This. stupid. board.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

This. stupid. board.

Post by Jersey Girl »

So there I was logged out and lurking when I saw a typo in one of my posts. :shock: Now that might not matter to anyone else but a first born only child but it matters to me, a first born only child.

It took me no less that FIVE tries to log in here and that doesn't count how long it took to submit my last post and now this one.

Questions

1. Does the board need an oil change?
2. Is the lint filter full?
3. Do we need a new roll of duct tape?
4. Are we out of quarters?
5. Does someone need to blow out the sprinkler system?
6. Is this some cruel tech trick?

Like WHAT is going on here every other week it's like a contest for how long you're willing to wait in a hypnotic trance from watching the little circle thingy at the top of screen go around and around and around and around....until it finally loads the board or until you're fresh out of giveadamn from trying it over and over and over and over again and just. give. up. OR it's taken so long to log on that you forget what the heck you were going to post in the first place?

Talk about run on sentences.*

So yeah, what's the deal around here?

*That's how I talk in real life. I swear on my cat.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
High Spy
First Presidency

Re: This. stupid. board.

Post by High Spy »

More periods may do the trick, especially try searching for one on youtube. :lol:

Limiting search function to logged on members is more likely an effective measure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jPHlmWNAM0
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

High Spy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 4:03 am
More periods may do the trick, especially try searching for one on youtube. :lol:

Limiting search function to logged on members is more likely an effective measure.

Show me where in my post I discussed searching anything.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
High Spy
First Presidency

Post by High Spy »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 4:25 am
High Spy wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 4:03 am

Show me where in my post I discussed searching anything.
You discussed the problem which perhaps unbeknownst to you is greatly impacted by people likely saving the “Active topics” link as a bookmark. Hundreds of guests clicking their bookmark results in a high load on the server.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Good idea. Done. I might just shut down search for everyone temporarily if problem continues.

~95% of the time when the board goes to a crawl it's session count related, I've done some things that seem to help; It's easy to prove this is the issue by clearing sessions and it screams immediately. Tonight that didn't work so something else is going on. I will see in morning where it's at.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Gadianton wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 4:49 am
Good idea. Done. I might just shut down search for everyone temporarily if problem continues.

~95% of the time when the board goes to a crawl it's session count related, I've done some things that seem to help; It's easy to prove this is the issue by clearing sessions and it screams immediately. Tonight that didn't work so something else is going on. I will see in morning where it's at.
Thank you, Gad. Sorry I went off on a rant. Given the last transfer to a new board, I'm concerned that the wheels are coming off again.

Apologies!

Slava Ukraini!
Valo
Teacher

Post by Valo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 5:09 am
Gadianton wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 4:49 am

Thank you, Gad. Sorry I went off on a rant. Given the last transfer to a new board, I'm concerned that the wheels are coming off again.

Apologies!
High Spy gave you a good suggestion, you pooped on it, Gad said, oh no, that's a good idea, implements it, then you thank Gad and apologize to, who?

:D
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Valo wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:01 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 5:09 am

Apologies!
High Spy gave you a good suggestion, you pooped on it, Gad said, oh no, that's a good idea, implements it, then you thank Gad and apologize to, who?

Am I as a user able to implement the measures that High Spy suggested? If so, how is that done?

Apologies to Gad of course.

Slava Ukraini!
Valo
Teacher

Post by Valo »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:16 am
Valo wrote:

Am I as a user able to implement the measures that High Spy suggested? If so, how is that done?

Apologies to Gad of course.
Of course.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Valo wrote:

Slava Ukraini!