The Church is lying to cover up it's promoting of Tim Ballard & OUR

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
yellowstone123
Bishop

Re: The Church is lying to cover up it's promoting of Tim Ballard & OUR

Post by yellowstone123 »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:21 pm
It seems to me that rescuing children from sex slavery and human trafficking is the noblest cause in which a human being can be involved.

But for some reason people now hate this Tim Ballard guy, who is the founder of an organization that reportedly does exactly that. What has he done wrong?

Dr. Shades, in the 80s Mormons were known to ask preachers by what authority; or who gave you authority, because we would say Jesus, gave it to Peter, James and John who gave it to Joseph Smith etc.

What would you say if some random dude walked into the first day of a college class and started lecturing and he wasn’t the instructor.

By what authority is local government protecting children in a certain area:

1) the U.S. Constitution that gives States authority that they don’t reserve for themselves; the States, via a legislature pass codes:

here is an easy one:

Google California Welfare and Institution Code Section 300.subdivision a,b,c,d,e, etc.

That’s what law enforcement and welfare social workers work with. They have the authority which is reviewed by a court within a few days of foster care placement. Lawyers are assigned.

On a recent Lynn Packard interview there was a reported raid in San Bernardino by this guys group. San Bernardino has its own police, sheriff’s dept., cps, fbi field stations. Let them do their work.
Last edited by yellowstone123 on Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:01 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:53 pm
And, if recent reports are reliable, he essentially sex traffics his own volunteers for his personal gratification in the process of putting on the show.
Forgive me, are we talking about Tim Ballard or Joseph Smith?
Yes.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

The Stig wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:02 pm
Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2023 8:01 pm
Forgive me, are we talking about Tim Ballard or Joseph Smith?
Yes.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

^^FTW
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

New update on how an LDS psychic helped channel Moroni to locate the children for Tim Ballard.
From Radio Free Mormon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSZT1VMcyCk

“Eenie Meanie Chili Beanie, Moroni is about to speak”.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
It seems to me that rescuing children from sex slavery and human trafficking is the noblest cause in which a human being can be involved.

But for some reason people now hate this Tim Ballard guy, who is the founder of an organization that reportedly does exactly that. What has he done wrong?
:shock:

I urge you to think about what you're saying and what the real-world practical application of a private charity engaging in sophisticated law enforcement planning and operations would mean for not only our country, but the world.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

If he is in the states, he should call 911 and let the numerous officers responding do their investigation.

If he goes abroad, does he check into the American embassy with his undercover wife, give the name of the child, the address, the allegations, his source of the information, and what he plans to do. My gut feeling is the embassy officers, and maybe others who work for organizations with three letters outside the the USA are going to have a long talk with him.

If he ever was a U.S agent working in the child abuse field, he gave up all his authority to do an investigation when he resigned. What he was doing was extra-legal; not recognized by the courts in a sovereign territory, or another country.
“One of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:46 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:

I urge you to think about what you're saying and what the real-world practical application of a private charity engaging in sophisticated law enforcement planning and operations would mean for not only our country, but the world.

- Doc
I don't think most operations include a psychic communicating with a long dead native American. Additionally Tim's rants on social media show his organizational skill sets are severely compromised by emotions and motivated reasoning. I also wonder whether his tenure with the CIA constitutes a rigorous training in military "jumps" into foreign soil. The entire thing stinks from the head down.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Rivendale wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:54 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:46 pm

- Doc
I don't think most operations include a psychic communicating with a long dead native American. Additionally Tim's rants on social media show his organizational skill sets are severely compromised by emotions and motivated reasoning. I also wonder whether his tenure with the CIA constitutes a rigorous training in military "jumps" into foreign soil. The entire thing stinks from the head down.
I just listened to RFM’s most recent podcast, and… phew… Mormons. I don’t even have the words right now.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Tim "I gotta have some love" Ballard wrote:Ballard is quoted in the article stating: “There’s no question in my mind that this is the Lord’s work and that we are His hands. This is so important because it’s so important to the Lord... The Atonement heals all. It’s our job in the meantime to serve especially the downtrodden and the suffering, to liberate the captive.”
It's our job, because the Lord is too busy to do it himself, but oh, this is critically important to him! Mind you, there is just nuthin more important or necessary for the Lord to get done right than this, so he stays away and it's always someone else's job. The Lord is, of course, a no-show. Sorry boys, can't make it tonight, but you go right on ahead an git ir done. I'll bless ya mightily, but I just don't have the time or where-with-all to do it myself.