The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: To Kwaku El, Mormonism Live and Anyone Else Concerned

Post by Moksha »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:57 am
As I have remarked elsewhere, there's a special place in hell for a married, or unmarried, woman to have an affair with a married man.
The sign on the door says Polygamy Section.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

They are freaking consenting adults. I like it when the woman or man blames their spouses
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
As I have remarked elsewhere, there's a special place in hell for a married, or unmarried, woman to have an affair with a married man and then claim to be the victirm.
Which hell is that? The terrestrial or telestial? or outer darkness?

And the men in such a situation? a different special place in hell? or are they like the Joseph Smith types and get run up to the top for their infidelity?

Also, what about those early Mormon women who were married to men but married the elite Mormon men too? Do they get drug out of that special place in hell due to their second (or third) husband's righteousness for taking advantage of many women?

I say this assigning people their eternal destination is going to be a complicated affair of its own. When its done God's gonna have to send himself to hell.

After the last eternal sentence, God turns to the mirror and says, "and you last of all, I have ignored most. For that you shall suffer the worst of fates. Now, depart, and turn not back. YOu shall reside with the devil and his angels or minions or whatever, where they will pluck at every parcel that is you for eternity.
Last edited by dastardly stem on Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:37 pm
They are freaking consenting adults. I like it when the woman or man blames their spouses
You like weird things.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:14 pm
Bought Yahoo wrote:
As I have remarked elsewhere, there's a special place in hell for a married, or unmarried, woman to have an affair with a married man and then claim to be the victirm.
Is there a special place in Hell for a married man who has an affair with a married woman and claims it was God’s will?

- Doc
Or a woman who claims God willed it.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:38 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:14 pm

Is there a special place in Hell for a married man who has an affair with a married woman and claims it was God’s will?

- Doc
Or a woman who claims God willed it.
Are there examples of women claiming God willed them to have sex with a married man?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
consiglieri
Prophet

Post by consiglieri »

There is a special place in hell for me, too.

It’s called a throne.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:21 pm
There is a special place in hell for me, too.
It’s called a throne.
I have been assigned to watch over you, care for you guide you lead you preach to you help sweep the floor do the dishes buy the groceries, etc. Your stay in hell will be most memorable however as we also get to study together and make videos from our special station for all the world to see its problems...
Bought Yahoo
High Councilman

Post by Bought Yahoo »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:21 pm
There is a special place in hell for me, too

It’s called a throne.
For me too. I'm going to be a thrall
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

I imagine in hell, those who are in the non-special place are longingly looking past the satin Satan ropes, wanting to be where the special people are.