A Special Video Message of Hope and Healing From President Russell M. Nelson

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: A Special Video Message of Hope and Healing Is Coming From the Prophet November 20

Post by Shulem »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:39 pm
It appears that this board is going to be pretty much like the other. Sad.

It could have been so much better. I suppose this is to be expected when hate and nastiness rule the day among so many critics and ex Mormons.

Although, truth be told, a few of the threads on this re-created board have been, at least to some degree, interesting to read.

Quit your bitching and head up to the Celestial Forum if you can't handle the heat in the kitchen. I've taken a much softer approach in exposing the hypocrisy and idolatry of your church.

President NelSatan is cruel and brash. He mercilessly threw HInckley and Monson under the bus just as soon as he assumed the reigns. I'll bet the man is a mean son of bitch in real life. I can imagine those soft blue eyes turning venomous and his nose like a stinger. He's evil. He gives me the creeps 10x.
Shulem
God

Re: A Special Video Message of Hope and Healing Is Coming From the Prophet November 20

Post by Shulem »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:01 pm
I think you should get over the absurd stories told to you in primary.
Glad to see you admit that poor Philo is suffering from Mormon brainwashing. It takes many years to get over it and heal.

Come, join us, and set yourself free.

;)
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Bought Yahoo wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:01 pm
I don't necessarily know that a President of the Church has any particular ability to fortell the future or look into people's hearts. Or a stake president. Or a bishop. I kind of doubt it.
I'm right there with you, brother! I don't know it either.

But I do know the reverse, they don't have the ability.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:41 pm
* At the end, Nelson prays for gratitude, and closes with plea for relief from political strife and prejudice

That was the part of the presentation that wasn't memorized or canned. The prayer. Well, I don't really feel a need to criticize it because it came from his heart and seemed genuine enough. But was it effective and did it move me? Nope. It made me cringe every time I heard him use hallowed language. Does he really think God cares about hallowed language or whether his tie has a crease or his collar is a bit out of shape?

The hallowed language really, really, turned me off. God is so much more bigger than that! Just say, "Hey, God, we love YOU, and are happy knowing YOU love us too".

What might a Bible prophet have said? I don't know. Maybe something along the lines that in 70 days the virus will disappear? Or perhaps in 70 days it's going to be a lot worse!

NelSatan doesn't know what's going to happen other than what professionals and statisticians have to say in the news which he depends on for his information. God isn't telling him jack. His prayer made that perfectly clear to me.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:22 pm
Like sitting on $130B for a rainy day fund instead of caring for the least among us? What do you think Jesus would do with that money?

- Doc
Take my 100 billion dollars and give it to the poor.

malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Did anyone who listened notice if there was a message about using masks, social distancing, etc? Either:
  • something that might encourage the saints to help keep others safe, or
  • an indication that precautions are not needed, because God's will will be done regardless
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:41 pm
* Encourages a 7-day social media "gratitude" blitz

Just imagine if NelSatan had included this awful verse in his speech or prayer:
Doctrine and Covenants 59:21 wrote:And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments.

Which means that you must *obey* the commandments as prescribed by the Church and confess all things to ®.

Joseph Smith understood the power of gratitude and its immense ability to influence the human mind and spirit. Sadly, however, he used it to instill fear in the hearts of his believers in order to advance his own selfish cause.
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

Shulem wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:50 pm
Quit your bitching and head up to the Celestial Forum if you can't handle the heat in the kitchen. I've taken a much softer approach in exposing the hypocrisy and idolatry of your church.
Yeah, right.
Shulem wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:50 pm
President NelSatan is cruel and brash...He's evil.
I think he would look upon you with love...and possibly a degree of pity in regards to the fact that you carry this hate within you. Hate cankers the soul.

Regards,
MG
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

malkie wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:21 pm
Did anyone who listened notice if there was a message about using masks...
Yes. Albeit indirectly.

Hi malkie! I hope you and yours are healthy and safe. We’ve moved since the time that I was able to meet you. Doing the 55+ community thing.

Hope all is well.

Regards,
MG
IHAQ
God

Post by IHAQ »

A week ago, somebody not claiming to be a prophet wrote...
Gratitude isn’t just about improving our ability to receive the good. What’s just as important is our ability to express our gratitude. New research suggests that our expression of gratitude can be even more beneficial than an internal practice.

Expressing our gratitude has many obvious benefits, like strengthening our relationships and improving our mood. What's not obvious, is that we tend to express our gratitude backwards.

A study conducted at University of North Carolina breaks verbal thanks into two different types: "other-praising" and "self-benefiting." Other-praising is about highlighting the giver like “This just goes to show how thoughtful you are” or "You're so talented" whereas self-benefitting is about highlighting yourself like “That makes me happy.” or "I'm so relieved."

The study found that "other-praising gratitude was strongly related to perceptions of responsiveness, positive emotion, and loving — but self-benefit gratitude was not."
https://bulletjournal.com/blogs/bulletj ... g-grateful

The article is insightful and well worth a read.
Giving thanks is such a common human interaction. With just a little bit more awareness, it seemingly has the potential to be so much more. These studies suggest that the aware expression of gratitude, positively influences not only the mood, but also the behavior of both parties. Feeling grateful inspires positive action, which makes others grateful and take positive action. It's a virtuous cycle.

We covered a lot of ground here, so allow me to leave you with a summary that can act as a starting point as you start to develop your own gratitude practice:

Get a notebook. Write down one original thing every day that you're sincerely grateful for. This can be something you received, or something that you gave. Each week, take time to reflect on the things you've written down. If you see an opportunity to thank somebody for something you're grateful for, be sure to do so. Add a Task in your Bullet Journal so you don't forget. Once you've taken the action, you can use it as that day's gratitude entry.

Try this for a month and reflect on how consistent you were. If you were consistent, begin adding an item. Keep a daily record of one thing you've given, and one thing you've received.