Midgley Boasts About Getting a Postal Worker Fired

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Midgley Boasts About Getting a Postal Worker Fired

Post by Doctor Scratch »

So much for "inclusiveness"! Right in the midst of the "SeN" proprietor's calls for an end to "seemingly reflexive demonizing of The Enemy," we get this bizarre rant:
Louis Midgley wrote:Allen: I cannot now remember why I did this, but yesterday I spent an hour trying hard to actually locate where the Reverend Kurt Van Gorden currently lives. Now I was previously aware the he lived on Buggy Whip Lane in Victorville, California.

Why would I know such a thing? Well, prior to the to my second mission to New Zealand, the Reverend Van Gordon brought a lawsuit against the First Presidency, the Twelve, Daniel C. Peterson, me, and a host of other people more or less involved with what was then known as the Foundation for Ancient Research and Mormon Studies (a.k.a. FARMS) for millions of dollars.

My wife and I went to New Zealand for two years (1999-2000). And this lawsuit was not settled until months after we returned from our mission.

Kurt Van Gordon claimed that we had conspired to rob him from the royalties he hoped to earn from a thirty page manuscript that he had written. I am not making this up. Van Gordon had sent a copy of his manuscript to someone at FARMS, and someone in California. He claimed that we--all of us--had conspired to Xerox more copies and circulate them, thereby robbing him of income if and when he published his manuscript.

Even though FARMS had at that time perhaps four printers , Van Gordon claimed that "we" had actually gone to a print shop in Provo to reproduce and then distribute his manuscript. His proof was faked. He was the one who had made copies of his manuscript at that print shop.

Van Gordon at first represented himself at the Discovery in Los Angelos. Then he added a freshly minted evangelical attorney who had no actual experience. This fellow a couple of times actually objected to his client's answers to questions in the Discovery.

The transcript of this Discovery fills an apple box, and it now preserved in the BYU Special Collections. At the end of Discovery Van Gordon was begging to be allowed to drop his lawsuit, when our attorney suddenly said he was going to seek and would get money damages for this nuisance lawsuit.

The second law firm in Los Angeles dealt with those who like me who had not been properly served notice of the lawsuit. Van Gordon actually located a very Christian fellow who worked for the New Zealand Post Office to make sure that I had actually accepted and opened a package he hoped would actually serve me. I horrified my wife by telling her that I had received a package and had opened it. However, I got this fellows name, address, and the Post Office in which he worked. He was an utter fool. I brought all of this to the attention of the New Zealand postal authorities, and this fellow was then fired on the spot.
(final emphasis added)

Whoa! He actually hunted this poor (Christian) guy down in order to get him fired? Just look at the way that Midgley is exulting in this! The Proprietor doesn't have much to say about it, though:
DCP wrote:One of the weirdest experiences of my life.
Celebrating death = not okay, but celebrating getting somebody fired = okay in the Mopologists' book? In any case, Midgley isn't finished yet:
Louis Midgley wrote:I should also report that despite the fact that the day after Hank Hanegraaff immediately took over Walter Martin's operation the day of his funeral, the next day he put all of Martin's papers, correspondence, manuscripts--everything--in a dumpster. The fact is that Jill Martin Rische has done an amazing job of documenting her father's life, and assembling his papers.

It is clear that I was not aware of much of what she assembled when I wrote about his very seriously flawed opinions about the faith of Latter-day Saints. However, I have no interest in now going back and fleshing out how "Dr." Martin got to be what he became.

However, just yesterday I also discovered that one of "Dr." Martin's early friends was responsible for the Reverend Wesley P. Walters becoming a Christian--that is, a Presbyterian. My discovering where the 100 cubic feet of the Reverend Walters papers are located than somehow led me back through the Walter Martin miasma, and to Kurt Van Gordon.

I have, at my age, been asked to give an account of my life three or four times. Those who have or will soon, I suspect, be able to read one of my own account of who and what I am, will notice that I never once mention the squabbles into which I have been drawn. I am simply not defined by President Wilkinson's stupid spy ring, or by Van Gordon's lawsuit or the rubbish I have been told is being assembled by those who are certain that I am a Monster.
"I never once mention the squabbles into which I have been drawn." Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that he "inserted himself" into these "squabbles"?

In any case, it seems clear that Midgley has been something of a "scourge" in New Zealand: misrepresenting Maori views, and treating the indigenous people in a "colonialist" fashion; stalking Gina Colvin; and now this latest tidbit about working to get a postal worker fired. Quite shameful, in my opinion.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
The Stig
Valiant B

Re: Midgley Boasts About Getting a Postal Worker Fired

Post by The Stig »

I wouldn't be surprised to discover that his actual role in all of these events was far below what he represents. If there is one thing that is obvious, in my opinion, it's that his own sense of self-importance is dramatically and hopelessly inflated.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

The Stig wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:58 pm
I wouldn't be surprised to discover that his actual role in all of these events was far below what he represents. If there is one thing that is obvious, in my opinion, it's that his own sense of self-importance is dramatically and hopelessly inflated.
Something seems off. Well, we know how he got President Reagan elected; we're familiar with his storytelling. But in addition to a history of exaggerating, a couple of details stand out. First, I can't say how the government is over in New Zealand, but if it's anything like it is here, getting fired "on the spot" doesn't happen very often. The post office isn't like Nick's garage. He'd first be written up, and even if it were really that bad, perhaps a single incident could be the end of him, but it would have to be reviewed by superiors --- very unlikely it would be "on the spot". Second, Midgely isn't the first guy to call the post office madder than hell and a postal employee be at fault for something. The supervisor wouldn't know anything about this guy and his credibility -- boy, if only he did know. The bar for a customer complaint will even be higher and take more time for review. Third, how does Midgley know the guy got fired? No government official is going to tell an angry customer on the phone what course of disciplinary action they plan to take with an erroring employee. They'd say they're going to review the incident and handle it internally.

On the chance that the supervisor really did tell Midgely that he'd just talked to the guy and sent him packing, he almost certainly would have been lying to get rid of him. He'd have sensed that his customer was all about revenge, and so he gave him what he wanted, knowing that it's international and extraordinarily unlikely to escalate from there.
I have, at my age, been asked to give an account of my life three or four times. Those who have or will soon, I suspect, be able to read one of my own account
I suppose it's possible. But consider this is one of his standard set-ups. This is the same guy who said at the FAIR conference, several people came up to him -- they initiated the conversation -- specifically to complain about Gemli.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

I mean, we already busted Midgley lying his ass off about his military service. He’s basically full of crap because every time he opens his mouth it smells like, uh, crap.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:33 am
The post office isn't like Nick's garage. He'd first be written up, and even if it were really that bad, perhaps a single incident could be the end of him, but it would have to be reviewed by superiors --- very unlikely it would be "on the spot".
What if the story was simply a bullying/revenge fantasy on Dr. Midgley's part? Couldn't a case be made that he has been engaging in both real and imaginary battles for years due to a cantankerous personality*?

* I think Freud best described this as a banana being both a steel sword and a club with obsidian chips.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Moksha wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:44 am
Gadianton wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:33 am
The post office isn't like Nick's garage. He'd first be written up, and even if it were really that bad, perhaps a single incident could be the end of him, but it would have to be reviewed by superiors --- very unlikely it would be "on the spot".
What if the story was simply a bullying/revenge fantasy on Dr. Midgley's part? Couldn't a case be made that he has been engaging in both real and imaginary battles for years due to a cantankerous personality*?

* I think Freud best described this as a banana being both a steel sword and a club with obsidian chips.
:lol: one of your best, penguin king.
dastardly stem
God

Post by dastardly stem »

Lem wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:29 pm
Moksha wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 6:44 am

:lol: one of your best, penguin king.
Agreed. That was hilarious.
“Every one of us is, in the cosmic perspective, precious. If a human disagrees with you, let him live. In a hundred billion galaxies, you will not find another.”
― Carl Sagan, Cosmos
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

And also the Midge:
Louis Midgley noel a day ago

Noel Hausler: You seem to me to have a very narrow slit from which you view the depravity of the rich and famous. The fact is that Donald Trump has married a few but bedded, and boasted about doing it, with far more. And also, of course, paid hush money to some.

But among the rich and famous this seems to be the ordinary way of pleasuring themselves, does it not? You could and should have added the names like Clinton and Kennedy to your list, should you not?

I remember that you were recently gloating over news of a certain tragic problem that Karl Barth had. But if you knew much about Paul Tillich you would know that this "liberal" was married twice. But he was also a notorious womanizer. My wife and I visited a woman in Göttingen, Germany, who had a truly remarkable collection of Tillich's publications, and other memorabilia. Much to the horror of my wife, she describes being bedded by Tillich. This was, she explained, the great moment in her life. And she explained that there were perhaps hundreds of others like her. I would later discover that this was not an exaggeration.

Tillich's second wife was a womanizer. Tillich had no interest in men at all.

I will not mention the names of any of the famous woman who Tillich bedded, other than to mention that his seductive skills were used to, among other things, open doors to political influence among "liberal" politicians in the United States.

