Rules and Moderator information

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Cultellus

Re: Rules and Moderator information

Post by Cultellus »

For the love of Higher Being Person.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:16 am
Just FTR, I don't expect Shades to rule based on mood. In the past, he typically rules based on sound reasoning. That's what I'm looking for here.
No worries. My use of the word mood was satirical by choice. ; )
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:22 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:16 am
Just FTR, I don't expect Shades to rule based on mood. In the past, he typically rules based on sound reasoning. That's what I'm looking for here.
No worries. My use of the word mood was satirical by choice. ; )
Got it!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

canpakes wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:25 am
Are you amused by this?
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Lem wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:25 am
Are you amused by this?

Not at all. Just watching something familiar.
Lem
God

Post by Lem »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:35 am
Lem in the way it's been used and to whom it's been used, do you see that as a form of sexual harassment or do you see it as a form of general harassment? It's clearly being used as a female pejorative but for what purpose would you say?
Atlanticmike uses this pejorative exclusively against those he knows are women, and he has combined it with multiple, filthy personal attacks about their families, when he thinks he has such knowledge of families.

On the other hand, there are many women here who decline to make known their gender. If AtlanticMike doesn't have knowledge of a poster's gender, his insults take more generic forms. So, in the end he attacks everyone across the board, with common insults and pejoratives, but if he is aware the poster is female, he adds a layer of pejorative that is exclusively intended to harass and insult women.

I call what he has done to me sexual harassment, as he is targeting and harassing me specifically on the basis of my gender. I have reported and had moved dozens of his attacks, and I have reported and had deleted another dozen or so family attacks. I have stopped participating in forums and threads where he participates, because I know doing so will inevitably invite multiple gender-based personal attacks and gender-based family attacks.

At this point, the fact that the moderators are aware of his habits, and aware of his inclination to sexually harass posters he knows are female, especially with the gender-based family attacks that need to be deleted, in my opinion constitutes an obligation on their part to be proactive about this situation.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Lem wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:30 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Lem in the way it's been used and to whom it's been used, do you see that as a form of sexual harassment or do you see it as a form of general harassment? It's clearly being used as a female pejorative but for what purpose would you say?
Atlanticmike uses this pejorative exclusively against those he knows are women, and he has combined it with multiple, filthy personal attacks about their families, when he thinks he has such knowledge of families.

On the other hand, there are many women here who decline to make known their gender. If AtlanticMike doesn't have knowledge of a poster's gender, his insults take more generic forms. So, in the end he attacks everyone across the board, with common insults and pejoratives, but if he is aware the poster is female, he adds a layer of pejorative that is exclusively intended to harass and insult women.

I call what he has done to me sexual harassment, as he is targeting and harassing me specifically on the basis of my gender. I have reported and had moved dozens of his attacks, and I have reported and had deleted another dozen or so family attacks. I have stopped participating in forums and threads where he participates, because I know doing so will inevitably invite multiple gender-based personal attacks and gender-based family attacks.

At this point, the fact that the moderators are aware of his habits, and aware of his inclination to sexually harass posters he knows are female, especially with the gender-based family attacks that need to be deleted, in my opinion constitutes an obligation on their part to be proactive about this situation.
Lem that is similar to what I pointed out in one or more of my recent comments. Atlanticmike and his socks have been unknowingly interacting with other female posters the whole entire time. Yet, it is the known female posters he directs sexually charge, gender related language towards.

I think that makes the case for targeted sexual harassment of female posters.

I don't think I have more to say at the moment.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Lem wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:30 am
Jersey Girl wrote:

What specifically are you requesting us to do?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

QUESTION: Is there any way to actually search the archives? If so, could someone post the process here because I haven't been able to locate archived posts here.

I'll check back in a bit.

Slava Ukraini!
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:10 am
What specifically are you requesting us to do?
Can you at least explain why “huge throbbing tapir dick” describing an off-post personality is R-rated versus “pink vagina hat” used to harass women in-thread isn’t?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.