Certain people can't ever get it right

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Re: Certain people can't ever get it right

Post by mentalgymnast »

Chap wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:13 pm

I think Lem is probably on the money here. Most of the time MG's modus operandi is to represent himself as being so much more subtle and insightful than the poor saps who point out that he just isn't making any sense.

In his response to one of my earlier posts, he evidently felt that option would not be plausible, given the point our exchanges had reached. So he switched to the stuff about 'I'm just a poor old guy with memory problems who gets a bit confused'. Then he huffs and puffs till he can once more soar up in his hot-air balloon and shower us with his wisdom from above (or is it something else that is raining down on us...?)
Back to the end of thread polemics now, are we? Care to actually address my posts?

Regards,
MG
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:47 am
...your church leaders, who lets face it, kind of suck.
I don’t think so. But again, it comes back to how your viewfinder is set and the vantage point from which you’re observing.

What would one expect from a secular atheist? Assuming that this is how you would describe yourself.

Regards,
MG
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Yup, see how it goes?

MG proposes a metaphor that simply does not make the point he is trying to make.

Anybody who points that out is denounced as simply not subtle enough to comprehend the depth of the thoughts of MG (who a little while back was taking refuge in the 'I'm just a poor old guy whose aged brain can't cope with these hard questions' defence).
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

Chap wrote:
Most of the time MG's modus operandi is to represent himself as being so much more subtle and insightful than the poor saps who point out that he just isn't making any sense.
I can’t help it if you’re not able to make sense of what I’m saying. Makes perfect sense to me.

Double entendre.

Regards,
MG
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

Chap wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:51 pm
Yup, see how it goes?

MG proposes a metaphor that simply does not make the point he is trying to make.

Anybody who points that out is denounced as simply not subtle enough to comprehend the depth of the thoughts of MG (who a little while back was taking refuge in the 'I'm just a poor old guy whose aged brain can't cope with these hard questions' defence).
See ya’.

You’ve imploded.

Regards,
MG
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Yup, that's a troll and a time waster.

As I have said a couple of times before - this board became just too tough for LDS apologists who actually advanced substantive propositions that could be discussed on the basis of whether or not they were consistent with real world evidence. They lost hands down, time after time, and gave up and went away to safer environments.

It's as if we had effectively eliminated all the fish from the sea, from whales down to sardines, by hooking up everything that could swim and eating it.

Now all we have left are the jellyfish ...
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

Morley wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:55 pm

It's not your larger set of beliefs that people argue against.
No? I don’t think you got that quite right. I think that’s exactly what people are arguing against.

That predisposition will impact whatever comes thereafter.

Regards,
MG
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

Chap wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:04 pm
Yup, that's a troll and a time waster.
Yup, funny, the way my viewfinder is set and the position from which I am viewing, you have wasted my time by having to come back and respond to you and try to get into that knucklehead of yours.

Your responses indicate that you truly are a literalist and have a difficult time even contemplating metaphor and its possible application/implication in a search for truth.

Rationalism or bust, says he!

Regards,
MG
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

Chap wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:51 pm

Au contraire.

Regards,
MG
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:37 pm
Chap wrote:

I think Lem is probably on the money here. Most of the time MG's modus operandi is to represent himself as being so much more subtle and insightful than the poor saps who point out that he just isn't making any sense.

In his response to one of my earlier posts, he evidently felt that option would not be plausible, given the point our exchanges had reached. So he switched to the stuff about 'I'm just a poor old guy with memory problems who gets a bit confused'. Then he huffs and puffs till he can once more soar up in his hot-air balloon and shower us with his wisdom from above (or is it something else that is raining down on us...?)
Back to the end of thread polemics now, are we? Care to actually address my posts?

Regards,
MG
The way your mind works, probably not.

Regards,
MG