Katie Britt’s Shtick Abides

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Kishkumen
God

Katie Britt’s Shtick Abides

Post by Kishkumen »

Katie Britt brings her uniquely bad acting skills to the cosplay of genuinely concerned Christian mom calling out Joe Biden for “not standing with Israel” in bringing about the senseless deaths of hundreds of Palestinian children.

https://youtu.be/M7rnRJmaWqc?si=llRKK-EdKI-Uv9sd

She is so detached from genuine human feeling in her performance that I am left wondering what is gained by this. Is she in the running for Trump’s VP again simply because she would look good on OAN and Newsmax and hasn’t shot a puppy?

When they bring up Hitler, do they not see the irony of doing so in their own authoritarian parody of a political party?
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Gunnar
God

Re: Katie Britt’s Shtick Abides

Post by Gunnar »

It sometimes seems to me sometimes that Hamas and the Netanyahu government are competing to see who can be the most brutal and hateful. It's sad how many can't see that opposing the Israeli government's brutal extremes is not equivalent to antisemitism and opposing the slaughter and starvation of innocent Palestinians (especially the 70% of the victims who are women and children) is not equivalent to being pro-Hamas. Even the majority of Palestinians (as I understand it) oppose Hamas. I think this whole Mid-Eastern conflict is yet another consequence of immensely wealthy, selfish and powerful people on both sides of the conflict viewing a peaceful and rational end to the conflict that would benefit ordinary people on both sides as an unwelcome impediment to their continuing acquisition of ever more wealth and power.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Imwashingmypirate
God

Post by Imwashingmypirate »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:41 am
It sometimes seems to me sometimes that Hamas and the Netanyahu government are competing to see who can be the most brutal and hateful. It's sad how many can't see that opposing the Israeli government's brutal extremes is not equivalent to antisemitism and opposing the slaughter and starvation of innocent Palestinians (especially the 70% of the victims who are women and children) is not equivalent to being pro-Hamas. Even the majority of Palestinians (as I understand it) oppose Hamas. I think this whole Mid-Eastern conflict is yet another consequence of immensely wealthy, selfish and powerful people on both sides of the conflict viewing a peaceful and rational end to the conflict that would benefit ordinary people on both sides as an unwelcome impediment to their continuing acquisition of ever more wealth and power.
I just don't understand why in every war is it civilians who just want to live and go about their business that are the currency! These leaders don't care that their people are being murdered or that their people are heading to fight and dying or becoming traumatised. It's evil. It makes it feel like there is little value in our lives. They should lock themselves in a room and duel it out on their own to see who has the biggest whatever it is they feel the need to fight about. I know people need leaders. The world would be chaos if people weren't controlled to an extent. But still disgusting that they can just kill and make out like they are doing the right thing. I honestly don't care which leader is in the right or wrong in why they are at war. It is the attack on the people and the destruction that should not even be a part of the equation. It's like going and smashing a neighbours car because you don't agree. You'd get charged whether you were right or wrong about the disagreement. We are expected to have these ethics and morals and where are the morals of the greedy and corrupt so called leaders?
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Britt reminds me of that 70's movie The Stepford Wives. That had terrible acting too.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 5:41 am
Yeah, what is going on in Gaza has the feel of an atrocity-stakes version of our own divisive political culture. You have the powerful, strident, and excessive extremes holding the rest of us hostage and letting us all be collateral damage in their zero-sum, civilization-ending battle to the finish.
“The past no longer belongs only to those who once lived it; the past belongs to those who claim it, and are willing to explore it, and to infuse it with meaning for those alive today.”—Margaret Atwood
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Certainly one of the most intractable guarantees that such conflicts will continue is that the world's arms manufacturers on all sides are profiting immensely from them. Can there be any reasonable doubt that many, if not most, of the world's arms manufacturers and dealers, would rather provoke the mutual hatred and injustices that lead to these conflicts than encourage humane and good faith efforts to diminish the factors, including inhumane conditions and injustices that primarily motivate them?
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.