How mentalgymnast continues viciously trolling grindael, even after his passing.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
Lem
God

How mentalgymnast continues viciously trolling grindael, even after his passing.

Post by Lem »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:40 pm
I thought recently about the poster who went by ‘grindael’ and the huge amount of time he invested in besmirching the Prophet and the work which he performed to bring about the restoration of the gospel. And others who have done the same, but to little or no avail.
And that's how the disgusting slime named mentalgymnast trolls people.

“F” off, mental. You know nothing about the work grindael did. You spent years trolling him in the most sinful way possible. This last jab at our dear friend, grindael, after his recent passing, is unforgivable. You have cemented your reputation as a truly despicable human being.
mental wrote: It’s time for me to take another extended break from this board. I know we disagree on just about everything having to do with the LDS Church, etc., but nonetheless, thanks for the conversations/discussions and may good health and happiness be your lot in life.
Really? You're going to run away like a coward, after sandwiching your attack on grindael between the beginning and this?

What an asshole you are, mental. What an utterly worthless piece of sh*t you have proven yourself to be. You should be ashamed of yourself.
Last edited by Lem on Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: How mentalgymnast continues viciously trolling grindael, even after his passing.

Post by Res Ipsa »

I'm glad you did this as a separate thread.

If I may offer a virtual hug -- no offense taken if you don't accept. I think we all know how you felt, and still feel, about Grindael. There are certain people I feel a kinship with and even a love for, even though I've never sat across a table from them or even seen their picture. It seems to me that you felt that with Grindael, and did your best to keep MG from turning Grindael's epic threads into train wrecks.

What pains me most is that you've posted about how you've been treated by LDS family. There's a hurt there that I've never experienced, but it's pretty obvious to anyone who pays attention to your posts. Despite that, or maybe because of that, he took a parting shot in a way that he could get at you. That's simply cruel, and reminds us of what lies behind all of his smilies.

I'm sorry you were the object of cruelty. You didn't deserve that.

/virtualhug
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
IHAQ
God

Re: How mentalgymnast continues viciously trolling grindael, even after his passing.

Post by IHAQ »

Lem wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:10 pm
What an utterly worthless piece of sh*t you have proven yourself to be.
Seconded.

As a mark of respect for Grindael I will not engage the troll ever again.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:57 pm
I'm glad you did this as a separate thread.

If I may offer a virtual hug -- no offense taken if you don't accept. I think we all know how you felt, and still feel, about Grindael. There are certain people I feel a kinship with and even a love for, even though I've never sat across a table from them or even seen their picture. It seems to me that you felt that with Grindael, and did your best to keep MG from turning Grindael's epic threads into train wrecks.

What pains me most is that you've posted about how you've been treated by LDS family. There's a hurt there that I've never experienced, but it's pretty obvious to anyone who pays attention to your posts. Despite that, or maybe because of that, he took a parting shot in a way that he could get at you. That's simply cruel, and reminds us of what lies behind all of his smilies.

/virtualhug
Thank you.
...and did your best to keep MG from turning Grindael's epic threads into train wrecks.
Yes, I did my best. I'm only sorry I couldn't do more.
Dr Moore
Endowed Chair of Historical Innovation

Post by Dr Moore »

Yeah, MG sunk to a new low with this one. I'm glad you made a separate thread about it. No place for such things. It says so much about MG's integrity and motivation, speaking so contemptuously of a recently deceased human with his own unique journey and lived experience. A good reminder why I put MG on ignore and rarely, if ever, read anything he writes anymore.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

IHAQ wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:01 pm
Lem wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:10 pm
What an utterly worthless piece of sh*t you have proven yourself to be.
Seconded.

As a mark of respect for Grindael I will not engage the troll ever again.
Thanks, IHAQ, I appreciate that very much. I know johnny would too.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:40 pm
I thought recently about the poster who went by ‘grindael’ and the huge amount of time he invested in besmirching the Prophet and the work which he performed to bring about the restoration of the gospel. And others who have done the same, but to little or no avail.
How many years have YOU invested in trying to defend the church and it's prophet to no avail?

Oh wait. You're not a defender.

Kiss our collective asses inane troll.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
mentalgymnast
1st Counselor

Post by mentalgymnast »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Despite that, or maybe because of that, he took a parting shot in a way that he could get at you. That's simply cruel, and reminds us of what lies behind all of his smilies.

One more ‘pop in’. I’ve been out all day and didn’t realize that I’d caused this much commotion. This was unintentional.You probably don’t believe that, but nevertheless, I didn’t mean for my post on the other thread to cause so much grief/hurt. I had been thinking of this individual in question recently, and without thinking about the hurt it might cause for some, used him as an example representing the critics that have spent a lot of time besmirching Joseph Smith.

It is frustrating in the extreme to see a prophet of God (my opinion) harassed and hounded continuously. So yes, I see the individual in question as having been a devout critic of Joseph. And with the anniversary of the restoration coming up, I’ve been thinking more about him.

I went back and deleted reference to his name so that it doesn’t remain. I am sorry that mentioning a particular name was so disconcerting for those here. I would imagine that there is a degree of ‘protecting one’s own’ that goes into it. I could have done better by not bringing a particular name or person into it.

Sorry.

OK. Now I’m gone for an extended break.

Best wishes,
MG
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:47 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Despite that, or maybe because of that, he took a parting shot in a way that he could get at you. That's simply cruel, and reminds us of what lies behind all of his smilies.

One more ‘pop in’. I’ve been out all day and didn’t realize that I’d caused this much commotion. This was unintentional.You probably don’t believe that, but nevertheless, I didn’t mean for my post on the other thread to cause so much grief/hurt. I had been thinking of this individual in question recently, and without thinking about the hurt it might cause for some, used him as an example representing the critics that have spent a lot of time besmirching Joseph Smith.

It is frustrating in the extreme to see a prophet of God (my opinion) harassed and hounded continuously. So yes, I see the individual in question as having been a devout critic of Joseph. And with the anniversary of the restoration coming up, I’ve been thinking more about him.

I went back and deleted reference to his name so that it doesn’t remain. I am sorry that mentioning a particular name was so disconcerting for those here. I would imagine that there is a degree of ‘protecting one’s own’ that goes into it. I could have done better by not bringing a particular name or person into it.

Sorry.

OK. Now I’m gone for an extended break.

Best wishes,
MG
Non apology not accepted.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:47 pm
[More trolling]
Troll elsewhere, troll.