Lamanites Return Church's $2 Million Gift

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Re: Lamanites Return Church's $2 Million Gift

Post by huckelberry »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:07 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:47 pm

Imwashingmypirate, Perhaps somebody was making a lesson comparison to modern missionary projects where somebody might call the plans an invasion of the Gospel. Well Jonah was supposed to do something a bit like that. Nineveh was invaded by a message in the story.

There is a group scouting an area to invade in a physical military sense in a story in Numbers many centuries earlier.

Lol, you'd think I never went to seminary :lol: sorry for the blunder. Thanks for explaining. I was mildly horrified when I heard the story so that's a relief.

Edit: correction, it was a video where people were told to go to different places. It makes sense to think of it as going to take a message. I'll see if I can add the video... (Clearly I thought of one sentence and my brain created a big ass theory).

Edit... Watched the video that I was thinking of and it said right at the start that he was to take a message and nothing about scouting so I think I've mixed up stories and now I'm confused. Doesn't help that we've visited 3 different churches multiple times in the last month. It's going to bother me. Oh well.
Imwashingmypirate, Your story associations fit with the subject of the thread, invading populations and the different problems associated with that so it would be easy for associations to slip a little bit.

A person is born into the world possessing no space at all so will have to invade somewhere. I guess that might be why the story is common.
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Re: Lamanites Return Church's $2 Million Gift

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

huckelberry wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 10:07 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:07 pm

Lol, you'd think I never went to seminary :lol: sorry for the blunder. Thanks for explaining. I was mildly horrified when I heard the story so that's a relief.

Edit: correction, it was a video where people were told to go to different places. It makes sense to think of it as going to take a message. I'll see if I can add the video... (Clearly I thought of one sentence and my brain created a big ass theory).

Edit... Watched the video that I was thinking of and it said right at the start that he was to take a message and nothing about scouting so I think I've mixed up stories and now I'm confused. Doesn't help that we've visited 3 different churches multiple times in the last month. It's going to bother me. Oh well.
Imwashingmypirate, Your story associations fit with the subject of the thread, invading populations and the different problems associated with that so it would be easy for associations to slip a little bit.

A person is born into the world possessing no space at all so will have to invade somewhere. I guess that might be why the story is common.
:)
A person is born into the world possessing no space at all so will have to invade somewhere.
Aww. This is kinda sad...