Numbers...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Valo
Deacon

Re: Numbers...

Post by Valo »

Playful

"So, it's difficult for us because of that cultural heritage to accept
To accommodate our common sense
To the idea that the web might basically be playful
That it might be like somebody saying, "Won't you come and play with me?"
A child, and the other child has some little hesitation
“I don't know whether I ought to play with you, you come from the wrong side of the track. I don't feel like playing today, I feel serious. I don't think play is important, we ought to do something real like wash the dishes for mother.”
Who incidentally has forgotten that the whole point of washing the dishes is

[Chorus]
Playful
Arranging patterns of life
Playful
Arranging the patterns of life, f’nice!
Playful
Arranging the patterns of life
Playful
Playful

You don't wash the dishes for a serious reason
You like the table to look nice, you know?
You don't want to serve up the dishes for the dinner with all the leavings of breakfast still lying on them
So why do you want the table to look nice?
Well, again it's “f’nice”, you like the pattern of it that way
People get terribly compulsive about doing these things
And they think that going on arranging the patterns of life is something that's a duty
That means a debt, that you owe it to yourself, or to your family, or to someone or other
You're in debt
See that's the trouble
When a child comes into the world the parents play an awful game on it
Instead of being honest they say
"We've made such great sacrifices for you
Here we are we've supported you, we've paid for your education, and you're an ungrateful little bastard."
And the child feels terribly guilty because
What we do is we build into every human being the idea
That existence is guilt

[Chorus]
Playful
Playful
Playful
Playful
Playful

The existentialists make a big thing of this
You watch out for them
Because they're hoaxers and they say that guilt ontological
If you're not feeling guilty, you're not human
That was because papa and mama said
"Look at all the trouble you've caused us, you shouldn't dare to exist. You have no rights, but maybe we'll give you some out of the generosity of our heart, so that you'll be permanently indebted to us."
And so everybody goes around with that sort of thing in their background, unless they have different kinds of papas and mamas
Who didn't play that trick on them
And if they don't do it, somebody else does it
Auntie comes around and says
"You don't realize what your father and mother have done for you. You think you can just stay around here and goof off, but they have sweated blood to give you your clothes, and food, and so on, and you ought to be grateful for it."
But that's not the way to make people grateful
They won't be grateful that way
They'll imitate gratefulness, they'll put on a big show and say
"Oh thank you so much, I feel so indebted to you," and so on and so forth
And they'll make it look good
But it isn't real
But it isn't real
Because actually, one's father and mother
Had a great deal of fun bringing you into being, or we hope they did
And they wanted to do that the worst way
They have no reason to complain about all these things
And try and make the children feel guilty

[Chorus]
Playful
Playful
Arranging the patterns of life, s'nice!
Playful
Playful
Arranging the patterns of life, s’nice!
Playful"

Playful
Imwashingmypirate
God

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Why are people being so sharp and so defensive.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:31 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 3:59 pm

Where does one learn these things?
I think it all comes under the general umbrella of psychology, but you can find tons of information and examples by reading articles on manipulation in abusive relationships, manipulation in cults, manipulation by con artists and scammers, manipulation by advertisers and sales people, and even manipulation by magicians.

One of the reasons so many people don't recognize manipulative techniques is that people who have been damaged by cults and con artists are embarrassed that they were fooled. The blame themselves and are often reluctant to speak out. But when they do speak out, what they have to say is very helpful in understanding how manipulation works.

Here are videos of two people who were sucked into and damaged by two cults we've discussed here: Connexions (Jodie Hildebrand) and Julie Rowe. I'd suggest starting with watching them.

https://youtu.be/z2o27AfsDv4 -- Julie Rowe

https://youtu.be/fHsERZzKj8s -- Connexions/Jodie HIldebrandt
Thanks.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:02 pm
Who do you mean?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:47 pm
Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 7:02 pm
Who do you mean?
Not you personally. I just mean it's like there's a sense that people (and not just in this discussion) are feeling attacked and attacking back.

Edit: sorry I read that wrong. Thought you said what do you mean...
Imwashingmypirate
God

This is what I mean. I'll highlight where I'm feeling the sharpness. I might be wrong.

Edit. It's not just here. It's other people and all through the place and I think even I might have gotten caught up in it at times.
Valo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:50 pm
Gadianton wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:31 pm

Let me tell you something about myself, Valo. I was born into a cult based in Salt Lake City Utah. I escaped.

So yeah, I'd like to think I've picked up on a few things.

Funny you say this
cause the Spirit was just telling me a bit ago you've been hurt and betrayed and that's why you act the way you do. Makes sense. You don't know anything about me and haven't taken the time to know me even though I've been open, sincere, and given you lot's of personal information about me. You can look me up, find my real name, find where I live, all of that. You can go see me make a fool of myself trying to play guiitar and sing. Im not hiding. Are you so open?

I am not afraid of anyone's judgement or perceptions of me. I don't care if you don't trust me. Not personally. I don't need nor am I seeking validation from any person, (yes that includes Michael Sherwin). I can accept myself as I am, therefore I can accept others as they are.

Word of advice. In an ambiguous situation, where you really don't know, assume the best.

