in verba magistri

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: in verba magistri

Post by Marcus »

That was such a delicious read. Thank you, author.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Boy, SubRosa must’ve gotten under Peterson’s hide:
It’s amazing, in view of the massively and comprehensively evil character ascribed to me by my fans on the Peterson Obsession Board, that any of my students managed to escape my malign influence in order to go on and do good things.
Perhaps they prospered despite his influence?
And, perhaps via the same kind of unaccountable miracle, Utah came in ranked as the happiest state in the United States, presumably despite what one of my readers views as the malignant influence of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. “Utards,” as some critics characterize them…
Given Mormons aren’t allowed many emotions outside of ‘happiness’, I suspect they fib on their questionnaires - after all the amout of hate-driving they do is remarkable.

Anyway. As I was composing this, one of my subordinates from the Army happened to email me, he’s currently heading up a charity in Angola for victims of Malaria and illiteracy, and stated he was reminded of Sartre and his own work, thusly stating, “In the absurdity of existence, charity is the existential punchline—the more you give, the emptier the void becomes.”

Despite the obsessive lurking on this board by Peterson and the Sick and Nones, one has to wonder why they never made peace with the fact their cult is, itself, an absurdity, and must always seek to tear down others? Hmph.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:30 pm
Boy, SubRosa must’ve gotten under Peterson’s hide:
It’s amazing, in view of the massively and comprehensively evil character ascribed to me by my fans on the Peterson Obsession Board, that any of my students managed to escape my malign influence in order to go on and do good things.
Perhaps they prospered despite his influence?
And, perhaps via the same kind of unaccountable miracle, Utah came in ranked as the happiest state in the United States, presumably despite what one of my readers views as the malignant influence of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. “Utards,” as some critics characterize them…
Given Mormons aren’t allowed many emotions outside of ‘happiness’, I suspect they fib on their questionnaires - after all the amout of hate-driving they do is remarkable.

Anyway. As I was composing this, one of my subordinates from the Army happened to email me, he’s currently heading up a charity in Angola for victims of Malaria and illiteracy, and stated he was reminded of Sartre and his own work, thusly stating, “In the absurdity of existence, charity is the existential punchline—the more you give, the emptier the void becomes.”

Despite the obsessive lurking on this board by Peterson and the Sick and Nones, one has to wonder why they never made peace with the fact their cult is, itself, an absurdity, and must always seek to tear down others? Hmph.

- Doc
Lot's of DCP's student hated him. DCP had the lowest student rating of any professor at BYU:

https://www.ratemyprofessors.com/professor/1362547

DCP even publicly stated he didn't enjoy teaching. DCP's disdain for teaching was certainly not appreciated by his former students.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014