Mar-A-Lago Legally Searched by FBI

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Mar-A-Lago Raided

Post by honorentheos »

Hey Cultellus and Ajax, pop quiz:

Did Vince Foster...

a) commit suicide
b) die in a mysterious way that needs perpetual investigation and questioning
c) get himself murdered by the Clintons
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Another pop quiz:

Did the FBI...

a) conspire with the Obama DOJ to cover up Hillary's order to stand down and let Americans be killed in Benghazi
b) conspire with the Obama White House to cover up a chemical weapons deal by Hillary's State Department that fed chemical weapons into Syria
c) conspire with George Soros to attack politicians and candidates who have rejected the elite power structure in order to represent the people, and this is just one example of a perpetual all-out broad attack by the deep state to keep the people complacent and unquestioning
d) all of the above
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

I think the credibility of the FBI is absolutely shot.
Have you ever been to an FBI agent's funeral?
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:17 am
No
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Gadianton wrote:
He thinks the credibility of the FBI is shot, but Trump? Oh, his word is gold.

I think we all know how seriously we need to take his or any Trump defender's "thoughts."
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Seriously, at this point, just how damned stupid do you have to be to still support Trump? This is a serious question. How much evidence has to bombard your consciousness before it makes a dent in the addled Trump supporting thing you call a brain?

Christ, there has yet to be invented a word to describe that level of damned belligerent thoughtlessness. "Trump supporter" is synonymous with "damned moron."
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Some Schmo wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 4:34 am
Gadianton wrote:

He thinks the credibility of the FBI is shot, but Trump? Oh, his word is gold.

I think we all know how seriously we need to take his or any Trump defender's "thoughts."
Again. Trump’s word is gold according to who?

Keep doing what you are doing Schmo, don’t let thoughts get in your way.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

For what it's worth I don't think Culty is so much a Trump supporter as he is an establishment hater. The conspiracy brain just tends to veer hard right on these issues because the sources come in one size fits all only.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Binger wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:10 am
Gadianton wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:34 pm

Unlikely. I wear shirts inside out fairly often, but never backwards and certainly not upside down.

Let's think about your request realistically, Binger.

Are you sure that's what you want? Do you think that Republican leaders will push for it? As it stands, it's a predictable victory for Trump, his base is on fire with the Holy Spirit over it. Why ruin a good thing? What do you think the odds are that Trump isn't guilty of something significant? Oh sure, maybe the significance isn't as great as the entire fentanyl crisis and border crisis combined. But I think you strongly suspect it was a legit warrant. I'm sure republican leaders suspect the same -- they're stupid, but not that stupid.

careful what you wish for...
I think the credibility of the FBI is absolutely shot. Even the NY Yankees have to rebuild after a long run. Perhaps the FBI needs a hard reset because this clownass nonsense is not helping them at all. At this point, the only people that would consider the FBI as a credible career would be conspiracy-conspiracy believers and conspiracy-conspiracy-conspiracy believer believers. It is just the goddamn lunatic fringe at that place on any given day.

So yes. The answer is yes. Get as transparent as possible as fast as possible because there is no credibility that this goddamn judge who used to be working for the pilot of Epstein's plane would not have done something stupid. I am carefully wishing for that.
Did you ever produce evidence they "kicked in the door" or are you basically just like ajax now who claims to have facts but only regurgitates made up crap and never backs up his sources?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Oh gee, lookie here. More information about the actual timeline here and it has the Right Wing pundits sitting there with egg all over their faces for acting like the pedantic fear-mongers that they are. They want you to believe whatever the Trump family says, mainly that the FBI illegitimately "raided" Trump's property for no apparent reason and I've seen numerous folks at FOX insist (Binger as well) that it could have been done differently if they had just asked Trump for these documents prior to the "raid." Well, turns out they did. But they won't tell you that part. Nor will they tell you that the "raid" was a typical execution of search warrant in a legally sanctioned process that only happened because 15 months of trying to retrieve classified documents proved futile:
May 2021

An official from NARA contacts Trump's team after realizing that several important documents weren't handed over before Trump left the White House. In hopes of locating the missing items, NARA lawyer Gary Stern reaches out to someone who served in the White House counsel's office under Trump, who was the point of contact for recordkeeping matters. The missing documents include some of Trump's correspondence with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, as well as the map of Hurricane Dorian that Trump infamously altered with a sharpie pen.

Fall 2021

NARA grows frustrated with the slow pace of document turnover after several months of conversations with the Trump team. Stern reaches out to another Trump attorney to intervene. The archivist asks about several boxes of records that were apparently taken to Mar-a-Lago during Trump's relocation to Florida. NARA still doesn't receive the White House documents they are searching for.

January 2022

After months of discussions with Trump's team, NARA retrieves 15 boxes of Trump White House records from Mar-a-Lago. NARA says in a statement that some of the records it received at the end of Trump's administration were "torn up by former President Trump," and that White House officials had to tape them back together. Not all the torn-up documents were reconstructed, NARA says.

February 9, 2022

News outlets, including CNN, report that NARA asked the Justice Department to investigate Trump's handling of White House records and whether he violated the Presidential Records Act and other laws related to classified information. The Presidential Records Act requires all records created by a sitting president to be turned over to the National Archives at the end of their administration.

February 18, 2022

NARA informs the Justice Department that some of the documents retrieved from Mar-a-Lago included classified material. NARA also tells the department that, despite being warned it was illegal, Trump tore up documents while he was president, and that senior officials in the Trump administration did not properly preserve their social media messages, draft tweets and deleted tweets.

April and May 2022

On April 7, NARA publicly acknowledges for the first time that the Justice Department is involved, and news outlets report that prosecutors have launched a criminal probe into Trump's mishandling of classified documents. Around this time, FBI agents quietly interview Trump aides at Mar-a-Lago about the handling of presidential records as part of their widening investigation.

May 12, 2022

News outlets report that investigators subpoenaed NARA for access to the classified documents retrieved from Mar-a-Lago. The subpoena, which is part of the process to allow investigators to take possession of the documents from the NARA, is the first public indication of the Justice Department using a grand jury in its investigation.

June 3, 2022

Four investigators, including a top Justice Department counterintelligence official, visit Mar-a-Lago seeking more information about classified material that had been taken to Florida. The four investigators meet with two of Trump's attorneys, Christina Bobb and Evan Corcoran, and look around the basement room where the documents are being stored. Trump briefly stops by the meeting to say hello to the officials, but he does not answer any questions.

June 8, 2022

Trump's attorneys receive a letter from federal investigators, asking them to further secure the room where documents are being stored. In response, Trump aides add a padlock to the room in the basement of Mar-a-Lago.

August 8, 2022

The FBI executes a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago -- a major escalation of the classified documents investigation. The search focused on the area of the club where Trump's offices and personal quarters are located. Federal agents remove boxes of material from the property. The search was the first time in American history that a former president's home was searched as part of a criminal investigation.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18