And now that I have your full attention: have you now read my essay....

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5273770986
:shock: dear god, Midgley is a pig. A disgusting, sexist, jerk of a pig. He has explained before that without belief in god, there is no ability for a human to understand things like why rape is wrong. ( :shock: :shock: :shock: ) Clearly, he is describing himself. After reading his comments for a number of years, I can only feel for his wife and daughters. One time, Midgley expressed he couldn't wait to see his wife again in the afterlife... so he could thank her for running his household because that meant he could do whatever pleased him and still have a smoothly running home. THAT is what he loved about her. I am not kidding. It was heart-wrenching.

I've known many lds woman trying to make the best of living with narcissistic dicks like this, but even following the Mormon template, it is a loathsome task with few benefits. Most women I know just keep repeating, "god gave the priesthood to men for a reason, all I can do is follow." it is a sick place for lds women to be.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Lem wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:44 pm
And also the Midge:
Louis Midgley noel a day ago

Noel Hausler: You seem to me to have a very narrow slit from which you view the depravity of the rich and famous. The fact is that Donald Trump has married a few but bedded, and boasted about doing it, with far more. And also, of course, paid hush money to some.

But among the rich and famous this seems to be the ordinary way of pleasuring themselves, does it not? You could and should have added the names like Clinton and Kennedy to your list, should you not?

I remember that you were recently gloating over news of a certain tragic problem that Karl Barth had. But if you knew much about Paul Tillich you would know that this "liberal" was married twice. But he was also a notorious womanizer. My wife and I visited a woman in Göttingen, Germany, who had a truly remarkable collection of Tillich's publications, and other memorabilia. Much to the horror of my wife, she describes being bedded by Tillich. This was, she explained, the great moment in her life. And she explained that there were perhaps hundreds of others like her. I would later discover that this was not an exaggeration.

Tillich's second wife was a womanizer. Tillich had no interest in men at all.

I will not mention the names of any of the famous woman who Tillich bedded, other than to mention that his seductive skills were used to, among other things, open doors to political influence among "liberal" politicians in the United States.

And now that I have your full attention: have you now read my essay....

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/danpeters ... 5273770986
:shock: dear god, Midgley is a pig. A disgusting, sexist, jerk of a pig. He has explained before that without belief in god, there is no ability for a human to understand things like why rape is wrong. ( :shock: :shock: :shock: ) Clearly, he is describing himself. After reading his comments for a number of years, I can only feel for his wife and daughters. One time, Midgley expressed he couldn't wait to see his wife again in the afterlife... so he could thank her for running his household because that meant he could do whatever pleased him and still have a smoothly running home. THAT is what he loved about her. I am not kidding. It was heart-wrenching.

I've known many lds woman trying to make the best of living with narcissistic dicks like this, but even following the Mormon template, it is a loathsome task with few benefits. Most women I know just keep repeating, "god gave the priesthood to men for a reason, all I can do is follow." it is a sick place for lds women to be.
Well, lets try and give ole Midge the benefit of the doubt. He loves to gossip about wickedness in others because somehow rubbing them that way gives him a spiritual high and elevates him into celestial glory, or something like that. He strings innuendos along and gets the ole juices flowing and he probably believes that sweet warm feeling in his pants is the Holy Spirit moving him to truth as it testifies wetting his pants for him that what he writes is truly from the Lord. It's why it is his strongest kind of writing. He knows nothing else except all the bad about everyone he has ever studied or met, because......BECAUSE he is sooooooooo righteous, right, and true to his covenants. His holiness is just rolling off of him can't you see it?

I mean every word he types when he is cutting down others is a thread in his celestial garments as his earthly garments are spun into higher, holier threads of love, threads of caring, threads of brotherhood and inclusion of all God's children, except the wicked, which is truly, in his own eyes, everyone who is not him. So, we can conclude based upon evidence that Midgley is doing the holy work of the Lord sharing the bright light of hope and goodness for the world to see, and thus come and partake of the blessings of Mormonism so Midgley can gain his Elohimhood faster than all others, because his righteousness shone far brighter in exposing wickedness in the world, in all of God's children, who are to put it simply, anyone who disagrees with Lou's own theology and knowledge. His is the key. His is the example of which all others, were they actually inspired, would attain to, would desire and thrust their souls in the work of becoming more like Midgley.

