ode to laundry, little ones, and MsJack: From ''When anonymous prophecies fail''

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Physics Guy
God

Re: When anonymous prophecies fail

Post by Physics Guy »

I think we should hold the line on this one. Lyra will grow up and be able to fold laundry soon enough. Trust the plan.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

IHAQ wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:14 am
"Stop The Fold" is now trending on Twitter
...Lyra will grow up and be able to fold laundry soon enough. Trust the plan.
I have to agree, the plan occasionally falls together. I didn't think my sons would ever learn to fold anything much less make a bed, but I kept trying. For YEARS. Decades, even. Both sons were recently home for various stretches of this covid nightmare, and I found hospital corners (!) on BOTH their beds. I expressed delighted surprise to one, and he seriously said, I kid you not, "Mom why are you so surprised? Don't you remember teaching me how to do that?" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
(Besides, we can ask Jersey, but I do believe 'taking delight in unfolding folded laundry' is one of those developmental stages she discusses sometimes. :D )
MsJack
Deacon

Post by MsJack »

Chap wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:10 am
Dear MsJack,

MsLyra has retained our firm as her public relations consultancy and agent for her business activities as an internet influencer.

She wishes us to point out that her intention was to assist you in folding the laundry, and that your remarks about her having 'ruined the laundry' are seriously defamatory and may already have been of grave financial prejudice to her. If her activities were less helpful than she intended, that can only have been due to you failing to provide her with the appropriate training in laundry folding techniques prior to placing her in the situation in which she found herself.

Our client demands, as a minimum, that you should issue a full retraction of your defamatory remarks, and undertake that in future you will make no more statements relating to her performance as a baby without clearing them with us, as her agents. Otherwise she will be forced to pursue the legal remedies available to her.

Yours,

(for and behalf of) Sue, Grabbit and Runn, attorneys at law.
Chap, this is so damn cute I'm printing it out and putting it in her baby book. Thanks for the laughs. I read it out loud to my husband and he also loved it.

You're all the best. MsLyra thanks you all for your advocacy and sends her regards.
Last edited by MsJack on Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BA, Classics, Brigham Young University
MA, American Religious History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD Student, Church History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MsJack wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:45 pm
Here's Ms. Lyra being coy tonight, having ruined the laundry I was folding. I was sorting out the stuff that's too small for her:

How dare you. :o

How dare you shift blame to your child for playing the game that you yourself started! What kind of Mama trickery are you about? You are the one that took the clothes out of the dryer all flopped out. You are the one who had the audacity to fold them. You are the one who has a child smart enough to put them back the way they started just as you presented them to her.

I suppose that in, oh, a year and a half from now when she puts her new big girl panties on her head, you'll try to fool her into thinking they are not a hat. :shock:

Adults. Pfffft! :roll:
v
v
v
v
v
v
Age 3 or just before, is folding laundry time. It supports fine motor development, mathematical thinking, the development of scientific concepts, color identification, contributes to a sense of belonging and self esteem, and lends itself to the increase in ordered thinking you will see emerge at that time. Start with wash cloths and dish towels and don't forget to let her sort the silverware (identifying attributes) and prepare table settings (creating mathematical groups, one:one correspondence). ;)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
MsJack
Deacon

Post by MsJack »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:57 pm
MsJack wrote:
Here's Ms. Lyra being coy tonight, having ruined the laundry I was folding. I was sorting out the stuff that's too small for her:

How dare you shift blame to your child for playing the game that you yourself started! What kind of Mama trickery are you about? You are the one that took the clothes out of the dryer all flopped out. You are the one who had the audacity to fold them. You are the one who has a child smart enough to put them back the way they started just as you presented them to her.

I suppose that in, oh, a year and a half from now when she puts her new big girl panties on her head, you'll try to fool her into thinking they are not a hat. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
BA, Classics, Brigham Young University
MA, American Religious History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
PhD Student, Church History, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

MsJack wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:43 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey I call it like I see it, Mama. :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Re: From ''When anonymous prophecies fail''

Post by Gunnar »

The only thing I immediately could think of saying in this thread is "what an adorable little girl, and how fun it was reading the comments!" It brings back fond memories of my children when they were that age.
Last edited by Gunnar on Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Jersey Girl wrote:
MsJack wrote:

v
v
v
v
v
v
Age 3 or just before, is folding laundry time. It supports fine motor development, mathematical thinking, the development of scientific concepts, color identification, contributes to a sense of belonging and self esteem, and lends itself to the increase in ordered thinking you will see emerge at that time. Start with wash cloths and dish towels and don't forget to let her sort the silverware (identifying attributes) and prepare table settings (creating mathematical groups, one:one correspondence). ;)
Such fitting comments from someone with your background of love for and dedication to teaching and nurturing children! :)

You brought to mind how my little Down's syndrome daughter enjoyed helping her mommy with the laundry by folding wash cloths and towels.
Last edited by Gunnar on Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Chap wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:10 am
MsJack wrote:
Dear MsJack,

MsLyra has retained our firm as her public relations consultancy and agent for her business activities as an internet influencer.

She wishes us to point out that her intention was to assist you in folding the laundry, and that your remarks about her having 'ruined the laundry' are seriously defamatory and may already have been of grave financial prejudice to her. If her activities were less helpful than she intended, that can only have been due to you failing to provide her with the appropriate training in laundry folding techniques prior to placing her in the situation in which she found herself.

Our client demands, as a minimum, that you should issue a full retraction of your defamatory remarks, and undertake that in future you will make no more statements relating to her performance as a baby without clearing them with us, as her agents. Otherwise she will be forced to pursue the legal remedies available to her.

Yours,

(for and behalf of) Sue, Grabbit and Runn, attorneys at law.
:lol: :lol: excellent! Are you, by any chance, an actual attorney or otherwise associated with a law firm or legal matters?
Chap
God

Re: From ''When anonymous prophecies fail''

Post by Chap »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:30 am
Are you, by any chance, an actual attorney or otherwise associated with a law firm or legal matters?
I am not a professional legal practitioner, but my quite varied life has at times led me to have to pay close attention to legal and legal-related documents (but they never got a jury to convict, heh!). Plus I do seem to have a penchant for parody.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.