The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: The Trump Criminal Case MEGATHREAD.

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 8:59 pm
the defendant cannot use his free speech in this case to blow up the case prior to the jury having its chance to weigh in and make a determination.
I guess my question is what do you mean by blowing up the case? How does the public knowing the race, gender, politics, etc. of the jury change how the jurors are going to decide the case. And since this case involves a candidate for president, why shouldn't the American public have a right to know the race, gender, and politics of the judge and jury that made Donald Trump a convicted felon?
Here is your answer: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ex-tab ... m=referral

Jurors should have the right to exercise their civic duty to decide a case to the best of their ability without fear of intimidation or reprisal. The judge requested the press not disclose identifying information after the press reported information sufficient to identify one juror. The juror requested to be dismissed after she began receiving calls and messages about being a juror. As long as the public continues to act like common thugs, juror privacy will have to be strictly protected.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:38 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 8:59 pm
I guess my question is what do you mean by blowing up the case? How does the public knowing the race, gender, politics, etc. of the jury change how the jurors are going to decide the case. And since this case involves a candidate for president, why shouldn't the American public have a right to know the race, gender, and politics of the judge and jury that made Donald Trump a convicted felon?

Jurors should have the right to exercise their civic duty to decide a case to the best of their ability without fear of intimidation or reprisal. The judge requested the press not disclose identifying information after the press reported information sufficient to identify one juror. The juror requested to be dismissed after she began receiving calls and messages about being a juror. As long as the public continues to act like common thugs, juror privacy will have to be strictly protected.
Knowing the political party or gender shouldn't be enough to identify a juror. Trump was fined for saying the jury was mostly Democrat. They don't care about juror safety. They just want to be able to call Trump a convicted felon and leave out the part that he was convicted by a partisan political prosecutor, Judge, and jury.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 11:11 pm
They don't care about juror safety.
Prosecutors wished to prevent juror intimidation and death threats from Trump supporters.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri May 10, 2024 9:38 pm

Knowing the political party or gender shouldn't be enough to identify a juror. Trump was fined for saying the jury was mostly Democrat. They don't care about juror safety. They just want to be able to call Trump a convicted felon and leave out the part that he was convicted by a partisan political prosecutor, Judge, and jury.
You’re confusing two different issues. Keeping the jurors safe from harassment and threats is the primary concern. Prohibiting disclosure of any information that would help identify jurors is a perfectly reasonable approach given the extent of thuggish behavior by members of the public.

Trump was fined for violating a court order — an order made necessary by his own thuggish behavior. Had you or I done the same, we’d be in jail. Trump is baiting the judge and is getting special preferential treatment to mollify his thuggish cultists.
he/him

Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dozin’ Donny forgot his own son’s age yesterday. This is made worse since he was bangin’ Stormy Daniels four months after Barron was born. Boy, are we sure Dementia Don should be President again??

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 1:09 am
ajax18 wrote:
You’re confusing two different issues. Keeping the jurors safe from harassment and threats is the primary concern. Prohibiting disclosure of any information that would help identify jurors is a perfectly reasonable approach given the extent of thuggish behavior by members of the public.

Trump was fined for violating a court order — an order made necessary by his own thuggish behavior. Had you or I done the same, we’d be in jail. Trump is baiting the judge and is getting special preferential treatment to mollify his thuggish cultists.
Do you know if any arrests were ever made for these swatting incidents? What happened to the Democrat protesters sending death threats outside of Kavanaugh's house?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc-D51gdB9Y
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:07 am
Res Ipsa wrote:

Do you know if any arrests were ever made for these swatting incidents? What happened to the Democrat protesters sending death threats outside of Kavanaugh's house?

Slumberin’ Don, that’s what they call him, I hear them talking on the streets, by the way, about Sleepin’ Donny Two-Timing Trump, heard he cheated on his wife only FOUR MONTHS after giving birth to his beautiful son. Slept with a hooker, can you believe that? An adult film actress is what they call them now. Not in my day, though. They’d just be hookers, but what do I know?

Apparently, Doped Up Donny had his crooked lawyers do it all. Can you believe that? Paid that, well we can’t say what she is any more, they took that away from us, paid her a HUNDRED AND THIRTY THOUSAND in hush money. That’s what they call it. Hush money. How do ya like that?

Eh. What has America become? Presidents steppin’ out on their ladies. Can you believe that?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Slumberin’ Don, that’s what they call him, I hear them talking on the streets, by the way, about Sleepin’ Donny Two-Timing Trump, heard he cheated on his wife only FOUR MONTHS after giving birth to his beautiful son. Slept with a hooker, can you believe that? An adult film actress is what they call them now. Not in my day, though. They’d just be hookers, but what do I know?

Apparently, Doped Up Donny had his crooked lawyers do it all. Can you believe that? Paid that, well we can’t say what she is any more, they took that away from us, paid her a HUNDRED AND THIRTY THOUSAND in hush money. That’s what they call it. Hush money. How do ya like that?

Eh. What has America become? Presidents steppin’ out on their ladies. Can you believe that?
Wasn't Trump a Democrat back in 2006? But your post does demonstrate the purpose of this kangaroo court. It's an attempt to make Donald Trump look bad in the eyes of the religious right, because Stormy Daniel's testimony has no relevance to the case. In a state where Soros prosecutors refuse to take up cases against retail theft<$1000/incident or press charges, the Soros led left is bringing 34 felonies against a man for paying hush money to hide an affair from his wife. That's what I find disgusting and against the interests of working American people. We knew Donald Trump lived an immoral sexual lifestyle and you knew it wouldn't change our opinion? We care about economic nationalism and putting the American people first.

So why have you chosen to besmirch the integrity of the criminal justice system, rather than make a case that your policies put the American people first and are in their best interests? It's because you can't. You don't believe in economic nationalism nor do you have any loyalty whatsoever to the American people.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 11:07 am
Res Ipsa wrote:

I don’t care. The issue is keeping the jury safe. I’m not playing whack a mole grievance theater today.
he/him

Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 3:05 pm
I’m not playing whack-a-mole grievance theater today.
The only requirement to be an efficient mole in this game is to be an election denier.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace