When no one believes the prophet

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

When no one believes the prophet

Post by doubtingthomas »

_DoubtingThomas wrote:
Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:01 pm
Kevin Graham wrote:Clinton Holds an 11 point Lead Nationally
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-r ... sj-n666986
just 11 points? she should be leading by like 30+ points. In other polls she is just leading by 4+ points.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=143832

My comment two years before the 2020 pandemic. Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:00 pm:
_DoubtingThomas wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 9:46 pm
Let's worry instead about the serious threat of a pandemic disease, climate change, poverty, diabetes.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=153405

According to a 2022 article, "The number of young people under age 20 with diabetes in the United States is likely to increase more rapidly in future decades" https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2022 ... surge.html

My comment in 2021 about the now popular medicine:
doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:17 pm
The FDA Has Approved An Obesity Drug That Helped Some People Drop Weight By 15%

https://www.npr.org/2021/06/04/10034210 ... ight-by-15

So hopefully the obesity epidemic in the US becomes a thing of the past.
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=961
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
IWMP
Pirate

Re: When no one believes the prophet

Post by IWMP »

Which prophet?
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

So... there's a pandemic disease that's been a global health issue since 1981 and has claimed at least 43 million people. Therefore, posting that we should be concerned about pandemic diseases in 2018 is prophetic? There was literally a Nipah virus outbreak, an Ebola epidemic, and an NDM-CRE outbreak that year alone.

What in the Joseph Smith is going on here? Lol.

I hereby prophecy that I will eat breakfast yesterday.
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Tue May 21, 2024 6:48 pm
So... there's a pandemic disease that's been a global health issue since 1981 and has claimed at least 43 million people. Therefore, posting that we should be concerned about pandemic diseases in 2018 is prophetic? There was literally a Nipah virus outbreak, an Ebola epidemic, and an NDM-CRE outbreak that year alone.

I've had dreams... I hope they don't come true. Pretty freaky.

Once dreamt maybe 10 years ago, (I'm not up to speed with what happens in the world so not sure what's what) that there was a war that came out of nowhere but it was the Chinese against the west (I assume the west). They just started killing people around them. They weren't dressed as military. Just living in amongst us. I can't imagine that to happen.

Another dream, I think I was about 13 maybe. So... 22 years ago... There was a thing that flew around the sky, no engine just flew around and was able to look at people and also kill people if it chose. And it could change direction instantly. I never knew about drones then... But much like a drone. Not sure when drones became a thing... Might have to Google that.

Another dream, everything was dry, people were hiding under floorboards, in cupboards, lots of trying to keep quiet. It was dry and dusty. No food or water. No electricity. A feeling of like a military or something presence of people in authority patrolling. Nothing happened in that dream.

Dreamt the stars were moving (falling) and something strange was in the sky. Can't remember exactly. Bits of the image are missing. But interestingly when the stars were falling, they weren't actually falling. It was more like the earth was moving or spinning fast so the stars all moved the same direction at the same time and speed.

Once dreamt that people were going around houses and when you opened the door they made a decision whether to have you killed or not. They put a piece of string on the outside of the door frame as a message for another person but I can't remember if that meant you were safe or not.

Lots of war dreams it seams.

Some simpler dreams...

I had a dream my bed was a different way. Woke up and my mum came in and said to move my bed a different way, to the way I dreamt it was lol.

Dreamt of places and later seen those places.

I get recurring dreams too. One dream there was a huge white building. Gave me vibes. And water around. Like a sea and the building was in the sea maybe. I remember drowning but not dying. I kept having that dream.

Saw a white figure in a big white dress glowing white with a blue background talking to me in a different language. No idea what she was saying and right at the end she said really loud and clear, "find out the truth" and then I abruptly woke up. Scared the wits out me and then I had a hallucination and sleep paralysis straight after.

Once in my early teens dreamt a train went through me and everything went grey and speckly like an old TV. Felt it go through my soul. And then had that falling feelings and jerked awake. Told my mum and she said the house is built where an old train line used to be. Never knew that.
IWMP
Pirate

Post by IWMP »

Oh one dream that freaked me out (I have lots of observing dreams where I'm stood watching other things) it was like I went back in time. There was wooden floors. No carpets. Definitely a long time ago. Kind of like a western. And I was observing. I knew I was dreaming. And I kind of felt like I was intruding. Could see men talking and just pottering about. I felt like I couldn't be seen. But then one person looked as if he could see me and he walked right up to me and stabbed me with a dagger. I got the grey speckly vision and woke up falling. Actually felt like I had been stabbed. Turned my stomach.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor Steuss wrote:

How about this one

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=150154
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu May 23, 2024 5:29 pm
Doctor Steuss wrote:

How about this one

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=150154
An incredibly bold prediction, that people who will have to live with the consequences of something will be unsympathetic towards the people/things that they perceive as being responsible for said consequences.

People will sing your praises for generations.