A Darkness Settles Over "6 Days in August"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Re: A Darkness Settles Over

Post by High Spy »

"6 Days in August"
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:12 am
Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of the 1988 version of The Blob. You think the threat is over only to learn in an epilogue scene that the preacher character has saved a small piece of the blob in a jar for “the day of reckoning.”
It will be interesting to discover said DOR in relation to 2448. ❗️

2448 is a short form representation of April 8th in 2024 The Year of our Lord.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: A Darkness Settles Over "6 Days in August"

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

It just keeps going from bad to worse for DCP. SeN commentor, Dave Sanderson made this observation regarding one of the Six Day's In August movie stills:
Great article Dr. Peterson. Just an fyi, but on your still of the Newly married, Brigham Young and Mary Ann Angell Young walk home together in the middle right of the still there is a High Lumen Metal Solar Black Outdoor Integrated LED Landscape Spot Light on the corner of the house. I installed 4 of them a few months ago for security and aesthetics. If you are going to use this shot in your film, you might want to airbrush it out, or whatever the technical term for it.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:16 am
Everything will look dark until Brigham starts to give a speech and transforms into Joseph Smith before everyone’s eyes. Then the light will increase to brighter than the noonday sun!
We will see Brigham's transformed face right at the crescendo of Also Sprach Zarathustra.

Brigham Young

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfe8tCcHnKY

Joseph Smith

Presto change-o in the 6 Days in August... The spectacular change from horny old goat to handsome young prophet proves that it is all true.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Richard Moll was a much more believable Joseph Smith, in my opinion.

“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to
explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:42 am
It just keeps going from bad to worse for DCP. SeN commentor, Dave Sanderson made this observation regarding one of the Six Day's In August movie stills:
Great article Dr. Peterson. Just an fyi, but on your still of the Newly married, Brigham Young and Mary Ann Angell Young walk home together in the middle right of the still there is a High Lumen Metal Solar Black Outdoor Integrated LED Landscape Spot Light on the corner of the house. I installed 4 of them a few months ago for security and aesthetics. If you are going to use this shot in your film, you might want to airbrush it out, or whatever the technical term for it.
They should leave the light in. It reminds everyone of the many anachronisms in the Book of Mormon. It could be a good advertising tactic. Where's the anachronism?
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Rivendale wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:34 pm
They should leave the light in. It reminds everyone of the many anachronisms in the Book of Mormon. It could be a good advertising tactic. Where's the anachronism?
Indeed. I noticed that Dr. Peterson claims that it’s not there. Is he blind? Maybe if he uses his “spiritual eyes” he’ll be able to see it?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Tom
Regional Representative

Post by Tom »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:50 am
Richard Moll was a much more believable Joseph Smith, in my opinion.

I had no idea that movie existed. I hope Cassius will host a on-campus screening and discussion of the film this fall.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:42 am
The solar light is meant to represent the light of Christ, which five years later, led Brigham to abandon Mary and their six children for almost two years. That same wonderful light would also lead Brigham to take Mary's mother, and sister, as plural eternal wives.

Isn't it wonderful? Isn't it marvelous?
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:52 pm
Rivendale wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:34 pm
Indeed. I noticed that Dr. Peterson claims that it’s not there. Is he blind? Maybe if he uses his “spiritual eyes” he’ll be able to see it?
Alarmed that I might be like Peterson I stared and squinted , adjusted my glasses, had a drink of water and after a long battle thought, Oh maybe its that little black spot on the ground at the corner of the house.

I cannot imagine a movie viewer ever noticing such a thing. I am not completely convinced even now of it identity.

I am rather puzzled that while worried over a spot someone would overlook those very modern lawns. I think the lawns make the image look very modern.
///
A further thought, I walkway of neatly sized gravel?

Yes I got a touch of curiosity and checked google. Lawn mowers were invented in the first half of 19th century and were very heavy and used by aristocrats and for sporting fields. It took time for lawns to spread to common folks. Well a grass area could be trimed by horse cow and scythe.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Tom wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:54 am
I had no idea that movie existed. I hope Cassius will host a on-campus screening and discussion of the film this fall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ayp8duFiY
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace