doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: doubtingthomas’s topics MEGATHREAD

Post by doubtingthomas »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 4:37 pm
I'm done feeding the creatures.
[Personal attack deleted, FR 2, RI] When are you getting out of your bubble?
_Chap wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:16 pm
As a parent, I want there to be clear rules in place to make it plain to teachers that in addition to the normal prohibition against adults having sexual relations with minors (which in my jurisdiction means those under 16), it is also an offence for someone in a high school teacher-pupil relationship to have sexual relations with a student.

Although I want the rules to be effectively enforced, I would personally be happy for any breach of the latter rule to be punishable by permanent exclusion from the teaching profession. I think that is sanction enough, and so long as no other law is broken or there are no special aggravating circumstances amounting to coercion (such as threatening bad grades to induce a sexual relationship), I don't feel the need to see anybody sent to prison.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=147676&start=40
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:09 pm
Dr Exiled wrote:
Sat May 11, 2024 4:37 pm
fantasies
Sure, I made it all up, [personal attack deleted, FR 2 -- RI]
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Sep 19, 2021 7:25 pm
I am in a happy relationship with a woman.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1427&p=45197#p45197
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 9:44 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon May 20, 2024 10:09 pm

Sure, I made it all up, [personal attack deleted, FR 2 -- RI]

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1427&p=45197#p45197
How many times does DT get to break the forum rules in his megathread before the thread gets moved to Spirit Prison?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:02 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 9:44 pm
How many times does DT get to break the forum rules in his megathread before the thread gets moved to Spirit Prison?
We do not move threads as some kind of punishment for rule breaking. In the case of a personal attack in the wrong kingdom, mods have the option of moving the post to Prison/Telestial or editing out the attack. I did the latter.
he/him

Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 8:33 pm
Okay. I haven't found where you said something like "Adults can do whatever they want, and that starts at 16".

However, I found this:
_Chap wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:16 pm
As a parent, I want there to be clear rules in place to make it plain to teachers that in addition to the normal prohibition against adults having sexual relations with minors (which in my jurisdiction means those under 16), it is also an offence for someone in a high school teacher-pupil relationship to have sexual relations with a student.

Although I want the rules to be effectively enforced, I would personally be happy for any breach of the latter rule to be punishable by permanent exclusion from the teaching profession. I think that is sanction enough, and so long as no other law is broken or there are no special aggravating circumstances amounting to coercion (such as threatening bad grades to induce a sexual relationship), I don't feel the need to see anybody sent to prison.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=147676&start=40
Chap wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 6:09 pm
Gadianton - thanks for your kind remarks!
I think the quote above is good enough. I won't take my time to find where you said "starts at 16" or "begins at 16". You said something like that.

Unless you want to create two topics for me?
Gadianton wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 12:28 am
Before responding, I looked up UK law. I figured it wasn't my place to speculate on how you misrepresented what he possibly could have said, and so I left it at that.

There is is buddy. I hope you don't disappear again all of the sudden.
Lol. So, as usual, you can't back up your ridiculous accusation. From the same thread you quoted,
_EAllusion wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:10 pm
...You come off like a sociopath when you talk like you've been DT.

...Finding your writing creepy isn't the result of a failure to understand this. It's the result of how you reduce prospective partners into what they can give you in terms of body or wealth...
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:06 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:02 pm

We do not move threads as some kind of punishment for rule breaking. In the case of a personal attack in the wrong kingdom, mods have the option of moving the post to Prison/Telestial or editing out the attack. I did the latter.
You have the option? Ok. You have deleted 2 personal attacks today. My question remains, how many chances does a poster get to repeatedly break the rules before mods just deal with the situation by moving a thread?
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Marcus wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:14 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:06 pm

You have the option? Ok. You have deleted 2 personal attacks today. My question remains, how many chances does a poster get to repeatedly break the rules before mods just deal with the situation by moving a thread?
My answer remains: "We do not move threads as some kind of punishment for rule breaking."
he/him

Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:23 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:14 pm
My answer remains: "We do not move threads as some kind of punishment for rule breaking."
My question remains, how many chances does a poster get to repeatedly break the rules before mods just deal with the situation by moving a thread?
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

A little more from EA, whose opinion DT respects:
_EAllusion wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:40 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
What's a little frustrating for me is that DT seems to me to be teaching himself to be a helpless victim. He needs a girlfriend to be happy, but then actively searches for obstacles that prevent him from getting a girlfriend. it almost seems like trying to make helpful suggestions actually just enables his helplessness.
DT's posts have consistent themes that flirt with the misogyny present in the various manosophere subcultures. There's this vaguely unsettling miasma of seeing women primarily as potential objects of his fulfillment, desperate loneliness, and somewhat broken, but obsessive reasoning that just hangs over his posts.

Suggesting that he try to fashion himself into a oughts pick up artist is genuinely some of the worst personal advice I've ever seen on this board. I mean, that's bad advice for anyone, but especially him.

Whatever could go wrong with someone like DT succeeding or failing at becoming a PUA? Since nothing has happened since 2009, I guess we'll never know.
[bolding added]
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 10:11 pm
Lol. So, as usual, you can't back up your ridiculous accusation. From the same thread you quoted,
_EAllusion wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:10 pm
...You come off like a sociopath when you talk like you've been DT.

...Finding your writing creepy isn't the result of a failure to understand this. It's the result of how you reduce prospective partners into what they can give you in terms of body or wealth...
There you are. What took you so long? :lol:

EAllusion said several times that you lack reading and comprehension skills, don't you remember?

And why don't you quote the posts where EAllusion defends me?

Please don't be dishonest, I quoted that thread in another thread. So, it's an off-topic attack.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll: