The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Re: The Rosebud MEGATHREAD

Post by drumdude »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:12 am
Why does the documentation have to happen in a DISCUSSION forum? Why not make a blog or do it on the webpage of the person creating the "documentation"? Or do it in a word document.

This isn't about documenting anything, it's about firing rage at someone else. And imagining they are reading it all. What does it feel like to think Dehlin is reading these rants?

I don't think he feels bad. I think he's just trying to get on with his life. I feel bad for all of the children in this who are going to see all of this if they haven't already.
She has a website, but it doesn’t get engagement like a forum post does.

She says her goals are to make a record, and get justice for women. Really she needs attention, wants Dehlin to squirm, and offer her a sweet severance package like he offered Nuance Hoe.
Doctor Steuss
God

Re: To the Owner of the Rosebud Wiki

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Rosebud wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:57 pm
What would be the point of me being here?
That'd be a great question to explore with a licensed therapist.
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:48 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:12 am
Why does the documentation have to happen in a DISCUSSION forum? Why not make a blog or do it on the webpage of the person creating the "documentation"? Or do it in a word document.

This isn't about documenting anything, it's about firing rage at someone else. And imagining they are reading it all. What does it feel like to think Dehlin is reading these rants?

I don't think he feels bad. I think he's just trying to get on with his life. I feel bad for all of the children in this who are going to see all of this if they haven't already.

She says her goals are to make a record, and get justice for women. Really she needs attention, wants Dehlin to squirm, and offer her a sweet severance package like he offered Nuance Hoe.
I read it slightly differently. It comes across as Rosebud doing anything and everything she can to stay in Dehlin’s life. She seems to be trying to make sure she still gets attention from him, even if it’s for negative reasons if that is what it takes. There are much better ways of keeping records and seeking justice for women than what Rosebud does.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

I Have Questions wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:37 pm
drumdude wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:48 pm

I read it slightly differently. It comes across as Rosebud doing anything and everything she can to stay in Dehlin’s life. She seems to be trying to make sure she still gets attention from him, even if it’s for negative reasons if that is what it takes. There are much better ways of keeping records and seeking justice for women than what Rosebud does.
Yes.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

I Have Questions wrote:
... It comes across as Rosebud doing anything and everything she can to stay in Dehlin’s life. She seems to be trying to make sure she still gets attention from him, even if it’s for negative reasons if that is what it takes. There are much better ways of keeping records and seeking justice for women than what Rosebud does.
I agree. Occasionally her real feelings bubble up, such as the post I quote below, written for a thread originally titled "Open Message to the Open Stories Foundation Board of Directors," I kept the parts that were just so uncomfortable to read, but which, in my opinion, laid bare her raw emotion:
Rosebud wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:24 am
...But I do have something I would like to say to John right now.

I was having troubles drifting off to sleep tonight. I remembered that conversation you had with my dad... Then I remembered the time ...you had talked to [my brother]... I remembered your... I remembered that you...

And the word that repetitively came to my mind was the word “evil.”

...There is a small part of me, even after witnessing all of this, that remembers when I felt love for you. I now feel compassion for that part of me…., but I can remember what that love I had for you then felt like.

...After I have that thought, I remind myself... that I’m projecting what I know about being a good person onto you and that the part of me who cared about you then wishes for something better for you than who you really are...

And then I remind myself that you don’t deserve my grief or my compassion...

-Rosebud
Why post something like this? Why? Write this in your journal, then take it to your psychiatrist and get some help. Posting it for the world to read is a horrible thing to do to yourself.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Marcus wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:16 pm
I Have Questions wrote:
... It comes across as Rosebud doing anything and everything she can to stay in Dehlin’s life. She seems to be trying to make sure she still gets attention from him, even if it’s for negative reasons if that is what it takes. There are much better ways of keeping records and seeking justice for women than what Rosebud does.
I agree. Occasionally her real feelings bubble up, such as the post I quote below, written for a thread originally titled "Open Message to the Open Stories Foundation Board of Directors," I kept the parts that were just so uncomfortable to read, but which, in my opinion, laid bare her raw emotion:
Rosebud wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:24 am
...But I do have something I would like to say to John right now.

I was having troubles drifting off to sleep tonight. I remembered that conversation you had with my dad... Then I remembered the time ...you had talked to [my brother]... I remembered your... I remembered that you...

And the word that repetitively came to my mind was the word “evil.”

...There is a small part of me, even after witnessing all of this, that remembers when I felt love for you. I now feel compassion for that part of me…., but I can remember what that love I had for you then felt like.

...After I have that thought, I remind myself... that I’m projecting what I know about being a good person onto you and that the part of me who cared about you then wishes for something better for you than who you really are...

And then I remind myself that you don’t deserve my grief or my compassion...

-Rosebud
Why post something like this? Why? Write this in your journal, then take it to your psychiatrist and get some help. Posting it for the world to read is a horrible thing to do to yourself.
What other way does she have to reach John? If she posts something crazy here (like John helps child abuse) then she can be fairly confident John will see it. She can still hear John - he puts out 6-7 hours of content every week for her to listen to. And now that Margi is a frequent co-host, it probably makes her feel even worse.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

That's kind of sad. :(

I don't mean that sarcastically. I mean like, it's a long time to hold onto so many mixed feelings and thoughts. An internal battle between remembering that connection and almost hatred for how it all changed.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

Apologies for the multiple posts, the server was being weird when I tried to reply.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:47 pm
Apologies for the multiple posts, the server was being weird when I tried to reply.
Boob boob boob boob lol.

The site went slow. I couldn't do anything.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

drumdude wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:47 pm
No worries. It happens when the site bogs down. We just keep an eye out for duplicates and delete them.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.