlights stuff.

I don't even need to do my typical deep dive on this. The case is diving deep on it's own.
Last edited by Jersey Girl on Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Slava Ukraini!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

The church will do as it always does and say these are anomalies and overall the church is an overwhelmingly safe place for children.

But the press these cases get won’t be so easily dislodged from the subconscious of TBM members. More weight on the shelf. Is this really Jesus’ one true church or not? Are my kids really safe here?
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:29 am
Amen to that.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

drumdude wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2023 2:06 am
The church will do as it always does and say these are anomalies and overall the church is an overwhelmingly safe place for children.

But the press these cases get won’t be so easily dislodged from the subconscious of TBM members. More weight on the shelf. Is this really Jesus’ one true church or not? Are my kids really safe here?
If you are following the details of this case you'll know, or soon see, that the church won't be able to successfully forward what you say they will, try as they might. There is far too much evidence to the contrary.

Let's just say that a 12 year old boy set off a nuclear bomb in Utah that set off a chain reaction like no other.

Slava Ukraini!