Problems with the board

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Re: Problems with the board

Post by _Lemmie »

If the current offer on the table is accepted and the person who has made the offer becomes the owner of the board,
Is this what was discussed previously? If not, may I ask who is this person and what is the offer?
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Lemmie wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:38 pm

If the current offer on the table is accepted and the person who has made the offer becomes the owner of the board,
Is this what was discussed previously? If not, may I ask who is this person and what is the offer?
Doesn't matter at this point since the owner isn't responding. I think if nothing is resolved within the next couple of weeks, someone is probably going to need to start a new forum from scratch with another domain name.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

I'm wondering if there's another way to present the offer. I don't know how it was made to begin with--text, email, etc. I don't need to know that. Maybe there's a better way to do it...phone call, drop over, or certified letter?

Just making suggestions thinking it might move the needle.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Lemmie wrote:

Shades has made public that Keene Maverick owns the board. If you bring up "the Team" you'll see his name still appears there probably in red. He posted here at the beginning and then, nothing.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Maybe he died... O.O

- Doc
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Icarus wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:42 pm
Lemmie wrote:

Doesn't matter at this point since the owner isn't responding....
Obviously the owner isn’t responding but I am still interested. Is someone willing to share this? If not then stop alluding to it, please. Many are involved with this board, this clandestine “the person who offered” and “the offer that was made” is silly. I would be willing to provide financial support also, but not to a behind-the-scenes, only-those-in-the-know secret plan where the only information given is “trust us, it’s for the best.” We’re not twelve anymore, right guys?
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Well damn. If I say, I'm a rule breaking heathen. If I don't say, I'm a twelve year old.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

Making public that which is posted via the chat room (r.i.p.) or private message is what's against the rules. It's okay to post information that you got via e-mail--like from Daniel C. Peterson--since that's off-board.

. . . just as long as it isn't personal information like a social security number or an address, of course. So Icarus did nothing wrong.

AND TO CLARIFY:

Keene Maverick and "Mav" are two different people. The latter is the nickname of the board's legal owner; the former is the guy whom the latter entrusted with solving the board's technical issues whenever they arose. Unfortunately, due to various reasons, Keene hasn't been able to fulfill that role for quite some time, and although he's not dead--I talked to him on the phone a number of months ago--he's still unable. Therefore, for board purposes, Keene no longer plays any part.

It's entirely up to Mav to relinquish the domain name and allow us to replicate everything in the database on a new server. The reason I haven't bothered to detail any of the e-mail-based discussions regarding salvaging/saving the board is because A) nothing is set-in-stone yet, B) I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, and C) I don't know how much the others wish to disclose regarding either their identities or their involvement.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

Thanks for clarifying, Shades.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:17 am
Making public that which is posted via the chat room (r.i.p.) or private message is what's against the rules. It's okay to post information that you got via e-mail--like from Daniel C. Peterson--since that's off-board.

. . . just as long as it isn't personal information like a social security number or an address, of course. So Icarus did nothing wrong.
Well damn. I just got a tongue lashing from Jersey Girl for nothing?