Is This a Good Time to Buy Stock?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_just me
_Emeritus

Re: Is This a Good Time to Buy Stock?

Post by _just me »

Well, the market has recovered from last nights drop. I think I will stick with my current rate of investing.
~Those who benefit from the status quo always attribute inequities to the choices of the underdog.~Ann Crittenden
~The Goddess is not separate from the world-She is the world and all things in it.~
_Doctor Steuss
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Steuss »

If you hold any stocks or ETFs in renewables or clean energy, do yourself a favor and just resist the temptation to take a look.

Ouch. :eek:
"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." ~Charles Bukowski
_The CCC
_Emeritus

Post by _The CCC »

A broad based Mutual Fund, or established Blue Chip indexed fund should work well if you're in it for the long haul. Assuming we don't get into a trade war or a real hot war sooner or later.
_Maxine Waters
_Emeritus

Post by _Maxine Waters »

just me wrote:Well, the market has recovered from last nights drop. I think I will stick with my current rate of investing.

Breaking! The Dow Jones Industrial Average Is 2 Points Away From Record High!

http://redstatewatcher.com/article.asp?id=48305

It looks like it's doing better than that.
“There were mothers who took this [Rodney King LA riots] as an opportunity to take some milk, to take some bread, to take some shoes ... They are not crooks.”

This liberal would be about socializing . . . uh, umm. . . . Would be about, basically, taking over, and the government running all of your companies.
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

All the risk is priced in right now, so it's neither good nor bad. Save for retirement as always.

A trade war would stoke a recession, but we don't know yet if that's coming and stocks are currently priced with that possibility in mind.