Numbers...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Re: Numbers...

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Marcus wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:27 am
msnobody wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:18 am

This may sound weird, but our former neighbor could smell people who were very freckled before he encountered them. For instance someone who was not in his immediate line of vision, but nearby. The closer the freckles are to one another, the stronger the smell.
This may sound weird, but no, he couldn't.
Marcus, why so miserable?
Imwashingmypirate
God

Gadianton wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:59 am
Marcus,

The Wicker Man, who is the Davidic Servant, posts at LDSFF and/or its derivative forums. There, the DS interacts with High Spy, and apparently also Valo. When I rebuked Valo with the scriptures, citing neglect of the parable of the talents, Valo rushed to search for previous conversations with the DS on one of these forums and found a post where the DS expounded upon the parable of the talents, and then snipped a portion of that as a further response to me.

I think the intent was to back up what appeared to me to be a post-hoc course correction in Valo's claim to be special, hoping to back up the idea that all along Valo had been boasting of servitude to Christ, and not mere aptitude. I could be wrong of course, and maybe Valo just found it to be an interesting addendum to the talent conversation.

The funny thing is, everyone gets that parable wrong. The servant given one talent buried it like a risk-adverse saver putting money in a bank account getting zero percent; the sin was not taking the talent to the market and day-trading, with hopes of getting rich quick. The master wasn't gone very long, and so the other servants must have gone all in on whatever was the equivalent of Dog Wif Hat of that day. It's a very strange lesson.
I never understand that parable. To me, if we look at it as money, it makes sense but we are taught not to be materialistic. Why punish the person who kept it safe but reward the person who chose risk? We have to look at it as talents in todays language for that parable to have a sense of righteousness about it.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Moksha wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:14 am
High Spy and Pirate, I just reached 5959 in my posts. Is that a good number?
How would I know? lol. Does it feel like a coincidence to you? Wonder what my post count is. Aww 822, just a baby. It's perspective. If it was a number that kept occuring to you then would you be inclined to wonder if there was a deeper meaning? Doesn't sound like a recurring number in your life so doubtful that there is any significance.

I hope I'm not being misunderstood. I don't participate in numerology or anything like that but I do see the same numbers over an over. I explained that one number stands out because I have developed an association between that number and childhood experiences. I see 911 a lot but I do associate that with the twin towers even though I'm British. That was a shocking day in my experience of life.

My attempt to create discussion was in the hopes to consider the possibilities relating to how out brains develop connections and feelings about objects, numbers, colours and so on. People have spiritual connections to numbers because that is how their brains are wired. And who is to say they are wrong. It is their perspective of life.

I do not believe the wickerman is the davidic servant. I don't even think he entirely believes he is from the way he speaks. I don't think there are beings with spiritual purposes walking among us. It would make sense that there are if it is all true. I was raised to believe in signs, the celestine prophecy and spirituality was something that was openly discussed (when my dad wasn't around). I was learning about psychic vampires and scary stuff indirectly as a young person that I don't really think helped. I have become more like Marcus as I have gotten older. Can't think of the word. More doubtful of those things. I also get scared easily. The mind is fragile.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Valo wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 4:18 am
Gadianton wrote:
Marcus,

The Wicker Man, who is the Davidic Servant, posts at LDSFF and/or its derivative forums. There, the DS interacts with High Spy, and apparently also Valo. When I rebuked Valo with the scriptures, citing neglect of the parable of the talents, Valo rushed to search for previous conversations with the DS on one of these forums and found a post where the DS expounded upon the parable of the talents, and then snipped a portion of that as a further response to me.

I think the intent was to back up what appeared to me to be a post-hoc course correction in Valo's claim to be special, hoping to back up the idea that all along Valo had been boasting of servitude to Christ, and not mere aptitude. I could be wrong of course, and maybe Valo just found it to be an interesting addendum to the talent conversation.

The funny thing is, everyone gets that parable wrong. The servant given one talent buried it like a risk-adverse saver putting money in a bank account getting zero percent; the sin was not taking the talent to the market and day-trading, with hopes of getting rich quick. The master wasn't gone very long, and so the other servants must have gone all in on whatever was the equivalent of Dog Wif Hat of that day. It's a very strange lesson.
I'm still not average and you are still just making things up. :D

I wasn't saying this earlier but I'll say it now. I also have above average intelligence. I'm really smart. And I am special.

