Trump has corrupted the Government

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Trump has corrupted the Government

Post by _moksha »

Many people have noticed that Trump has corrupted the Federal govt with a lawless band of toadies and that his crime wave continues unabated. Those who fail to realize the amoral nature of Trump's corrupting influence are in a state of denial for a variety of reasons.

So what do we do? Republican politicians as a group will be of no help in finding a remedy.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: Trump has corrupted the Government

Post by _Some Schmo »

It feels like something is building. The pressure on Pelosi to impeach these days is at an all time high. I think public perception of the way she's handling things is turning rapidly.

The guy just admitted, sitting behind the President desk, on camera, that he's up for federal crimes; that the head of the FBI is wrong. What the “F” else does she need?
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Perfume on my Mind wrote:The guy just admitted, sitting behind the President desk, on camera, that he's up for federal crimes; that the head of the FBI is wrong. What the ____ else does she need?

Trump's new statement that he would accept espionage information from any and all foreign governments to aid in his reelection campaign might give her some reason to act.

Years ago political handlers and backers would have been very concerned when the public witnessed the candidate killing and eating a rat with his bare hands. Today those same handlers and backers view the actions as "Trump just being Trump".
_Black Moclips
_Emeritus

Post by _Black Moclips »

LOL, this is funny. The "government" needed no help from Trump to be corrupt. It was corrupt before him, and will still be corrupt after him. That you think the corruption is isolated to the Republican side just shows how biased you really are. Look to the Democrats to clean things up? That's hilarious.
“A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.”
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Post by _canpakes »

Black Moclips wrote:LOL, this is funny. The "government" needed no help from Trump to be corrupt. It was corrupt before him, and will still be corrupt after him. That you think the corruption is isolated to the Republican side just shows how biased you really are. Look to the Democrats to clean things up? That's hilarious.

Oh, look. Another example of the defense that because dirty cops exist, we should ignore the robber breaking into that house over there.

How unexpected.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Post by _Some Schmo »

Black Moclips wrote:LOL, this is funny. The "government" needed no help from Trump to be corrupt. It was corrupt before him, and will still be corrupt after him. That you think the corruption is isolated to the Republican side just shows how biased you really are. Look to the Democrats to clean things up? That's hilarious.

Right, Moclips. Trump represents just your average, run-of-the-mill corruption we've seen in government since the beginning of time.

Is that your story here? I'm just seeing how much of your credibility you want to spend on this.

Man, it's hard to see anyone minimizing what's happening without thinking they are suffering some kind of brain damage or a complete partisan asshole.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Perfume on my Mind wrote:Trump represents just your average, run-of-the-mill corruption we've seen in government since the beginning of time.

Is that your story here?

Perfume on my Mind, is right. Trump represents the megalosaurus of corrupt politics.
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

I have seen and heard speculation that if defeated in 2020's general election, Trump might, in order to prevent indictment and imprisonment for crimes he committed before his election, resign during the last month of his presidency, so that Pence will become interim President just long enough to pardon Trump for his crimes, before the newly elected president takes over. I wouldn't put it past him to do just that.
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Black Moclips
_Emeritus

Post by _Black Moclips »

canpakes wrote:

Oh, look. Another example of the defense that because dirty cops exist, we should ignore the robber breaking into that house over there.

How unexpected.

I didn't say we should ignore anything. I laughed at the proposition that its Trump who corrupted the government and the implication its the democrats that can save it. Both republicans and democrats have a long history of dirty politics and corruption. Apparently the hate for Trump has clouded your mind. Our politicians care about money and power and you and me and this country are a distant last place. That is why both sides continually put politics and their personal agendas ahead of everything and everyone else. Personally, I'm not ok with any of it.
“A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.”
_Black Moclips
_Emeritus

Post by _Black Moclips »

Perfume on my Mind wrote:

Right, Moclips. Trump represents just your average, run-of-the-mill corruption we've seen in government since the beginning of time.

Is that your story here? I'm just seeing how much of your credibility you want to spend on this.

Man, it's hard to see anyone minimizing what's happening without thinking they are suffering some kind of brain damage or a complete partisan asshole.

Read my post again. I didn't minimize anything. I just think its laughable to think Trump is the source of government corruption. Go watch the 10 part series on the Vietnam war, and the politics of what happened behind the scenes. Knowingly throwing away countless lives, knowing we could't win, just to keep poll number up for the election? As far as I know, Trump doesn't have the blood of hundreds of thousands of dead Americans on his hands. Nothing he has done comes close to what has happened in the past. Hate and despise him all you want, but the problem is the government itself and what its become - ruled by a tiny elite of rich power players and their billion dollar friends. That is on both sides. Trump didn't start that. He is just participating in it.