Midgley Boasts About Getting a Postal Worker Fired

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Re: Midgley Boasts About Getting a Postal Worker Fired

Post by Philo Sofee »

Lem wrote::lol: I knew from your first sentence, something good was coming!
I began to type and the Holy Spirit took over after I got the first word typed, I swear! :D
Shulem
God

Rosy cheeks and rosy palm

Post by Shulem »

I'm Louis Midgley. Let me start by explaining that I’m nearly 90 years old. I don’t feel a day over 83 in fact, the last time I had to pop a pimple was 15 years ago. I am in good health—though I am a bit wobbly, I have a rosy palm. I'm rubbing it right now. You want to see it?

Shulem
God

You're fired!

Post by Shulem »

No, I don't read Playboy magazine or smut. Only Church approved materials are in my library. And no, I don't read anything from the backyard professor. I'm sure he's been fired by now. What a loser.

Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Dan Peterson wrote:...the toxicity and personal animosity that characterize far too much of our contemporary public discourse....
Of which Midgley is a prime example.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Huh. Yes--some good points here. It's true that Midgley does seem to have a penchant for exaggeration. And it makes you wonder which is worse: Being a liar? Or openly boasting about getting someone fired over something incredibly petty? (Such as delivering a package--which, last I checked, is pretty much what postal employees are *supposed* to do!) The fact that the other Mopologists aren't saying anything is quite telling.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Lem wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:44 pm
:shock: dear god, Midgley is a pig. A disgusting, sexist, jerk of a pig. He has explained before that without belief in god, there is no ability for a human to understand things like why rape is wrong. ( :shock: :shock: :shock: ) Clearly, he is describing himself. After reading his comments for a number of years, I can only feel for his wife and daughters. One time, Midgley expressed he couldn't wait to see his wife again in the afterlife... so he could thank her for running his household because that meant he could do whatever pleased him and still have a smoothly running home. THAT is what he loved about her. I am not kidding. It was heart-wrenching.

I've known many lds woman trying to make the best of living with narcissistic dicks like this, but even following the Mormon template, it is a loathsome task with few benefits. Most women I know just keep repeating, "god gave the priesthood to men for a reason, all I can do is follow." it is a sick place for lds women to be.

Who runs the household?

Do as I say

Not good enough!

:shock:
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Lem wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:11 am
Dan Peterson wrote:...the toxicity and personal animosity that characterize far too much of our contemporary public discourse....
Of which Midgley is a prime example.
I wonder if Tillich ever taught about irony...... If he did, Lou probably misread it for "ironing," and immediately put his wife at home to work so he could once again make scholarly claims about credibility or some such...
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:50 am
Huh. Yes--some good points here. It's true that Midgley does seem to have a penchant for exaggeration. And it makes you wonder which is worse: Being a liar? Or openly boasting about getting someone fired over something incredibly petty? (Such as delivering a package--which, last I checked, is pretty much what postal employees are *supposed* to do!) The fact that the other Mopologists aren't saying anything is quite telling.
Well, I think what we have here is the worst of both worlds -- whether it's exaggerating in fantasy about the horrible fate of a person who hadn't even crossed him in a personal way, or glorying in the actual horrible fate.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

In a word, disgusting.

Midgley et. al. invent enemies where there are none, yet will agitate so ardently that enemies are made. A self fulfilling prophecy if ever there was one. Points for determination, Herr Midgley.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:52 pm
In a word, disgusting.

Midgley et al invent enemies where there are none, yet will agitate so ardently that enemies are made. A self fulfilling prophecy if ever there was one. Points for determination, Herr Midgley.
I can't help but notice we never get bragging about how many the Mopologists love into Mormonism, and how much and long their converts remain in Mormonism continuing the trend of converting into God's Holy Plan. It's almost conspicuously lacking... I suppose they would, ironically, imagine it would make them look like they are bragging, and they want to be seen as remaining humble. :roll: