New Book Honoring Midgley

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Tom
Regional Representative

Re: New Book Honoring Midgley

Post by Tom »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:10 pm
Well, I just called the Provo ebornbooks and they’re not carrying any copies. Zero. Zilch.

- Doc
That’s surprising. I also wasn’t aware that Eborn still had physical stores.
“But if you are told by your leader to do a thing, do it. None of your business whether it is right or wrong.” Heber C. Kimball, 8 Nov. 1857
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

I wonder if this festschrift contains any first hand interviews with people who grew up in Midgley’s home ward.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Midgley just posted the exact year, month, day, hour and minute that someone he dislikes registered an account here, or at the "sewer," as he puts it.

I find this pretty funny, because doesn't the Midge-Boy regularly insist he never reads here? But, in orderto know the exact minute someone registered, not only do you have to read it here, but you have to have a registered account to do so!

I think the Midge has been lying a bit. Or probably, a LOT. honesty doesn't seem to be his forté.
malkie
God

Post by malkie »

Lem wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:57 pm
Midgley just posted the exact year, month, day, hour and minute that someone he dislikes registered an account here, or at the "sewer," as he puts it.

I find this pretty funny, because doesn't the Midge-Boy regularly insist he never reads here? But, in orderto know the exact minute someone registered, not only do you have to read it here, but you have to have a registered account to do so!

I think the Midge has been lying a bit. Or probably, a LOT. honesty doesn't seem to be his forté.
I think that he has claimed more than once that he cannot even remember the name of this forum.
You can help Ukraine by talking for an hour a week!! PM me, or check www.enginprogram.org for details.
Слава Україні!, 𝑺𝒍𝒂𝒗𝒂 𝑼𝒌𝒓𝒂𝒊𝒏𝒊!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Lem wrote:

His OCD has kicked in again perhaps... it gets really bad whenever he reads someone else's views (always wrong, of course) on the Maori's, since he knows more about them than they do themselves, even native authors are not immune from the Midget squeaking at them when they incorrectly describe their own culture. The Midget knows all, submit and admit, and live worthily of his praise or pay the price of verbal masterbatory racism and discrimination. And the other topic which one should never argue with the Midget since one will lose, is, of course, literal history in the scriptures. All other methods need not apply, the Midlget has spoken, it is his knowledge which will prevail as it is testimony/truth based with the church's permission, of course. These guys at Sic et Non are soooooo hilarious! Thanks for the heads up Lem.
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Lem wrote:

Midge-Boy!

:lol:

I wonder if Midge likes older men, say 101, 102!

I'll bet he likes them young.

Okay, I'm outa here.

Midge-baby!
drumdude
God

Post by drumdude »

A rather rambunctious post with details of many flavors.

I don't personally know Louis Midgley. I've never met the man, but I wish I had the opportunity. From outward appearances, it seems that Louis is first-and-foremost, a loyal friend, second, a first-rate scholar, and third, a strong defender and apologist. It really rankles me when the detractors try and bait him for their own nefarious reasons.

Which brings me to my next point. I am so, so, so very grateful that I am not one of the denizens of the deep, dark abyss from which these detractors seem to make home and from which they tend to emerge. As Dr. Peterson has pointed out, they seem to enjoy residing in a place that is dank, dark, depressing and downright disingenuous.

One of the things which is absolutely evident in this earth life is the difference between the Prince of Peace and the prince of contention. As easily observable is the difference between the followers of the Prince of Peace and those who follow the prince of contention. Even in the small sampling available from this blog can the appearance of the one contrasting against the other be evident and quite readily discernible.

I sincerely wish that with words of plainness and simplicity I could express to those who make contention their home, so that they could understand that they are not doing themselves any favors, that as much as they're convinced, they are not helping others out, and that they are not leaving an enduring or even noteworthy legacy behind. On the contrary, they are selling their souls for a mess of pottage and a pittance of a portion at that.
It's sad that Dan and The Midge feed on the braindead praise of a handful of Mormon idiots like this guy. Dan and The Midge are objectively harming the world by promoting a cult which destroys lives and finances of a significant percentage of its members. A cult that exists solely to make a handful of rich Mormon families richer. It's a shame these Mormons will never get to understand how the church leaders really see them - as means to an end.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr Moore wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:41 pm
I wonder if this festschrift contains any first hand interviews with people who grew up in Midgley’s home ward.
No need to have a home warder raining on Dr. Midgley's send-off down the river Styx.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Moksha wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:50 am
Dr Moore wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:41 pm
No need to have a home warder raining on Dr. Midgley's send-off down the river Styx.
That is one of the things I so enjoyed about playing Skyrim, that is the impression of what I was raised to believe and believe in which the priesthood was supposed to function like! Use the power for good, for getting rid of evil, for helping others in need. Skyrim's "sword of the spirit" is one of the singular most effective weapons!
It's truly too bad the priesthood in Mormonism doesn't function on actions and powers like in Skyrim. If ever there was priesthood Mormonism wishes it actually had and could use, all the powers in Skyrim would be it, without doubt! Alas, all we receive is words and future promises, and invisible, meaningless "blessings" which translate literally to nothing but hot wind from windbags brainwashing its people. Mormonism's power in the priesthood is on the same scale as the actual existing powers in Skyrim, interesting and fascinating powers and ways to use them, but alas, only stories and games, nothing real.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:57 pm
That is one of the things I so enjoyed about playing Skyrim, that is the impression of what I was raised to believe and believe in which the priesthood was supposed to function like! Use the power for good, for getting rid of evil, for helping others in need.
But you were once man! Aye! And as man, you said, "Let me show you the power of Talos, born of the North, where my breath is long winter. I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this land which is mine. I do this for you, Red Legions, for I love you."
-- Midgley Stormcrow

"I think this old man has been in the sun too long."
-- Inigo the Brave

"Imagine traveling all that way just to rave at the Countess of Anvil. Glad she wasn't in."
-- Vilja, Maid from Solstheim
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace