John Gee Accuses JSP of "subscrib[ing]...to anti-Mormon theories about...the Book of Abraham."

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Shulem
God

Apologetics

Post by Shulem »

hauslern wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:02 pm
Have you seen this blog?
https://thebookofabraham.blogspot.com/2017/

Yes, I've seen the blog and have briefly scrolled through it. Much of it reminds me of my old apologetic website that I maintained for many years while defending the Church back in the day.

http://web.archive.org/web/200710120813 ... le/id3.htm

Finding parallels and using symbolism to distract from what Smith actually claimed does not justify his false claims. I highly recommend the following link of a discussion held here on the old Mormon Discussions board:

Joseph Smith & a LITERAL 3500 Year Old Abraham Autograph
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Re: John Gee Accuses JSP of "subscrib[ing]...to anti-Mormon theories about...the Book of Abraham."

Post by Dr Moore »

I wonder how many of the brethren have already decided that while John Gee is plain and simply not credible as an academic athlete, he’s better kept on the team so to speak, running interference and filling up water bottles. Like a modern day Rudy, but without the celebratory final game scene.
Shulem
God

Re: John Gee Accuses JSP of "subscrib[ing]...to anti-Mormon theories about...the Book of Abraham."

Post by Shulem »

Dr Moore wrote:
Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:27 am
I wonder how many of the brethren have already decided that while John Gee is plain and simply not credible as an academic athlete, he’s better kept on the team so to speak, running interference and filling up water bottles. Like a modern day Rudy, but without the celebratory final game scene.

John Gee is a product of the institution which owns him. He's in chains and is subject to the rules whereby he must abide in order to keep his job. You know, it's ironic -- Gee is the real SLAVE, not Anubis, of Facsimile No. 3.

Poor Gee. His hands are tied. He's bound by the circumstances in which he must abide. He's the real slave having sold his birthright for a mess of Mormon pottage. He works within the trapped confines of his Mormon cage and the General Authorities are his taskmasters -- cracking their whips.

What an awful legacy he has made for himself.
Facsimile No. 3 wrote:Fig. 6. JOHN GEE, a slave belonging to the Church.