His righteous desires of his heart makes sure that he follows the words of his Lord and Savior Jesus, even the Christ, to expose all your enemies, love no one, judge all, bring them to justice which they so richly deserve (it's in the Bible you unholy doubters, no need to ask for chapter and verse, were you well read in the scriptures as Midgley is it would just pop out to your eyes). The only true way to deal with the world is through pure, unadulterated, unmitigated power. Use your power or lose it. Amen to the priesthood of the man who loves and cares! Down with kindness, the world needs harsh judgment, belittling, exposure, wrestling, mockery, hate. Away with the Gospel of care, neighborliness and Mormonism. This is the celestial future Gospel of the Elohim named Lou. (his new name was revealed as being Chuckie, but that is just totally unsatisfying) Don't you see? He has to practice now because the same spirit that inhabits you at death will rise with you in the resurrection, and Lou does not want to be a pansyassed deity! Not this guy!

So.....see? If you would just get your eyes full of the big picture, you would with admiration be able to praise Lou for his tough guy act working his way up to Godhood, so he can CONTROL his universe he will be allowed to create and populate with his eternal companion (that is, in between her doing the laundry, dishes, scrubbing the floors, dusting the shelves, cleaning off the television screen, shoveling the sidewalks, helping him take his shoes and socks off after a hard day of traveling the galaxies, and rubbing his stinking feet, while spoon feeding him his dinner, keeping the house smoothly running while he is traveling around the universe listening to the singing praises of his great name). Lou is simply doing what comes natural, fulfilling his priesthood callings like an obedient and faithful servant. It's so simple once you get rid of your own bias. See the holiness of it. See the Lou-niness of it, and all will be well in Zion.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:55 am
Lem wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:44 pm
And also the Midge:

Well, lets try and give ole Midge the benefit of the doubt. He loves to gossip about wickedness in others because somehow rubbing them that way gives him a spiritual high and elevates him into celestial glory, or something like that. He strings innuendos along and gets the ole juices flowing and he probably believes that sweet warm feeling in his pants is the Holy Spirit moving him to truth as it testifies wetting his pants for him that what he writes is truly from the Lord. It's why it is his strongest kind of writing. He knows nothing else except all the bad about everyone he has ever studied or met, because......BECAUSE he is sooooooooo righteous, right, and true to his covenants. His holiness is just rolling off of him can't you see it?

I mean every word he types when he is cutting down others is a thread in his celestial garments as his earthly garments are spun into higher, holier threads of love, threads of caring, threads of brotherhood and inclusion of all God's children, except the wicked, which is truly, in his own eyes, everyone who is not him. So, we can conclude based upon evidence that Midgley is doing the holy work of the Lord sharing the bright light of hope and goodness for the world to see, and thus come and partake of the blessings of Mormonism so Midgley can gain his Elohimhood faster than all others, because his righteousness shone far brighter in exposing wickedness in the world, in all of God's children, who are to put it simply, anyone who disagrees with Lou's own theology and knowledge. His is the key. His is the example of which all others, were they actually inspired, would attain to, would desire and thrust their souls in the work of becoming more like Midgley.

His righteous desires of his heart makes sure that he follows the words of his Lord and Savior Jesus, even the Christ, to expose all your enemies, love no one, judge all, bring them to justice which they so richly deserve (it's in the Bible you unholy doubters, no need to ask for chapter and verse, were you well read in the scriptures as Midgley is it would just pop out to your eyes). The only true way to deal with the world is through pure, unadulterated, unmitigated power. Use your power or lose it. Amen to the priesthood of the man who loves and cares! Down with kindness, the world needs harsh judgment, belittling, exposure, wrestling, mockery, hate. Away with the Gospel of care, neighborliness and Mormonism. This is the celestial future Gospel of the Elohim named Lou. (his new name was revealed as being Chuckie, but that is just totally unsatisfying) Don't you see? He has to practice now because the same spirit that inhabits you at death will rise with you in the resurrection, and Lou does not want to be a pansyassed deity! Not this guy!

So.....see? If you would just get your eyes full of the big picture, you would with admiration be able to praise Lou for his tough guy act working his way up to Godhood, so he can CONTROL his universe he will be allowed to create and populate with his eternal companion (that is, in between her doing the laundry, dishes, scrubbing the floors, dusting the shelves, cleaning off the television screen, shoveling the sidewalks, helping him take his shoes and socks off after a hard day of traveling the galaxies, and rubbing his stinking feet, while spoon feeding him his dinner, keeping the house smoothly running while he is traveling around the universe listening to the singing praises of his great name). Lou is simply doing what comes natural, fulfilling his priesthood callings like an obedient and faithful servant. It's so simple once you get rid of your own bias. See the holiness of it. See the Lou-niness of it, and all will be well in Zion.
:lol: I knew from your first sentence, something good was coming!