Keene: Upgraded stuff I don't like

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Angus McAwesome
_Emeritus

Re: Keene: Upgraded stuff I don't like

Post by _Angus McAwesome »

It's like some sort of really wacked out acid fueled stream-of-consciousness jag, Jersey...
I was afraid of the dark when I was young. "Don't be afraid, my son," my mother would always say. "The child-eating night goblins can smell fear." Bitch... - Kreepy Kat
_SUAS
_Emeritus

Post by _SUAS »

I meant my previous screen names that I have posted under here...will someone please clarify..I think one of my screen names was Smart Bitch..Yes it was..And maybe I am tree sap but I do have a really really fast computer at my fingertips..my own which I paid for with my own money..cause I do have a Career....Again Jersey Girl is just jealous that she can't keep up with me the Smart Bitch,,,and coffecat was one of my screen names also..but you all always objected about what I can and should post..So..“F” off and Smell the roses...
God has left the building and is staying at Motel 8
_keene
_Emeritus

Post by _keene »

Jersey Girl wrote:There's just a couple of things I'm not liking about the board now. Perhaps you can address them here as to whether or not they're changeable at some point in the future.

1. Chat. I cannot log into chat. More than one poster has told me that when they saw me attempting to log in, a message stated that I had an "invalid IP Address". What the hell does that mean?

What browser are you using? When you visit the site, do you put the "www" in there?

2. The turquoise bars that separate the forums. Wigs out my eyes.

Several different designs are on their way. You will be able to pick them from your profile screen. You can also use greasemonkey or adblock plus to block the background image of the turquoise bar, thus turning it white, or to any color you want.

3. The blogs that were once pleasant to view are now ugly. I was going to start blogging however, I cannot see fit to have my personal profundities wrapped in a mundane and fugly package.

There are two designs you can choose from. The second design is fully customizable through CSS. There will be others on the way.

Jersey Girl wrote:List of concerns based on posts I've read where others have expressed concern and which raised questions in my mind.

Blogs:

1. Can moderators/admin read blogs that are set to private or restricted to a specific set of "friends"?

As an admin, I can see all blog posts, regardless of permissions. Moderators can not.

2. Do moderators/admin read blogs that are set to private or restricted to a specific set of "friends"?

I can hardly be buggered to read my own PM's. So, no.

3. Have they ever done the above and what would be the purpose of that?

If someone was posting inflammatory or illegal information, it may be necessary for me to read/edit/delete any such posts. I don't really see anything like this happening though, so, no.

PM's:

4. Can moderators/admin read PM's?

No.

5. Do moderator's/admin read our PM's?

No.

6. Have moderators ever read our PM's and what would be the purpose of that?

No.
TRUE POST COUNT = (current count) - 10,000 + 469
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Keene,

Thanks for the clarification. Regarding the Chat "Invalid IP Address" thing, you asked:

What browser are you using? When you visit the site, do you put the "www" in there?

No. I don't put the "www" in there.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb