Oh my god. - Tiger

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Re: Oh my god. - Tiger

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Quit pooh poohing this. It's an amazing story and great for golf. Tiger was an incredible champion in the past and given his well-documented back problems, this win makes one helluva story.

I feel bad for Finau, though. He was so close. Hopefully he can regroup and get into the winner's circle.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Subgenius,

The guy is 43-years-old and won a Major. After multiple surgeries that affects one's mechanics. I'm not sure how one diminishes that kind of journey, but here we are.

The guy I feel bad for is Molinari. Dropping his shots into the water must've been devastating. I don't know how he maintained his composure because the tourney was his to win. Crazy.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Kevin Graham wrote:
Besides, golf is hardly a manly sport. And you've made it perfectly clear you're the manliest man on the forum.

This may be one of the most immature and an attempt at an outdated “high school bullying” comment I’ve ever seen here. KG, have never seen a more insecure comment on this board. It’s pathetic! But then I've got a company to run and don’t spend my life here. Still, you have issues.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Bach wrote:
Kevin Graham wrote:
Besides, golf is hardly a manly sport. And you've made it perfectly clear you're the manliest man on the forum.

This may be one of the most immature and an attempt at an outdated “high school bullying” comment I’ve ever seen here. KG, have never seen a more insecure comment on this board. It’s pathetic! But then I've got a company to run and don’t spend my life here. Still, you have issues.

Go away small fry and learn some context. I'm trolling Doc over his previous remarks about being more of a man.

But yes, I think golf is a pretty lame sport.
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
eta: One should note that Kevin Graham's racism has manifested again. He just can't stand that a Black man won the Masters. It strikes at his core that a Black man has overcome personal difficulties to win a Major again. His racism is sick and disgusting. Sad. :(

- Doc

Well I know ajax is pulling his hair out right now, because Tiger only screws blonde haired blue eyed white women.
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Subgenius,

The guy is 43-years-old and won a Major. After multiple surgeries that affects one's mechanics. I'm not sure how one diminishes that kind of journey, but here we are.

The guy I feel bad for is Molinari. Dropping his shots into the water must've been devastating. I don't know how he maintained his composure because the tourney was his to win. Crazy.

- Doc

Brooks Koepka is who blew it in my book, with the DB at 12...if he makes a few putts, Tiger would have had to pitch for a one putt on 18, and who knows what would happen then.

The common denominator in watching post tourney interview...i.e. Dustin Johnson, Molinari, and Koepka... is that they all commented on the "Tiger Roar" from the crowd.

Whats crazy is Tiger is now odds on favorite to win the PGA next month...

My money is on Dustin Johnson, he didn't play that well in the Masters, and yet still finished 1 stoke back tied for second.

I am with you that from a sport perspective, the guy is amazing. I was listening to a interview on the Dan Patrick show this morning with Nick Faldo, and two years ago tiger told Nick he doubted he would ever play again. Tiger while captain for the Ryder cup couldn't even get out of a golf cart on his own. Now he is winning the masters.

Is he a crappy husband, father, person? Maybe, but he is fun to watch. I play fantasy golf and didn't pick him in any of my matches, I have to re-think my line ups for the PGA.
Last edited by Guest on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Bach wrote:But then I've got a company to run and don’t spend my life here. Still, you have issues.

As you’re the ‘author’ of more than half of the 50 threads listed on page 1 of the Spirit Prison forum, it would appear that the only company you have is your keyboard, and a box of tissues.
_Bach
_Emeritus

Post by _Bach »

Kevin Graham wrote:
Go away small fry and learn some context. I'm trolling Doc over his previous remarks about being more of a man.

But yes, I think golf is a pretty lame sport.

Son, you have some serious mental issues. Matters not who you are trolling. You seem to be be judgement proof on this board. But you also seem to hate life and anything or anyone who do love life. Golf is a great part of father-son life. I can only suspect perhaps not “manly enough” within a father/son relationship of your life. But why spend all your anger here trying to destroy all that the rest of mature males want to remember and/or honor the great years with our fathers or sons.

GET HELP SON!
_Black Moclips
_Emeritus

Post by _Black Moclips »

Being a golfer (not a good one) the level these guys play at amazes me. The slightest things jack up my swing. I can't imagine the mental ups and downs Tiger has had to go through to be the best, then crash HARD for years, and then come back. I was really misty eyed last year at the tour championship when the crowds followed him up to 18 on his big win. Regardless of the mistakes he made in his life until now, it is just good to see someone fight hard like that and succeed.
“A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.”
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Black Moclips wrote:Being a golfer (not a good one) the level these guys play at amazes me. The slightest things jack up my swing. I can't imagine the mental ups and downs Tiger has had to go through to be the best, then crash HARD for years, and then come back. I was really misty eyed last year at the tour championship when the crowds followed him up to 18 on his big win. Regardless of the mistakes he made in his life until now, it is just good to see someone fight hard like that and succeed.

TW's odds to win this tourney was 50-to-1. THAT is how everyone assessed his ability to even be competitive, and I agree it's good to see someone fight through massive adversity and come out victorious.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.