And also I am not average in following the Lord. I am not lukewarm. I am quite hot and the Lord is pleased with my efforts.

The Spirit told me to send you those scriptures for your edification. I didn't rush. I didn't think about the Wicker Man lesson until the Spirit lead me there a bit ago.

:D
:?

There is not enough emojis.

Do I want to respond to my piqued curiosity?... Hmmm.

This post isn't helping your cause valo. We are taught that Christians and spiritual beings have or should have humility.

I could say I have higher than average intelligence if I only consider the free online IQ tests. And even the psychometric testing I did at university (when I couldn't spell for crap I scored extremely high for something to do with language, everyone here knew how bad my english was, yet somehow, the psychometric report said I was in the top one percent of the population, how? No idea). What I am good at is seeing patterns. However... I'm pretty dumb lol. So I wonder where you have established your evidence for higher than average intelligence and what that means to you?

Intelligence doesn't equate to spiritual giftedness. Look at evidence from the Bible, who is chosen over an over. The lowly. There is a strong sense that God chooses the meek, the humble, the people at the bottom.

I don't have enough evidence in my experience to say people aren't special. I just doubt that people are singled out. I do think people can have a sense of spiritual guidance and teaching in them.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:14 am
Marcus wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 3:27 am

This may sound weird, but no, he couldn't.
Marcus, why so miserable?
Lol. What an assumption to make.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 7:06 am
valo wrote:I wasn't saying this earlier but I'll say it now. I also have above average intelligence. I'm really smart. And I am special.
At least you're honest.

Do you consider yourself as smart and special as the Davidic Servant?
At least.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:48 am
Valo wrote:

I wasn't saying this earlier but I'll say it now. I also have above average intelligence. I'm really smart. And I am special.

And also I am not average in following the Lord. I am not lukewarm. I am quite hot and the Lord is pleased with my efforts.

The Spirit told me to send you those scriptures for your edification. I didn't rush. I didn't think about the Wicker Man lesson until the Spirit lead me there a bit ago.

This post isn't helping your cause valo. We are taught that Christians and spiritual beings have or should have humility.

I could say I have higher than average intelligence if I only consider the free online IQ tests. And even the psychometric testing I did at university (when I couldn't spell for crap I scored extremely high for something to do with language, everyone here knew how bad my english was, yet somehow, the psychometric report said I was in the top one percent of the population, how? No idea). What I am good at is seeing patterns. However... I'm pretty dumb lol. So I wonder where you have established your evidence for higher than average intelligence and what that means to you?

Intelligence doesn't equate to spiritual giftedness. Look at evidence from the Bible, who is chosen over an over. The lowly. There is a strong sense that God chooses the meek, the humble, the people at the bottom.

I don't have enough evidence in my experience to say people aren't special. I just doubt that people are singled out. I do think people can have a sense of spiritual guidance and teaching in them.
You have what I say and then you have what other people think I say.

My status and intelligence is not important but it's what some people want to talk about.

Satan wants people to see the world through a very narrow bandwidth only. He wants us to not see the Universe as it really is. He will use every means he can to prevent true ideas from spreading.

Just because I'm smart doesn't mean anything other than it's true.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:48 am
Valo wrote:

Meekness is having the capacity to cause great destruction but keeping that power in check.

Humility is a recognition that you need God in your life.

Those with a broken heart and a contrite spirit receive the Holy Ghost. It's only by having a broken heart and a contrite spirit that we can truly see the things of God.

This is a war. The idea that God is a pacifist who will allow the enemy to destroy His most prized possession is a false one.

Humility is not being passive, peevish, fragile, quiet, and gentle. Meekness is not being weak and helpless. The least will be the greatest.

You can be intelligent, smart, special, and acknowledge it while still remaining meek and humble before the Lord. It's not that difficult to do really once you realize you are nothing without Christ.

