An evening with Kevin Graham

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Re: An evening with Kevin Graham

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Brackite wrote:Dear Dr. Shades,

When are you going to take me out for dessert??

Not only did he buy me dessert, but he gave me a ring.

Not kidding.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Was it a CTR ring?
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Kevin Graham wrote:
Brackite wrote:Dear Dr. Shades,

When are you going to take me out for dessert??

Not only did he buy me dessert, but he gave me a ring.

Not kidding.

So after all these years, you guys finally made it official?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

It was a ctr ring with the initials leg. I got a kick out if it and so did my wife.

Eta: kWg were the initials
Last edited by YahooSeeker [Bot] on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Kevin Graham wrote:In all seriousness, it was good to spend time with you shades, and I hope we can do it again sometime.

Likewise! I know we could've talked quite a bit longer about some of your other adventures we couldn't get to this time.

DoctorCamNC4Me wrote:To both your credit you're aging well. Got any protips for us?

Hmm. I'm 48, but routinely get told that I look substantially younger. My protip is that I never had kids.

Jesse Pinkman wrote:If either of you end up in North Carolina, please let me know.

Done deal.

Brackite wrote:When are you going to take me out for dessert??

When you come to Utah, of course!

Kevin Graham wrote:It was a ctr ring with the initials leg.

Did your phone's autocorrect feature betray you? 'Cause I remember the initials being quite a bit different.

I got a kick out if it and so did my wife

Awesome! I'm glad the two of you had never seen one with that particular lettering scheme.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

My autocorrect is my worst enema.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

An evening with Kevin Graham? I thought this would be at the local performing arts center. An evening with Kevin Graham would be a thoughtful Q & A on the state of the American Political System. At the intermission, wine and cheese pairings would be the counterpoint to spirited discussions on the morality of sending your children to the same school as Sean Hannity's children.

At the end of the show, a basket would be passed around. Proceeds would go the Dr. Shades' home for wayward Japanese Pop Stars.

Seriously, it's great to see a picture of both of you!
"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
_Droopy
_Emeritus

Post by _Droopy »

Dr. Shades wrote:Dear jealous participants,

Kevin Graham came to my neck of the woods for a family event, and fortunately for me he had some time to spare. So it was my privilege to pick him up, drive around a bit, and finally buy him dessert. (Lest you think I'm too cheap, I would've definitely treated him to more, but we were both still full from Thanksgiving!)

Fighting the Black Friday traffic was bad enough, but finding parking was even worse. We ended up having to walk a respectable distance to our chosen venue and back. But once there, the conversation was both fun and enlightening. Remember, I've known this guy online for about 18 years now. If you're a Mopologist reading this, then the chance that your name came up at least once hovers just under 100%.

Here's a photo of us taken as I dropped him off at the place he was staying. I'm the ugly one. He's actually noticeably taller than this photo depicts, 'cause he had to bend his knees in order to fit into the frame with me. And I'm of average height!

So, all you envious people, enjoy:

A night out with Kevin Graham? I'd rather be the guest of honor at the firebombing of Dresden.
Nothing is going to startle us more when we pass through the veil to the other side than to realize how well we know our Father [in Heaven] and how familiar his face is to us

- President Ezra Taft Benson

I am so old that I can remember when most of the people promoting race hate were white.

- Thomas Sowell
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Dr. Shades wrote:Here's a photo of us taken as I dropped him off at the place he was staying. I'm the ugly one.

I thought you were a beautiful Japanese girl. Oh well.
_MeDotOrg
_Emeritus

Post by _MeDotOrg »

So when casting the Mormon Discussions' version of Star Trek...

Image[/quote]

"The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization."
- Will Durant
"We've kept more promises than we've even made"
- Donald Trump
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land