Shout Out to Shulem!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Re: Shout Out to Shulem!

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:48 pm
Was Anubis's eye also altered?

In my judgment, no. Anubis's eye in Facsimile No. 3, was almost certainly the same eye of the animal headed person on the original papyrus. From what I can tell, the engraver made a serious deep hack across the snout causing the desired separation in converting the head from animal to human. Lead was chiseled out rather meticulously and the remainder was shaped from the crop to achieve human form. But you can see that everything is off -- something is not quite right. Shove your finger into Anubis's mouth and you'll pop out his eye. How hardly does that agree with conventions of Egyptian art?

What do you say, John Gee? Is the eye on Anubis that of a jackal? You're more qualified to answer that question than I am, so I appeal to your authority in this matter.

Let's listen to what Dr. Gee has to say about the head! Then we can go from there. ;)
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Apologetic Penguin wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:54 pm
"Stay in the Facsimile O Anubis, and I Daryl, God of Home Canning shall cause Reuben Hedlock to strike off thy snout forthwith. We will name you Olimlah and perhaps seal you to Jane Manning James. Try working your canine powers here in Kirkland and see how far that gets you O Son of the Nile! This is the age of the cotton gin and health science that uses leaches and worries about hot drinks that warm the belly."
Was Daryl given full Council authority for his action? Wonder what he included in his return report?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
"Stay in the Facsimile O Anubis

Here is another example of changing the face of an Egyptian god

Is made to represent the backyard professor on his perch surrounded by his fans

Egyptologist John Gee is welcome to comment on how the above depiction of Horus could be any worse than what Smith did to Anubis in Facsimile No. 3. John, are you willing to step up to the plate and take my pitches? Can you hit the ball or will you strike out?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Moksha wrote:
This is the age of the cotton gin

Joseph Smith's original assumption in identifying the BLACK person of Facsimile No. 3, as a slave, is understandable when considering his reasoning originated from a racial bias that is wholly applicable to his time and political era. It seems perfectly natural that someone of that era would channel their bias by imagining a BLACK man drawn on an ancient document in company with white people could well be misconstrued as a slave who is subject to the authority of his masters. The Mormons believed the BLACK man was a slave because Joseph Smith openly taught that to his people and they believed him.

William Appleby, May 1841 wrote:Abraham also in the Court of Pharaoh sitting upon the King’s throne reasoning upon Astronomy, with a crown upon his head, representing the Priesthood as emblematical of the grand Presidency in Heaven, with the scepter of Justice and Judgment in his hand. And King Pharaoh, standing behind him, together with a Prince—a principal waiter, and a black slave of the King . . . .

Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

consiglieri wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:10 pm
Just wanted Shulem to know his discovery is now part and parcel of the lawsuit against the Church, and is part of the record.

Nice work!

Apologists for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are not interested in the truth but continue to distort, lie, and cheat while defending the fraudulent translations of the Book of Abraham as they are directed by Church leaders to defend and maintain those lies:

The Church knowingly tells lies and has a long history of withholding pertinent information from its members regarding the fraudulent nature of the Book of Abraham translations. The Church should be held liable for its long term practice in sponsoring a program of mass deception.

Penalties and fines should be assessed in the billions wherein the Church must make restitution for its program of mass deception....

The following links in WIKIPEDIA are excellent sources worth bookmarking to acquire quick information about the Joseph Smith papyrus and learn more about this controversial subject. If you prefer, you can bookmark this page here at Discuss Mormonism Wikipedia Book of Abraham Links

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Papyri
Criticism of the Book of Abraham
Joseph Smith Hypocephalus
Kirtland Egyptian papers
Book of Joseph (Latter Day Saints)
File:Facsimile 3 plate anubis.jpg
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Man, I had no idea Wikipedia has been THAT busy putting it all together on the problems of the facsimiles! Holy toledo, is that you doing all that Shulem??? I am amazed the Mormons have let that stand unchanged. Don't they also get to edit? I have never known how that works anyway. If anyone can edit, then others can just come in and delete and add what they want. How is that helpful? Are there controls to Wikipedia?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:52 pm
Man, I had no idea Wikipedia has been THAT busy putting it all together on the problems of the facsimiles! Holy toledo, is that you doing all that Shulem??? I am amazed the Mormons have let that stand unchanged. Don't they also get to edit? I have never known how that works anyway. If anyone can edit, then others can just come in and delete and add what they want. How is that helpful? Are there controls to Wikipedia?

Oh my heavens, ha ha, no, it's not me doing all that wonderful work!

It is well, Philo Sofee. Now that the articles are written, organized, and on full display, with amazing pictures therein, and provided with all kinds of information, it is glorious and beautiful.

Indeed, anyone can get a fabulous education by perusing those articles and RFM should utilize them for future podcasts he might like to do on the Book of Abraham. I don't know who edits and maintains them or anything about that. I have to think it's done in a manner where scholarship and accountability is maintained to some degree. There are eyes on the system and there are powers that be that keep track of all that stuff, but don't ask me because I haven't a clue.

I will take some credit for contributing to the cause over the years and using my means and influence to move the message forward and highlight these matters in such a manner as expressed in these amazing articles. My energy and contributions (along with others including you) have provided influence and inspiration but other than that, I can't take credit.

With that said, however, I do take credit for discovering the hacked out snout in the lead plate of Facsimile No. 3, and for challenging the false notion that the actual printing plates were made of wood, thus the misnomer of "woodcuts" has been corrected due to my efforts in carefully examining the plates at the Joseph Smith Papers website and questioning everything while thinking outside the box. And hey, you were there too cheering me on while that happened. I appreciate that. And what's really cool, we both know where the discovery was made, right here, on Mormon Discussions!!

:D
Shulem
God

Mormonism LIVE TONIGHT

Post by Shulem »

links:

https://mormonismlive.org
https://www.Facebook.com/Radio-Free-Mor ... 634888237/

TONIGHT, Wednesday, at 7:20 PM, CENTRAL time.

"Mormonism LIVE!" will be titled, "The Rules of the Game."
There are five rules to the game of Mormonism; all of them from the perspective of church leaders:

Rule No. 1--We are going to hide stuff from you. What is the king's name in Facsimile No. 3?
Rule No. 2--We are going to try to keep you from finding the stuff we are hiding from you. (Even the king's name?)
Rule No. 3--We are going to lie about hiding stuff from you. (No king's name?)
Rule No. 4--You can't blame us for hiding stuff from you. (But what is the king's name?)
Rule No. 5--If you talk about the stuff we are hiding from you, we will hide you. (See Rule No. 2) (But what of the king?)

Amen to the king's name.

:(

Dear John Gee,

What is the king's name?

Shulem
Shulem
God

Book of Mormon Onomasticon

Post by Shulem »

Horrific Mormon sourced lies on the Internet designed to deceive ignorant researchers make a silly attempt to add credibility to Joseph Smith's false translation of Fig. 6, of Facsimile No. 3. The incredible deceptive nature of this statement is beyond the pale. Mormons will do anything to defend Smith's lies -- I have to think the persons responsible for launching this apologetic would do just about anything to defend those lies. These apologists have no conscience and poison the well of knowledge. Their minds and hearts have been seared with a hot Mormon iron of religious deception.

Book of Mormon Onomasticon wrote:
OLIMLAH

Pearl of Great Price PN 1. OLIMLAH PN of slave belonging to Prince of Pharaoh (BofAbraham facsimile 3:6).

Hugh Nibley and Val Sederholm agree that the name, parsed as Ol-im-lah, is hypothetical Egyptian *wri ʼImn-Rˁ “Great is Amun-Re.”[1]

Notes

Nibley, Abraham in Egypt, 588.

Category: Pearl of Great Price Names

The fictitious name "Olimlah" invented through Joseph Smith's phony and unscientific translation has absolutely nothing to do with Amun-Re. The name Olimlah does not apply to, reference, or honor the Egyptian god in any way. The name is just as phony as other names found in the Kirtland Egyptian Papers. Smith made the word up and apologists desperately dissect it in a vain attempt to find any relation to the Egyptian. With that said, one could probably take the word "Olimlah" and break it down in any language and find all kinds of interesting things to compare. But let's be clear, absolutely, the fictitious name is not an ascription or an honorific title referencing Amun-Re! It has nothing to do with the real character or person of Fig. 6, who is the Egyptian god Anubis. Furthermore, Olimlah is not an Egyptian name!

Too bad Hugh Nibley didn't live long enough to learn about the discovery of Anubis's snout being hacked out of the lead printing plate. If Hugh had learned about that, he would have blown a gasket. The poor old man died ignorantly believing the face of Smith's slave in Facsimile No. 3, was actually copied from the papyrus which has been conveniently lost to this day. But poor and pitiful John Gee (America's Worst Egyptologist) has no excuse and he knows about the snout being chiseled out. There is nothing he can do to defend this horrible mutilation performed by Smith and his butcher (Hedlock) in justifying Smith's translations with Egyptology.

Poor John Gee. This must be killing him!

:lol:

Ha ha, John Gee, I'm laughing at you!

More to come....
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

John Gee has no reason to anymore even paying attention to anything with the papyri. He has now turned his talents to shoring up the morality of Mormonism. His next book is going to probably be "How to be a Real Good Mormon Housewife, and Rub Your Husband's Feet for Him When He Returns Home From a Hard Day's Work, The Gospel at Work for the Holiness of the Eternal Family."