A Special Video Message of Hope and Healing From President Russell M. Nelson

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: A Special Video Message of Hope and Healing Is Coming From the Prophet November 20

Post by Dr Moore »

Gratitude as a message to call Mormons to spread positive vibes on social media isn't a bad thing at all. As a stand alone message, I would give Nelson's video a 9/10 for being on point and timely.

0/10 for being on point and timely as a medical professional and prophet of the church warning members everywhere to go above and beyond whatever local political guidelines may have been and to strictly wear masks and adhere to physical distancing. He has a lot of death on his hands for failing to give that prophetic counsel, unfortunately.
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Re: A Special Video Message of Hope and Healing Is Coming From the Prophet November 20

Post by mentalgymnast »

Dr Moore wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:22 pm
Gratitude as a message to call Mormons to spread positive vibes on social media isn't a bad thing at all. As a stand alone message, I would give Nelson's video a 9/10 for being on point and timely.

0/10 for being on point and timely as a medical professional and prophet of the church warning members everywhere to go above and beyond whatever local political guidelines may have been and to strictly wear masks and adhere to physical distancing. He has a lot of death on his hands for failing to give that prophetic counsel, unfortunately.
https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/04/17/ ... eers-each/

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020/07 ... atter-day/

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/2/27 ... conference

On June 24, Latter-day Saint leaders joined with other faiths and religions in a video calling for people to wear masks. Two weeks later, the Utah Area Presidency sent a request to all members in the state to wear face coverings when in public.

Question: do folks need a prophet to encourage them to use common sense? Is it not enough to follow the guidelines that are given by national and state leaders?

You are a blatant fool for putting the responsibility for coronavirus deaths in the hands of President Nelson. I would think that your natural intelligence would prohibit you from speaking with such abandon and recklessness. But alas, in this venue you can readily get away with it.

Regards,
MG
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:10 pm
Shulem wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:50 pm
President NelSatan is cruel and brash...He's evil.
I think he would look upon you with love...and possibly a degree of pity in regards to the fact that you carry this hate within you. Hate cankers the soul.

Regards,
MG

No, he would look at me with disgust and judgment. As far as he's concerned, I'm an evil apostate, turned over to the buffetings of Satan, etc.

I pity the old man for continuing the charade and coverup of Mormonism to the very last drop. I'm sure he *hates* the sin that I live on a daily basis. My so-called *sins* define me, and President Nelson hates my sins.

To me, NelSatan is a cankerous old fart and meaner than a junkyard dog. He's a wolf in sheep's clothing living a life of delusion. He's not a prophet of God. He's a faker -- a fraud. Indeed, I pity the old bastard.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:32 am
Dr Moore wrote:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/2020/04/17/ ... eers-each/

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2020/07 ... atter-day/

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2020/2/27 ... conference

On June 24, Latter-day Saint leaders joined with other faiths and religions in a video calling for people to wear masks. Two weeks later, the Utah Area Presidency sent a request to all members in the state to wear face coverings when in public.

Question: do folks need a prophet to encourage them to use common sense? Is it not enough to follow the guidelines that are given by national and state leaders?

You are a blatant fool for putting the responsibility for coronavirus deaths in the hands of President Nelson. I would think that your natural intelligence would prohibit you from speaking with such abandon and recklessness. But alas, in this venue you can readily get away with it.

Regards,
MG
The ENTIRE state of Utah NEEDS this message. You need to write a letter to the editor of all their newspapers and say this to them.
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

Shulem wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:40 am
My so-called *sins* define me...
That’s an interesting self analysis. Personally, I would rather not be defined by my sins, but by my righteous actions and deeds.

But that’s off topic, and I digress.

Regards,
MG
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Dr Moore wrote:

That's what was really surprising. During the week, it seemed that every headline I read was something like 'Nelson expected to tell members to wear masks.' it was really surprising to read he did not, especially given Utah's precarious position.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Bought Yahoo
But I don't criticize the President of Church's job to warn us against our sins.
It's a self imposed power to pretend he is the God Police, since God doesn't appear at all interested in being on this beautiful planet. They define sins (other religions have different sins than Mormon ones, in other words, everyone is trying to figure out how to control people). I no longer believe in sin. It is too manipulative. It is all based on what some ancient dude thought. Who cares? I don't need old dudes from another state to tell me how to live. It's superfluous.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Area Authority urging masks is NOT the same as the prophet urging the same.

MG do you seriously believe that two pairs of earrings deserves prophetic mandate but not a similarly clear admonition to wear face masks?

It’s common sense to some, but man obviously not common sense to enough. Cuomo or Newsom have been better prophets than Nelson when it comes to remediation of the spread of Covid-19. I’m sorry but you're the blatant fool if you won’t see that.
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

Lem wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:56 am
During the week, it seemed that every headline I read was something like 'Nelson expected to tell members to wear masks.' it was really surprising to read he did not, especially given Utah's precarious position.
Go to the section of his address between the 1:20 and 1:30 mark.

https://youtu.be/tlcILxGmVrI

By the way, masks were not the main thrust of his message. You’re doing the CNN thingy.

Utah is among many states struggling right now.

Regards,
MG
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:54 am

That’s an interesting self analysis. Personally, I would rather not be defined by my sins, but by my righteous actions and deeds.

But that’s off topic, and I digress.

Regards,
MG

I see.

I don't consider what defines me to be sin as does President NelSatan and your Church. I think/feel that gay love can be a righteous and wonderful thing to express!

But yeah, it's off topic so I won't digress further here in this thread. I can cover that fully in the Celestial Forum.

;)