Even the very elect - Church photoshops ExMormon actor from temple movie

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
drumdude
God

Even the very elect - Church photoshops ExMormon actor from temple movie

Post by drumdude »

Corbin Allred is the actor who plays Satan in the LDS temple movie, and has been haphazardly thrown down the memory hole now that he has left the church:
“Hey guys, Corbin doesn’t have a Reddit acct, but I will comment for us both. I’m McKenzie, his wife. First off, we appreciate everyone’s curiosity, interest and the general good nature and humor here. We also appreciate the genuine kindness people have shown. It means more than we can say. 🥰 We live in a densely Mormon populated area which is tricky but we are doing our best. We have kids so we are protecting their wellbeing and privacy as much as we can.

Also, so many of the people we love and respect most are still believing members. Sounds cliché, but we do hope always to be people who build bridges and not wedges. Without going into too much detail, we did leave the Mormon church this past year. Corbin notified the church at the beginning of our deconstruction in an attempt to be transparent and authentic about where we were and wanting to be sensitive as a higher-profile member who people know from the temple presentation.

He asked if it might be best to be removed from the temple film. It was clear when the church immediately answered that question by photoshopping his face out of the presentation. It’s likely for the best under the circumstances. Hope this helps answer some questions. We are pretty new to all this but it’s been a beautiful journey so far and we’re very happy and feel profound peace about what the future may hold. ❤️ Corbin loves his family, friends, and fans. Hopefully he won’t lose too many. Much love to the Exmo community for welcoming us.”

This kind of rushed photoshop job to cut him out of the film has a very Scientology vibe. A strong healthy religion would be able to deal with a slightly uncomfortable situation like this, or at least wait to reshoot the movie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... ple_satan/
huckelberry
God

Re: Even the very elect - Church photoshops ExMormon actor from temple movie

Post by huckelberry »

Drumdude, reading your quote I read that the church did what the fellow asked and his wife states it is for the best. I am not seeing what you are upset about.
Rivendale
God

Post by Rivendale »

Usually the church goes out of its way to give the middle finger to people who request anything. Somehow pixels on a screen loses divine power when the person becomes an apostate. Maybe it is associated with entanglement. Once the person leaves the church the pixels automatically assume the state of the original consequently impacting the audience.
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

huckelberry wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:27 pm
Drumdude, reading your quote I read that the church did what the fellow asked and his wife states it is for the best. I am not seeing what you are upset about.
Did I say somewhere I was upset about this?

I found it interesting and noteworthy, hence posting it here. I do think it is something similar to what Scientology does - notice how they “did what they asked” without even bothering to communicate that to the couple that asked for it.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:52 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:27 pm
Did I say somewhere I was upset about this?

I found it interesting and noteworthy, hence posting it here. I do think it is something similar to what Scientology does - notice how they “did what they asked” without even bothering to communicate that to the couple that asked for it.
If this is true, I agree, it would be really interesting to hear about his interview and his audition for the part, and if being part of the scene was a major reason for his exit. I wonder how "GA" the edit room was, and how many takes did he do for the final cut? I also wonder if he signed a NDA? What did it pay or did they get this for free also?

I Hope Mormon Discussions or Mormon Stories get a chance to interview the couple, I would tune in.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Did I read this correctly?

Would it not be preferable for "Satan" to be an apostate?
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

malkie wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:03 am

😂😂😂
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

drumdude wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:54 pm
This kind of rushed photoshop job to cut him out of the film has a very Scientology vibe. A strong healthy religion would be able to deal with a slightly uncomfortable situation like this, or at least wait to reshoot the movie.

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... ple_satan/
Are you sure? I think Scientologists would argue that it has a Mormon vibe. Mormons want a fully Mormon Satan.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

malkie wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:03 am

Good at first, now 'fallen'. You can't typecast an exmo any better than that.
Craig Paxton
Sunbeam

Post by Craig Paxton »

Wait what? Satan was a member of the church???

Gawd, I knew it 😂🤣
"...What many people call sin is not sin." - Joseph Smith

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away" - Phillip K. Dick

“The meaning of life is that it ends" - Franz Kafka