Problems with the board

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Temp. Admin.
_Emeritus

Re: Problems with the board

Post by _Temp. Admin. »

(Dr. Shades here, posting under our "Temp. Admin." account.)
Icarus wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:28 pm
Virtually half of all the threads I start are derailed by the third page, usually thanks to ajax or subs. Nothing is ever done about it.
Your grievance is noted, and legitimate. One of my excuses is that the times when I did do something about it--typically in reaction to a blatant derailment by a certain Hungarian friend of ours--everyone screamed bloody murder. So it became too tiresome to enforce most of the time.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:41 pm
Icarus wrote:
Virtually half of all the threads I start are derailed by the third page, usually thanks to ajax or subs. Nothing is ever done about it.
Your grievance is noted, and legitimate. One of my excuses is that the times when I did do something about it--typically in reaction to a blatant derailment by a certain Hungarian friend of ours--everyone screamed bloody murder. So it became too tiresome to enforce most of the time.
Well in a perfect world, the author of the OP would have administrator rights to his or her own thread so you wouldn't have to be doing this.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Icarus wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:39 pm
Lemmie wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:37 pm

Are you daft, you idiot??????

Edit your post you moron. And next time you want to complain about doxxing, don't refer people to a thread where they see photos of YOURSELF that YOU posted.

Damn you're an idiot.

:lol: :lol:

This is information HE HIMSELF SHARED on THIS FORUM.

Maybe know your facts before making an ass of yourself?
I didn't see those facts. And you didn't specify he had disclosed that himself, so given your lack of credibility, i would err on the side of removing in real life details.

And once again, another reason not to be a part of any discussion group you own. Your word is worthless.
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Lemmie wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:46 pm
I didn't see those facts.
Apology accepted.

Lemmie wrote:
And you didn't specify he had disclosed that himself, so given your lack of credibility, i would err on the side of removing in real life details.
Uh, I said, and I quote:

"All I know of the guy is what he's shared here."

If that isn't specifying he disclosed it here, then what the fuq is?
Lemmie wrote:
And once again, another reason not to be a part of any discussion group you own. Your word is worthless.
My word? :lol:

When did I give my word, and what did I give it about?
Last edited by Guest on Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"One of the hardest things for me to accept is the fact that Kevin Graham has blonde hair, blue eyes and an English last name. This ugly truth blows any arguments one might have for actual white supremacism out of the water. He's truly a disgrace." - Ajax
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Temp. Admin. wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:41 pm
Icarus wrote:
Lol. Shades, i love you to death, but your tilting at windmills quest to keep Hungarian references at bay is legendary. If this board really wanted to derail the derailers, then there would never have been a mentalgymnast Jubilee. Grindael, may he rest in peace, suffered the most from derailment efforts.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Icarus wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:32 pm

So if anyone is in Madison, please be on the look out.
Huh? Be on the look out? For what? So they can approach some guy on the street who matches the description? You have GOT to be joking here.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

Icarus wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:50 pm

Uh, I said, and I quote:

"All I know of the guy is what he's shared here."

If that isn't specifying he disclosed it here, then what the ____ is?
In other words, your ranting about your in real life showing up here is meaningless, since you originally disclosed it yourself. Glad that’s cleared up. Quit bellyaching.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Icarus wrote:
Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:39 pm
I read the 12 rules at this page http://mormondiscussions.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=26

Nothing in those 12 rules mentions anything about denigrating family members or even personal attacks. It does elaborate further down but I think that's because it was an add on rule that was triggered at some later time.

In any event, just about anything can be interpreted as a "personal attack" so that may explain why enforcing the rule is hard.
It's been there for years "you daft dim bulb"*.

*~ Miss Hermione Granger. So Lemmie doesn't ding me for plagiarism.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Where did EA share information about his height, and why did Icarus think that was helpful in order to bring him back to the forum?

- Doc
_Icarus
_Emeritus

Post by _Icarus »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:13 am
Where did EAllusion share information about his height, and why did Icarus think that was helpful in order to bring him back to the forum?

- Doc
It was sarcastic idiot, which should have been obvious.

How the “F” else would I know his height unless he disclosed it here? The man's a ghost. No one knows anything about him aside from what he's shared here.