Friday Election Updates

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Friday Election Updates

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:32 am
Even when the votes are counted there will be recounts, court challenges, and possible Trump supporter uprisings.
It really depends, my feathered friend. Recounts, yes. Georgia has already said so. And Trump has a right to one in Wisconsin. And the court challenges will continue.

But any uprisings really depend on Trump right-wing media. We’ll see.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Right now when I think about Trump, I am reminded of that scene where Godzilla destroys Tokyo. Trump however lacks the ethos and restraint of Godzilla.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:21 am
Right now when I think about Trump, I am reminded of that scene where Godzilla destroys Tokyo. Trump however lacks the ethos and restraint of Godzilla.
True, but he shares Godzilla’s inability to drink a glass of water with one hand.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

We should all be grateful that things have been, on the whole, very calm. That is not to say that law enforcement should not be vigilant.
Daily Beast wrote:One of the armed men arrested while traveling to Philadelphia’s vote-counting center is a QAnon obsessive who posted violent, anti-Semitic comics online. The other is a President Trump super-fan who urged social media users to poll watch and suggested the 2020 election was being stolen from the president.

QAnon conspiracy theorist Antonio Lamotta, 61, was arrested Thursday with 42-year-old Joshua Macias, the co-founder of “Vets for Trump,” on federal firearms charges after authorities reportedly received a tip that a group was headed from Virginia to the Pennsylvania Convention Center, the site of the city’s ballot count, to “straighten things out.”

The pair drove from Virginia with pistols, an AR-15 rifle, and roughly 160 rounds of ammunition, according to Philadelphia police. They lacked valid Pennsylvania firearms permits to carry, and were charged with carrying a concealed firearm without a license, a third-degree felony, and carrying a firearm on public streets or public property, the District Attorney’s office said Friday. Both men, who are from Chesapeake, Virginia, were accompanied by a woman who was not charged with any crime.
The pair drove from Virginia with pistols, an AR-15 rifle, and roughly 160 rounds of ammunition. I know Philadelphia is a tough town, but that seems a little excessive for self-defense.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:39 am
The pair drove from Virginia with pistols, an AR-15 rifle, and roughly 160 rounds of ammunition. I know Philadelphia is a tough town, but that seems a little excessive for self-defense.
They were QAnon Trumpers who were reported as going to the balloting center to halt the counting through violence.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Does anyone think this thing will be called tomorrow or is it more likely to be Sunday, Monday, or even longer? Don't give me the math. Just give me an answer if you've got one.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:35 am
Moksha wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:21 am
True, but he shares Godzilla’s inability to drink a glass of water with one hand.
He's also got that huge gut leading him wherever he goes.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Moksha wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 4:48 am
They were QAnon Trumpers who were reported as going to the balloting center to halt the counting through violence.
Yeah... Trump supporters are stupid.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

I just read this comment on the YouTube thread of a recent Lincoln Project video:
The only way Trump gets to 270 is by losing 30 lbs.
Awesome.