Trump Cowardly Backs Out of 2nd Debate

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
_Some Schmo
_Emeritus

Re: Trump Cowardly Backs Out of 2nd Debate

Post by _Some Schmo »

Themis wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:23 pm
Trump is afraid of a debate in which he cannot break the rules he said he would abide by.
No, Trump is afraid to debate because he's a fu-cking moron and will lose in any normally moderated debate. He, like most of the GOP and it's base, think a lie is a suitable replacement for an argument. That's the kind of thing that makes sense to morons.

But at the same time, Trump knows that doesn't work with people who think. At least, at some primal lizard brain level of thinking (the best he can achieve), he gets it.
God belief is for people who don't want to live life on the universe's terms.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Themis wrote:

Trump is afraid of a debate in which he cannot break the rules he said he would abide by.
Yes, because Biden never broke a rule; or interrupted; or ran over his allotted time - geez your belly is full of that kool-aid.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
I can tell if a person is judgmental just by looking at them
what is chaos to the fly is normal to the spider - morticia addams
If you're not upsetting idiots, you might be an idiot. - Ted Nugent
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

subgenius wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:02 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:23 pm
Two separate town hall's tonight. One for Biden. One for Trump. Because that's how dysfunctional Trump really is. He can't hack it.

So be it.
Um, Biden is the one afraid to debate in person.
Check your #tds
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

subgenius wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:07 pm
Themis wrote:

Yes, because Biden never broke a rule; or interrupted; or ran over his allotted time - geez your belly is full of that kool-aid.
If I recall Biden started well, but once he realized Trump would not follow the rules or STFU, I suspect he didn't see any need to follow rules Trump would not. Now certainly politicians are not perfect in their behavior in debate, but none come close to Trump. and you know it. I suspect you and ajax like that he will not obey the rules with democrats.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

Themis wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:22 am
subgenius wrote:

If I recall Biden started well, but once he realized Trump would not follow the rules or STFU, I suspect he didn't see any need to follow rules Trump would not. Now certainly politicians are not perfect in their behavior in debate, but none come close to Trump. and you know it. I suspect you and ajax like that he will not obey the rules with democrats.
Ok, so now if Biden broke the rules that was Trump’s fault - yep your argument keeps getting better.
Keep sliding that goalpost.
Seek freedom and become captive of your desires...seek discipline and find your liberty
_Gunnar
_Emeritus

Post by _Gunnar »

subgenius wrote:
Themis wrote:

Did you even watch that "debate"? It was blazingly obvious that Trump was the worst offender and rule breaker. About the only way Biden managed to get a word in edgewise was to try to interrupt and shout over one of Trump's interruptions of Biden! Clearly, Trump was the bully there!
No precept or claim is more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.

“If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; but if you really make them think, they'll hate you.”
― Harlan Ellison
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:35 am
subgenius wrote:

Did you even watch that "debate"? It was blazingly obvious that Trump was the worst offender hero and rule breakervictim of Biden. About the only way Biden managed to get a word in edgewise was to try to interrupt and shout over one of Trump's interruptions of Biden! Clearly, Trump was the bully good guy there!
There, I fixed it for Trump lickers.....
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:35 am
subgenius wrote:

Did you even watch that "debate"? It was blazingly obvious that Trump was the worst offender and rule breaker. About the only way Biden managed to get a word in edgewise was to try to interrupt and shout over one of Trump's interruptions of Biden! Clearly, Trump was the bully there!
Of course he didn't watch the debate. He's bluffing. He hasn't followed Biden's interviews, speeches, debates or town halls. He spitballs his way through everything these days. He's probably always done it.

I have no idea why anyone wastes time replying to him and I encourage you all to stop making feel like what he says matters. It doesn't. He's not even a good at trolling which is all he's trying to do here.

Don't take the troll bait.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

ABC is keeping silent amid growing criticism of its town hall with Joe Biden after two of the attendees who asked the Democratic nominee questions were identified as an Obama speechwriter and the wife of a prominent Pennsylvania Democrat.

One of the questioners was Nathan Osburn, who worked for the Office of Public Affairs at the Commerce Department under the Obama-Biden administration and at the Small Business Administration.
_subgenius
_Emeritus

Post by _subgenius »

After the first debate:
66 Percent of Spanish-Speaking Americans in Telemundo Twitter Poll Think Trump Just Won the Debate

https://www.newsweek.com/66-percent-spa ... te-1535176