New Book Honoring Midgley

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Lem
God

Re: New Book Honoring Midgley

Post by Lem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:52 pm
So, I just called them:

254 S. Main Street
Salt Lake City, UT. 84101
801-359-0460

And asked them if a misspelling appears on their website who’s responsible for it, and explained what I’m seeing and the gentleman explained they don’t type anything. All spelling errors you see on their site come from the people submitting the material. They “don’t engage in editorial duties.”

Peterson lies again.

- Doc
Wow. I wish this surprised me, but the evidence just keeps piling up that Peterson will lie about anything.
Doctor Scratch
B.H. Roberts Chair of Mopologetic Studies

Post by Doctor Scratch »

Dr. Cam--check it out:
Daniel Peterson wrote:It's indeed much ado about nothing, CK4L.

And not only won't the Eborn website's errors make it into the book, they didn't make it into the book.

It's already typeset. The hardcover versions are already printed. I have four dozen copies of the book at my house.

But please don't tell any of the folks over at the Peterson/Midgley Obsession Board (P/MOB). We shouldn't deprive them of their malignant little joys. They may have nothing else.
So, the book being sold on the Eborn website *isn't* hardcover--it's a softcover book. Maybe the Mopologists had "four dozen" copies made in hardcover, completely apart from their deal with Eborn, just to pass around to their circle of pals? I.e., printed up by Interpreter's vanity press operation? In any case, someone should order one of the Eborn versions in order to get a copy that has the "Midley" typo.
"If, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
The Stig
Valiant B

Post by The Stig »

How much demand can there actually be for this book? This seems like a kind of vanity project that really should have been kept within a small group of insiders. Advertising its existence like this just opens them up to scrutiny and ridicule. Foot, meet the barrel of my gun.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 pm
Dr. Cam--check it out:

And not only won't the Eborn website's errors make it into the book, they didn't make it into the book.

It's already typeset. The hardcover versions are already printed. I have four dozen copies of the book at my house.
Not that he has to, but if he already has hardcover versions of the book at his house, a simple photo showing the corrected section is all it would take. He's done that before to prove points, why not now to just shut down the situation?

Given that the website says they do no editing but simply post in full what they are given, continuing to blame this on the website doesn't help either.
Shulem
God

Who did it?

Post by Shulem »

So, who is going to take responsibility for the error in the vanity book website advertisement featuring the soft cover soon to be published?

Who did the dirty deed? Who WROTE this:

22. Midley Family Photographs

Did you do it, Dan? Are you the one that submitted the list to the website? Someone did. Was it you? Who did it?
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Then why are you bothering with this issue if it's about nothing? Is that how you spend your time in life, dealing with nothing?

Daniel Peterson wrote:And not only won't the Eborn website's errors make it into the book, they didn't make it into the book.

Well, you claim the error didn't make it into the hard cover version because the typeset for the book is made. But, what if the typeset of the list was changed for the softcover book? What if?

:o

What will you do then?

Daniel Peterson wrote:It's already typeset. The hardcover versions are already printed. I have four dozen copies of the book at my house.

Lem wants to see a photo. How about you provide one for us so that everyone can rest assured the type is right. Then everybody can feel much better. Then, when the softcover book comes out we can check that too.

But still, someone screwed up on the website. Who could that have been?

Hmmm.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 6:52 pm
So, I just called them:

254 S. Main Street
Salt Lake City, UT. 84101
801-359-0460

And asked them if a misspelling appears on their website who’s responsible for it, and explained what I’m seeing and the gentleman explained they don’t type anything. All spelling errors you see on their site come from the people submitting the material. They “don’t engage in editorial duties.”

Peterson lies again.

- Doc
In that case, it was Midgley's fault for temporarily altering his name and changing it back without informing Dr. Peterson. That seems like the most coherent apologetic explanation unless you are in for a totally wacky explanation of a horde of non-Danite anti-Mormons sneaking in at night and altering the spelling. However, the latter explanation would go over at SeN without a question.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Lem wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:01 pm
Doctor Scratch wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:28 pm
Dr. Cam--check it out:
Not that he has to, but if he already has hardcover versions of the book at his house, a simple photo showing the corrected section is all it would take. He's done that before to prove points, why not now to just shut down the situation?

Given that the website says they do no editing but simply post in full what they are given, continuing to blame this on the website doesn't help either.
It looks like Mr. Peterson, who follows this board obsessively, has posted photos corroborating his claim about his copy of the book. I have no idea who transposed the information into the website, but the company said they don’t type anything up. I won’t link to Mr. Peterson’s hate blog, lest anyone here get dirty swimming around in that swamp of vipers.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

We all do realize, don't we, that Peterson always puts out ads about his publishing projects so we can see them and peer review them and check for editing and spelling errors because he own damn team is either too incompetent or lazy to do it right.... :lol: We help him look better than his own team can. Wow, we oughtta get a check or sumthin in thanks. All this hard work with our little joys deserves a reward. :lol:
Shulem
God

Post by Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:12 am
It looks like Mr. Peterson, who follows this board obsessively, has posted photos corroborating his claim about his copy of the book. I have no idea who transposed the information into the website, but the company said they don’t type anything up. I won’t link to Mr. Peterson’s hate blog, lest anyone here get dirty swimming around in that swamp of vipers.

- Doc

No fair!

Why do you gets to swim around the swamp of vipers and look at the pictures and we can't?

Give us the link so we can see too.