The Joseph Smith Papers Project Releases ‘Legal Records: Case Introductions’

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
BeNotDeceived
Priest

The Joseph Smith Papers Project Releases ‘Legal Records: Case Introductions’

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Only 200? :lol: How did this charlatan find time to write 3 books??? At some point, the 'church' is going to be forced to admit to the true character of who Smith really was because this sort of stuff just can't be spun with mental gymnastics anymore... to anyone with half a brain, it's going to become obvious who Joseph Smith truly was... a scoundrel, fraudster, scam-artist, con-man and sexual predator of the highest order... :x

https://newsroom.churchofjesuschrist.or ... roductions
yellowstone123
Bishop

Re: The Joseph Smith Papers Project Releases ‘Legal Records: Case Introductions’

Post by yellowstone123 »

Thank You BeNotDeceived for your information. It's an ebook and almost twenty dollars on amazon. I think it would be helpful to everyone is they put the price below two dollars.

Joseph Smith's legal issues are fascinating to me: after reportedly seeing God the Father and his son Jesus Christ and being told all church's were wrong Joseph Smith's actions after can be a concern some people. Such a visit from heavenly individuals would more than less likely improve your daily conduct and interactions with people. He also reportedly said in 1823 the angel Moroni visited him related that his name would be known for good and evil which to me is prophecy after the fact because I believe he disclosed it in the late 1830s.

In 1842 Joseph Smith turned himself in to authorities in Springfield Illinois so a writ of habeas corpus trial could be conducted as Governor Boggs of Missouri wanted him extradited for an attempt on his life. The trial was attended by newlywed Mary Lincoln, wife of Abraham Lincoln. Prior to turning himself in, Joseph Smith sent his brother Hyrum Smith to Springfield, Illinois to consult with attorneys. Hyrum checked into a boarding house where newlyweds Abraham and Mary Lincoln had begun living at just a little while earlier.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.