The Insane Stupidly of Christianity

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Nomomo
Priest

The Insane Stupidly of Christianity

Post by Nomomo »

Belief in the resurrection and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ are totally idiotic Neanderthal BS. If you believe in this frickin gawdamned nonsense you are a frickin' moron. End of story. You are a frickin' primitive asinine dinosaur! You need to wake up to reality and a more modern world view of the universe and pull your stupid frickin' head out of your ass!
drumdude
God

Re: The Insane Stupidly of Christianity

Post by drumdude »

When you live in a smelly room for long enough, you eventually become accustomed to the aroma to the point where it no longer smells at all. They call it “nose blindness.” If you grew up in such a room, you may even develop a nostalgia and fondness for the smell when it’s absent.

I view Christianity in a similar way. I still find it pleasant. But that’s only because I was raised in it and still coexist with it. If you take an objective look at it, it’s in many ways just as nonsensical as Mormonism.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Nomomo wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:46 am
Belief in the resurrection and the Second Coming of Jesus Christ are totally idiotic Neanderthal BS. If you believe in this frickin gawdamned nonsense you are a frickin' moron. End of story. You are a frickin' primitive asinine dinosaur! You need to wake up to reality and a more modern world view of the universe and pull your stupid frickin' head out of your ass!
In order to make your post more conducive to the purpose of a message board, please explain why.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Nomomo wrote:
for what it's worth, nomomo, I’m pretty sure I couldn’t believe it had God not regenerated my heart and placed his HS in me.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Nomomo wrote:
Bit intense. :shock:
Imwashingmypirate
Apostle

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:57 am
If you take an objective look at it, it’s in many ways just as nonsensical as Mormonism.
I completely disagree. There is a big difference between Christianity and Mormonism. One has thousands of sects that teach relatively the same message and was developed shortly after Christ was walking the earth. The other was plucked out of the air. People who are Christian worship Christ. Do Mormons worship Joseph Smith (don't answer that lol, some do, but should they)?

It all depends on the glasses you are wearing. If you are atheist with no belief in anything beyond this life, then most religions can seem nonsensical. But from my perspective. Christian and Mormon can't be compared on the same level. They have a completely different class. It's like subsets. Mormonism is a subset of Christianity. Not they other way around and not on the same plane.
yellowstone123
Bishop

Post by yellowstone123 »

To be told over and over since childhood that you are a broken person and in need of divine intervention is wrong. If it leads to depression, anxiety, withdrawal from these you enjoy it's abuse. Being told someone within the LDS church such as a Bishop can give better counsel than the friends you grew up with on your street is also completely wrong.
“one of the important things for anybody in power is to distinguish between what you have the right to do and what is right to do." Potter Stewart, associate justice of the Supreme Court - 1958 to 1981.
sock puppet
2nd Counselor

Post by sock puppet »

drumdude wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:57 am
When you live in a smelly room for long enough, you eventually become accustomed to the aroma to the point where it no longer smells at all. They call it “nose blindness.” If you grew up in such a room, you may even develop a nostalgia and fondness for the smell when it’s absent.

I view Christianity in a similar way. I still find it pleasant. But that’s only because I was raised in it and still coexist with it. If you take an objective look at it, it’s in many ways just as nonsensical as Mormonism.
Mormonism added a lot of nonsensical notions to those nonsensical notions already at the core of Christianity. Mormonism is not the only subgroup of Christianity that has done so.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal." Groucho Marx
"The truth has no defense against a fool determined to believe a lie." Mark Twain
The best lack all conviction, while the worst//Are full of passionate intensity." Yeats
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Nomomo wrote:
Uhmmm, yes and no. The advantage Christians have over Mormons is their esoteric beliefs have been grandfathered in to our culture. And so they get somewhat of a free pass for believing in the resurrection. However, believing in Trump is different, since he's the opposite of everything they were born to stand for, and so you can say all of those things are in fact valid for Christians who have embraced Donald Trump.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Gadianton wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:19 pm
Nomomo wrote:
Uhmmm, yes and no. The advantage Christians have over Mormons is their esoteric beliefs have been grandfathered in to our culture. And so they get somewhat of a free pass for believing in the resurrection. However, believing in Trump is different, since he's the opposite of everything they were born to stand for, and so you can say all of those things are in fact valid for Christians who have embraced Donald Trump.
What the heck has Trump got to do with it?
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7