Four Hours at the Capitol: A Must Watch HBO Documentary

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Cultellus

Re: Four Hours at the Capitol: A Must Watch HBO Documentary

Post by Cultellus »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:24 am
Also, how can we ignore the source of all the faux outrage over the Dems wanting to investigate:

Tucker Carlson and Laura Ingraham mocked the harrowing police testimony about the Capitol riot with snickers and a 'best political performance' trophy
Fox News hosts mocked police officers' testimony at Tuesday's January 6 committee hearing.

Tucker Carlson snickered at an officer's testimony, while Ingraham gave "awards" for "performances."

Both hosts selectively used footage to exclude testimony about racial abuse and violence.
FOX and Newsmax, the source for virtually everyone who still claims to be Republican, has done nothing but dismiss the events on Jan 6th.
So, are you telling me that 80 million voters and many more citizens only watch Fox and Newsmax? This is a funny one.

Jesus. You exaggerate and make crap up a lot. Have you considered being a fiction writer?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:20 am
Did every Republican say they objected to the process because Trump, who they all concur is a Moron, told them to do so?
Failure of any Republican to parrot Trump’s election fraud narrative - or to question him about Jan 6 - has become the litmus test determining if Trump will then loudly and publicly disparage that Republican, then support a primary challenger against that same Republican.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Republican Party 2021. The party void of integrity. The party of shameless hypocrisy.

Key Republicans went from blaming Trump for the deadly Capitol attack to fighting his impeachment in just 3 weeks

Exhibit A: Nikki Haley.

Nikki Haley and the biggest GOP flip-flops on Trump post-Jan. 6, ranked
Before: “We need to acknowledge he let us down. He went down a path he shouldn’t have, and we shouldn’t have followed him, and we shouldn’t have listened to him. And we can’t let that ever happen again...I think he’s going to find himself further and further isolated. . . . I don’t think he’s going to be in the picture. I don’t think he can. He’s fallen so far.”

After: “He has the ability to move the ball, and I hope that he continues to do that. We need him in the Republican Party. I don’t want us to go back to the days before Trump.”
Exhibit B: Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.)
Before: “The president bears responsibility for Wednesday’s attack on Congress by mob rioters. He should have immediately denounced the mob when he saw what was unfolding... These facts require immediate action from President Trump to accept his share of responsibility, quell the brewing unrest and ensure that President-elect Biden is able to successfully begin his term. And the president’s immediate action also deserves congressional action, which is why I think a fact-finding commission and a censure resolution would be prudent.”

After: “I was the first person to contact him when the riot was going on. He didn’t see it. [How] he ended the call was . . . telling me he’ll put something out to make sure to stop this. And that’s what he did; he put a video out later.” (Fox News)
Exhibit C: Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.)
Before: “Trump and I, we’ve had a hell of a journey. I hate it being this way. Oh my God, I hate it. From my point of view, he’s been a consequential president. But today . . . all I can say is: Count me out. Enough is enough. I’ve tried to be helpful...The president needs to understand that his actions were the problem, not the solution. . . . It breaks my heart that my friend, a president of consequence, would allow [Jan. 6] to happen, and it will be a major part of his presidency. It was a self-inflicted wound.”

After: “Because he was successful for conservatism and people appreciate his fighting spirit, he’s going to dominate the party for years to come. The way I look at it, there is no way we can achieve our goals without Trump.”
Exhibit D: Mike Pence
Before: “The truth is, there’s almost no idea more un-American than the notion that any one person could choose the American president.” (Speech at Ronald Reagan library)

After: “So, I know the media wants to distract from the Biden administration’s failed agenda by focusing on one day in January. They want to use that one day to try and demean the character and intentions of 74 million Americans who believe we could be strong again and prosperous again and supported our administration in 2016 and 2020.” (“The Sean Hannity show”)
Exhibit E: Rep. Nancy Mace (R-S.C.)
Before: “How do we hold a president accountable, that put all of our lives at risk? This was a traumatic event for many members of Congress, and I believe in the days, weeks and months to come, as we learn more, the worse it’s going to get . . . I want to be a new voice for the Republican Party, and that’s one of the reasons I’ve spoken out so strongly against the president, against these QAnon conspiracy theorists that led us in a constitutional crisis. It’s just wrong, and we’ve got to put a stop to it.” (“Meet the Press”)

After: Mace has been reluctant to speak directly about Trump. “I want to move forward. I want to win back the House in a year and a half. We can get the majority back, and we’ve got to stop fighting with each other in public.”
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:39 am
So, are you telling me that 80 million voters and many more citizens only watch Fox and Newsmax?
FOX, Newsmax and OAN are the primary source for today's Republicans, yes. They also read and listen to morons on talk radio, podcasters like Shapiro, Prager and Bongino, but those people are all just part of the same propaganda mill that incestuously regurgitates each other's talking point for the day.
Cultellus wrote:
Jesus. You exaggerate and make crap up a lot. Have you considered being a fiction writer?
I exaggerate? Says the guy who actually thinks 80 million people voted for Trump. :roll:

You're overselling it by roughly 6 million.
Last edited by Alf'Omega on Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:24 am
Fox News hosts mocked police officers' testimony at Tuesday's January 6 committee hearing.

Tucker Carlson snickered at an officer's testimony, while Ingraham gave "awards" for "performances."

Both hosts selectively used footage to exclude testimony about racial abuse and violence.

Apparently, at only three syllables, ‘Back the Blue’ is much easier for some folks to say than to honor.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

canpakes wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:48 am
Failure of any Republican to parrot Trump’s election fraud narrative - or to question him about Jan 6 - has become the litmus test determining if Trump will then loudly and publicly disparage that Republican, then support a primary challenger against that same Republican.
One must wonder how he does not know these things? It's like he's just ignorant as all get out. Whether it be from isolating himself from all news, or just reality all together, he clearly has no business speaking on current events he knows nothing about. I mean Trump punishing Republicans for betraying him and those same Republicans fawning over him in response has been common knowledge for anyone who has spent any amount of time on earth.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:52 am
Cultellus wrote:
So, are you telling me that 80 million voters and many more citizens only watch Fox and Newsmax?
FOX, Newsmax and OAN are the primary source for today's Republicans, yes. They also read and listen to morons on talk radio, podcasters like Shapiro, Prager and Bongino, but those people are all just part of the same propaganda mill that incestuously regurgitates each other's talking point for the day.
Cultellus wrote:
I exaggerate? Says the guy who actually thinks 80 million people voted for Trump. :roll:
Alf, you are high or something. I did not say that. You are making crap up with every post.

Those networks do not have 80 million viewers.

Some Republicans did not vote for Trump.

Have you considered getting help for this disorder? You seem to not be well.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:59 am
Alf, you are high or something. I did not say that. You are making crap up with every post.

Those networks do not have 80 million viewers.

Some Republicans did not vote for Trump.

Have you considered getting help for this disorder? You seem to not be well.
Also Cultellus:
Cultellus wrote:
So, are you telling me that 80 million voters and many more citizens only watch Fox and Newsmax? This is a funny one.

You mentioned 80 million voters. Why that number? Is that the assumed count of registered Republicans?
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Perhaps even more despicable is the Republican Troy Nehls (R) Texas, who was actually barricading the doors during the attack. After initially saying officers would have been justified shooting people who made it through the door, he recently went on Newsmax to claim Ashley Babbitt was murdered and there was absolutely no way to justify shooting her. Chris Hayes puts together the video clip: https://www.msnbc.com/all