Once God chooses someone lowly of heart, meek, and humble, do they remain at the bottom?
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 9:17 am
Gadianton wrote:
Marcus,

I never understand that parable. To me, if we look at it as money, it makes sense but we are taught not to be materialistic. Why punish the person who kept it safe but reward the person who chose risk? We have to look at it as talents in todays language for that parable to have a sense of righteousness about it.
The Wicker Man shed some light on this although others are in the know as well.

The talent we are given is the Christ Seed we received at birth. The portion of the Spirit we receive is to be used to create our own identity, an identity aligned with the Father.

It's important to keep in mind that being born on this Earth is the baptism of water. We are required to pass through this gate of mortality for God's eternal purposes. Why it must be exactly a mortal gate, such as this, I do not know, but I understand the mechanics.
The Wicker Man wrote:The "Christ seed" that we are born with is only lent to us. It will one day return to from where it came.
25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

The Christ seed reigns in us till he hath put all enemies under his feet including death.

28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

The above means that the Christ seed returns to the Father so that God will be fully one again.

37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:

That which we sow is the Christ seed into our children at conception. But the Christ seed sown is not our future body. It helps us bare grain, a seed of our own. It is that seed that receives a new body.

38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.

This second seed that is produced is the replacement for our soul. Our souls are destroyed in the fire when this creation ends. It was the interface between our spirit and our physical body for this physical world. It cannot be the interface between our spirit and our new body.
Valo
Deacon

Post by Valo »

The Wicker Man wrote:Those considered wheat are the same as those that are spotless and without wrinkle, etc. When they are resurrected they receive celestial type bodies and immediately go to be with the LORD in the Father's house which is New Jerusalem. Then New Jerusalem starts its millennial journey to the New Earth.

The tares of course have no viable seed within them and they are not resurrected.

That leaves everyone else and since they are not wheat and not tares it means that they are of some other grain. All that really means is that they are of some other level of glory and they have not qualified for immortality. So they are given another chance on the New Earth to qualify. That means that they receive mortal terrestrial type bodies upon the New Earth. Then they must keep God's commandments to eventually receive immortality. The difference between trying to keep God's commandments on this earth or the New Earth is that on this earth God does not strive with man to help him keep his commandments. On the New Earth God will once again strive with man to help man to keep his commandments. And thus qualify for immortality. However, the wicked will reject God's help and become/remain sinners and will follow Satan when he is released out of the pit that is death. Realize the wicked and the godless are two different groups. The godless have zero Christ Spirit within them and they are not resurrected. The wicked can have some of the Christ Spirit still within them (maybe even a lot) but they choose to do wickedly. The parable of the ten talents explains the mechanics quite well. The one given 5 talents and the one given 2 both grew their talents and were rewarded. The one given 1 talent just buried it in the ground to keep it safe. Isn't it obvious that the talents represents the Christ seed which is the only valuable currency of heaven. And we are required to grow our talents, the Christ Spirit within, by keeping God's commandments the best we can. If we don't the Christ Spirit that we do have will be taken away and given to others. The glory we receive at the resurrection depends upon the glory of the seed we produce. So to answer your question, we shape it with a little help from God and God reveals it at the resurrection by the body he gives to each of us.
The Christ seed is the only valuable currency of heaven.

There is a Satanic equivalent principle that we see playing out in the Mormon church. Satan takes the idea of the talent and twists it for his purposes. Take for example Imany of these Mormon/Illuminati discussion boards. In a secret council someone is chosen to receive a "talent" a "loan" so to speak. They will be gifted a discussion board but with strings attached. They will be puppets of the puppet master and as long as they do the bidding of their master and turn a profit, they will be further elevated in wealth and power in the world. They are tasked with multiplying the investment that the Masters put in towards them.

The Christ Seed is the true principle of the talent. It is the currency of heaven. Heaven is loaning us a portion of the Spirit while we go through mortality. If we strive with all our might to obey the voice of the Spirit given to us, it will result in multiplying or creating more of that Spirit in us. It will result in producing a seed of our own so that when we stand before the Lord at the last day He will know us and we will know Him because we will have His name, His identity.

If we strive with God here in mortality, He will strive with us in Eternity.