Romney on Pardoning Trump

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Romney on Pardoning Trump

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

There are all sorts of coups that don’t involve the military:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_d% ... 20violence.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 11:43 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 9:24 pm

Glad you joined us down here Exiled! You failed to answer the question posed to you. Here is the question:

Your answer, please?
Go off to war like they always do? There are still a lot of countries our military needs to enter and establish bases.

Seriously, the military is supposed to defend the constitution and stop the coup .
That doesn't seem to answer the question.
What do you think about Zelensky over-staying his appointed time? Should the Ukrainian military Slava Ukraini and force him out or at least force elections?
I think that's side tracking that has to the potential to cause an off topic derail. I'll answer anyway.

I think given that Ukraine is under martial law it's right for him to stay put. Do you think it's unlawful? If so would you please link me to documentation from a primary source about that?
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 12:59 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 11:43 pm

Go off to war like they always do? There are still a lot of countries our military needs to enter and establish bases.

Seriously, the military is supposed to defend the constitution and stop the coup .
That doesn't seem to answer the question.
What do you think about Zelensky over-staying his appointed time? Should the Ukrainian military Slava Ukraini and force him out or at least force elections?
I think that's side tracking that has to the potential to cause an off topic derail. I'll answer anyway.

I think given that Ukraine is under martial law it's right for him to stay put. Do you think it's unlawful? If so would you please link me to documentation from a primary source about that?
I answered the question.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Dr. Exiled,

I’m confused with regard to your take on the matter. January 6th and the lead-up to it was a conspiracy and an attempt to prevent a democratically elected official from taking power while attempting to retain it. It was a strategy that employed scheming, the judiciary, weird interpretations of the law, and the violent actions of supporters.

Literally a coup.

- Doc

edit: It should be noted Justice Alito has flown the ‘Appeal to Heaven’ flag at his home was also flown here and there at the January 6th riot/coup (whatever you want to call it, I guess):

Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 11:38 pm
2. The Senate has to approve his appointments. That could/probably will limit the Nazi type government the media hypes.

That's the chance we took before when we thought there was no way in hell the Senate would allow him to turn the Supreme Court into a bench of religious nuts.

And here we are. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 1:51 am
Dr. Exiled,

I’m confused with regard to your take on the matter. January 6th and the lead-up to it was a conspiracy and an attempt to prevent a democratically elected official from taking power while attempting to retain it. It was a strategy that employed scheming, the judiciary, weird interpretations of the law, and the violent actions of supporters.

Literally a coup.

- Doc

edit: It should be noted Justice Alito has flown the ‘Appeal to Heaven’ flag at his home was also flown here and there at the January 6th riot/coup (whatever you want to call it, I guess):

I think you are confusing disputing an election with an actual coup. Candidates should be allowed to dispute elections and hire lawyers to do so as well as hold rallies in support of their position. California just disbarred one of Trump's attorneys for believing a narrative that the bar didn't like. That's dangerous.

There was never a real danger of the government falling due to the J6 protesters. Where were the weapons? It certainly wasn't like when Pablo Escobar attacked the Columbian Supreme Court. There was no threat of force. It was a protest that turned into a riot with police letting protesters into the Capitol, certain govt. officials refusing to answer how many govt. agents were in the crowd, and certain govt. officials refusing more security, most likely for political reasons. Why did the police let them in? Res Ipsa said at the time when I asked that question that it was Stockholm Syndrome. I think that is just guessing and doesn't hold up. Also, at a certain point, the police rounded up the protesters and told them it was time to leave, and surprisingly, they did. Some coup. It was just a mere delay that has been hyped and hyped like russiagate was for so many years. If the media downplayed J6, would these questions still be asked? I don't think so. It's politics. It's hatred of the populist tea party that Trump usurped.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Vēritās wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 2:54 am
Dr Exiled wrote:
Wed May 22, 2024 11:38 pm
2. The Senate has to approve his appointments. That could/probably will limit the Nazi type government the media hypes.

That's the chance we took before when we thought there was no way in hell the Senate would allow him to turn the Supreme Court into a bench of religious nuts.

And here we are. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice...?
So, don't vote for him. I know I won't be.

My point is kinda like Bill Maher when he says you can hate Trump but shouldn't hate half the country for voting for him. We need to come together. Let's stop the unnecessary hype on both sides. The great majority of democrats aren't communists and the great majority of republicans aren't fascists.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Even if Trump wins the left and the deep state will never accept the election. It'll just be the same lawfare and obstruction as it was in 2017. I"m skeptical about how much Trump can do for the economy after the Democrats laid waste to it through the scamdemic and their outrageous environmental regulations. Who needs to fight a civil war. All a rebel needs to do to cripple and impoverish this country is to vote Democrat.
Last edited by ajax18 on Thu May 23, 2024 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Dr. Exile,

Please read the Wiki link I provided. It explains the various kinds of coups that have been used,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coup_d% ... 20violence

- Doc
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 10:45 am
Even if Trump wins the left and the deep state will never accept the election. It'll just be the same lawfare and obstruction as it was in 2017.
The notion that Democrats used lawfare after Trump's 2017 win is incorrect for several reasons:

1. Democrats didn’t challenge the election outcome.

2. There was no massive effort to delegitimize Trump's presidency; legal actions focused on specific issues, like Trump working with the Russians to get elected.

3. Investigations, like Mueller’s, were not conducted by the Democratic Party.

4. Legal actions aimed to hold the Trump administration accountable, not to challenge the election.

5. Democrats accepted the transition of power, participating in the inauguration and engaging with the new administration.

Ajax batting a 1000. For being wrong.

- Doc