It's No Wonder So Many GOP Object to Jan 6 Investigation

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: It's No Wonder So Many GOP Object to Jan 6 Investigation

Post by Some Schmo »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:58 pm
Does anyone else feel like our politics increasingly resemble a reality tv show on MTV? Or maybe The Apprentice?
Well, it certainly feels scripted and edited like a reality TV show.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Cultellus wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:47 pm
If a non-GOP pol lies, are they also the American Taliban, or just the regular Taliban?
Obtuse and dumb as ever. No one called anyone the American Taliban for merely telling a lie.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:17 am
Cultellus wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:47 pm
If a non-GOP pol lies, are they also the American Taliban, or just the regular Taliban?
Obtuse and dumb as ever. No one called anyone the American Taliban for merely telling a lie.
Oh. Did Schmo call the GOP the American Taliban for telling the truth?
Alf'Omega
2nd Counselor

Post by Alf'Omega »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:24 am
On a thread about Republicans attacking the Capitol, I think that would be what he's alluding to. Of course, there are far more parallels between today's GOP base and the Taliban.

You're both religious fanatics, gun fanatics and you claim to be freedom fighters. You also hate homosexuals and think women should stay at home and have a ruling authority dictate what they can do with their own body.

That's a lot of similarities, to say nothing of similar visions of Trumpers in their pickup Trucks toting assault rifles and waving flags.
6123b4ccf0f8216bfb3173b4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cultellus

Post by Cultellus »

Alf'Omega wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:10 am
Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:24 am
On a thread about Republicans attacking the Capitol, I think that would be what he's alluding to. Of course, there are far more parallels between today's GOP base and the Taliban.

You're both religious fanatics, gun fanatics and you claim to be freedom fighters. You also hate homosexuals and think women should stay at home and have a ruling authority dictate what they can do with their own body.

That's a lot of similarities, to say nothing of similar visions of Trumpers in their pickup Trucks toting assault rifles and waving flags.

6123b4ccf0f8216bfb3173b4.png
You do recall that you were one of those folks here that were laughing and cheering while your cabal here made homosexual insults and celebrated your bigoted pejoratives. I do not hate homosexuals and I do not think that about women. I do not associate with groups that do.

You just keep on lying and lying and lying. I am not sure what you get out of it. Why do you keep making stuff up like this? What are you gaining from this?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Cultellus wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:12 pm
You do recall that you were one of those folks here that were laughing and cheering while your cabal here made homosexual insults and celebrated your bigoted pejoratives. I do not hate homosexuals and I do not think that about women. I do not associate with groups that do.

You just keep on lying and lying and lying. I am not sure what you get out of it. Why do you keep making stuff up like this? What are you gaining from this?

There you go again, back to the imagined grievances and scenarios, and more gaslighting.

You have a habit of asking others questions that you should be directing towards yourself. ; )