Check-out Darknesstolight on LDSFF. That's an old version of me and that version probably relates to you better than this version. But keep in mind, if you do go check it out, that although I am darknesstolight, I don't think like that any more.

I told you the game I am playing and if you want to get in to ring with me and play, then follow the rules of the game. Or don't and you'll be ignored.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Valo wrote: You don't know anything about me and haven't taken the time to know me even though I've been open, sincere, and given you lot's of personal information about me.
While that's true, it's also true that you don't know anything about the people of this forum, yet you've introduced yourself by basically telling everyone to shut up and listen to you, as we the people here are just "pretending they[we] haven't just pawned off their sense of meaning to another supposed authority".

When Dr. Steuss took the time to write a thoughtful response to you, you responded:

"And just because you made a post saying "just because " doesn't mean anything either."

You asked if Steuss is my friend. It doesn't really matter because anyone who would have taken the time to write a thoughtful response deserved better than to say "And just because you made a post saying "just because " doesn't mean anything either."

Thoughtful responses that disagree with you apparently amount to saying "just because". You don't come across as very sincere at all when you do that. But then, you lay down all these ground rules a person has to follow when communicating with you. Oh, and if people listen to you, the Lord is pleased, and if not, the Lord is angry.

There's this weird dichotomy here, Valo. Sure, the guy with a rumble account that includes guitar videos is a down-to-earth guy just trying to connect. I don't think music needs to be complicated to be good, and you seem to have a knack for creating a mood and I think it's great you're doing that, and hope you continue to work at it. But then that same guy claims to be somewhere between the harbinger of Jesus Christ and the Kwisatz Haderach, and we'd better not be the least bit skeptical about that.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 11:55 pm
This is what I mean. I'll highlight where I'm feeling the sharpness. I might be wrong.

Edit. It's not just here. It's other people and all through the place and I think even I might have gotten caught up in it at times.
Valo wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 4:50 pm

Funny you say this
cause the Spirit was just telling me a bit ago you've been hurt and betrayed and that's why you act the way you do. Makes sense. You don't know anything about me and haven't taken the time to know me even though I've been open, sincere, and given you lot's of personal information about me. You can look me up, find my real name, find where I live, all of that. You can go see me make a fool of myself trying to play guiitar and sing. Im not hiding. Are you so open?

I am not afraid of anyone's judgement or perceptions of me. I don't care if you don't trust me. Not personally. I don't need nor am I seeking validation from any person, (yes that includes Michael Sherwin). I can accept myself as I am, therefore I can accept others as they are.

Word of advice. In an ambiguous situation, where you really don't know, assume the best.

Check-out Darknesstolight on LDSFF. That's an old version of me and that version probably relates to you better than this version. But keep in mind, if you do go check it out, that although I am darknesstolight, I don't think like that any more.

I told you the game I am playing and if you want to get in to ring with me and play, then follow the rules of the game. Or don't and you'll be ignored.
I think I understand and I don’t think you’re wrong.
he/him

High Spy
Apostle

Post by High Spy »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 10:55 am
High Spy wrote:
Thu May 09, 2024 9:40 am

Code: Select all

[quote="High Spy" post_id=2860904 time=1715239844 user_id=44503]
IWP’s post count currently stands at 844 while mine is 752. 8-)
[/quote]
Apparently post number 840 here makes you a prophet. :lol:

Wow, one chance in 1000 for an exact match, and yea 84 in 384 represents warning. Now I also see it as imposing restrictions on me. It’s the first digits of several thousand credit cards shared with my many coworkers who are also wage slaves. It’s also in my address and phone numbers which limits my freedom to go places. June tenth or eleventh will again be a new opportunity to visit ground zero shown at march8miracle.org. Valo likely has restrictions imposed by the school calendar. Do your kids have summers off like most kids in the lower 48 do?
The mind is fragile. Numbers can mean one thing to one person and something totally different to another. We can look at the negatives but perhaps there are also positives to consider. So, 52 makes me thing of bad things, but would I be where I am today without those things? Maybe it's about balance.

You say the credit card may make your coworkers wage slaves which in a way is true but wages give money that can be used. Without making money in this society we have different limitations. What we do with that money may create more limitations or it may create a sense of freedom and enjoyment. One could be an addict, functional enough to keep a job down but trapped by their addiction that uses up their money and limits their sense of freedom. I know someone who lives to work. Doesn't like doing anything else.

The school calender does restrict. We can't go do things whilst the kids are at school. But at the same time, them being at school gives us time to do other tasks that are easier when they are with others learning. Like painting, cleaning, shopping. But there is a sense that we are slaves to consumerism. But do we enjoy it? The problems arise when we are trapped in unhealthy cycles that cause negative effects. So balance is the key. Which goes for most things.

Valo’s number is 44809.

Nine is three squared, cubed it is twenty seven.

44938 also represented the date of the spectacular eclipse across the pond. Our job seems more and more to warn about stuff. Mostly why everyone doesn’t address the advent of demonstration earthquakes as per march8miracle.org. Hopefully he’ll persist through many troubles to triumph in the end.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Warn of what? That people can claim to find meaning in randomness and coincidence? That there will be earthquakes?

Warning applies to an event or events to come. Can you predict as well as retrodict?
he/him