Forty Hours Per Week?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Re: Forty Hours Per Week?

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:35 am
I would argue that there are boatloads of *non-Mormons* who are better, more Christ-like LDS than DCP.
I would argue that you would have to search far and wide to find anyone less Christ-like than DCP.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
I Have Questions
1st Counselor

Post by I Have Questions »

It's been my experience in the workplace that the people who spend time telling others how hard and how long they work, typically work neither hard nor long.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Everybody Wang Chung wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:51 am
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:35 am
I would argue that there are boatloads of *non-Mormons* who are better, more Christ-like LDS than DCP.
I would argue that you would have to search far and wide to find anyone less Christ-like than DCP.
*lmidgley has joined the chat*
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Someone should do a Bayesian analysis comparing the likelihood that the Book of Mormon is real history vs. the likelihood that DCP will serve an actual senior mission. Which, I wonder, is the bigger longshot?
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
sock puppet
2nd Counselor

Post by sock puppet »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:30 pm
Someone should do a Bayesian analysis comparing the likelihood that the Book of Mormon is real history vs. the likelihood that DCP will serve an actual senior mission. Which, I wonder, is the bigger longshot?
Ha ha ha.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:30 pm
:lol: Where is Rasmussen when ya really need him?
Doctor Scratch

Post by Doctor Scratch »

The latest fruits of Dr. Peterson's grueling, incredibly strenuous 40+ hour work week has turned up on the Interpreter blog:
This just went up on the website of the Interpreter Foundation: “The Temple: Ancient and Restored: ‘The Cosmic Mountain in Islamic Tradition,'” written by Daniel C. Peterson Part of our book chapter reprint series, this article originally appeared in The Temple: Ancient and Restored, Proceedings of the Second Interpreter Matthew B. Brown Memorial Conference “The Temple on Mount Zion,” 25 October 2014 (2016) edited by Stephen D. Ricks and Donald W. Parry.
It must have taken a monumental effort to post something that he wrote almost ten years ago.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Everybody Wang Chung
God

Post by Everybody Wang Chung »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:11 pm
The latest fruits of Dr. Peterson's grueling, incredibly strenuous 40+ hour work week has turned up on the Interpreter blog:
This just went up on the website of the Interpreter Foundation: “The Temple: Ancient and Restored: ‘The Cosmic Mountain in Islamic Tradition,'” written by Daniel C. Peterson Part of our book chapter reprint series, this article originally appeared in The Temple: Ancient and Restored, Proceedings of the Second Interpreter Matthew B. Brown Memorial Conference “The Temple on Mount Zion,” 25 October 2014 (2016) edited by Stephen D. Ricks and Donald W. Parry.
It must have taken a monumental effort to post something that he wrote almost ten years ago.
:lol: :lol:

DCP's constant (multiple times per day) visiting here, has started to influence his behavior. I just noticed that DCP is using a quote from Gemli on his Patheos page. I wonder what Patheos thinks about this?
The Proprietor wrote:"Life was very unsatisfying until I discovered Dan's blog, which gave me a reason to live." (gemli, 7 November 2019)
https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... anpeterson
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

I would believe 40 hours as follows:
  • 10-15 hours combined, a few minutes at a time, reading messages on this site and talking about them over email with his fellow “defenders” and plotting responses
  • 5 hours searching old blog posts and notes for material to copy into “new” blog posts
  • 1-2 hours reading interpreter copy
  • 1 hour writing interpreter article introductions
  • 2-3 hours writing and interacting with interpreter donors
  • 5 hours participating in various church meetings, firesides, email groups and consultations with apologists about all manner of ridiculous nonsense masquerading as the work of God
  • 10 hours thinking about or talking about creative & sanctimonious apologetic tactics over meals, whether alone or in the company of “friends”
Doctor Scratch

Post by Doctor Scratch »

I’d definitely be willing to “look at” empirical evidence of DCP doing 40 hours of work as you’ve described, Dr. Moore.