What is Gravity?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Valo
Priest

Re: What is Gravity?

Post by Valo »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 7:36 pm
I don't think The Wicker Man dismisses science and he certainly doesn't deny what is taught.
The problem that the DS and Valo have is they don't realize how thoroughly embedded relativity is within a huge sweep of the science that makes the modern world work.

What happens is they skip to the back of the book, find the biggest, most impressive problem, and go there. Gravity. Gravity is a mystery. Gravity doesn't reconcile with quantum mechanics. Wow, it's a total head scratcher. You'd think the "religion" of science would never even be able to admit that they don't know? How come there are so many YouTube videos with religious loyalists admitting the mystery of gravity?

But Valo and the Davidic servant know! Never having completed a single science experiment in their lives, they've already gone straight to the hardest problem of all problems, provide the answer, and then get mad at anyone who isn't willing to accept their answers because they say so.

And so I disagree with you. I think I get what you're saying, maybe he doesn't explicitly dispute anything but gravity, I don't know, but in doing so, he's implicitly disputing more of science than not when he does so.
There is not much about general relativity that is well established. It's not a good system because the math breaks down. It results in singularities.

But not only that, your religion requires you to believe in things you can't see, can't measure, can't detect, and that are just "made up" so the god you worship, "general relativity" and the institutions that follow, don't become a laughing stock.

It's complete horse crap at the end of the day.

You are just repeating the doctrine and dogma you've been taught. You can't explain anything you are describing. You can't prove it. You have faith and believe, like everyone else who worships a mysterious god.

Just because you have lots of money behind your religion doesn't mean it's true. :D
Last edited by Valo on Mon May 27, 2024 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Valo
Priest

Post by Valo »

Unknowable

Well, here's the thing
Science has only proven maybe, I think
Four things in the history of science
So that the, the
That's why there's a theory of evolution even though
Evolution is, I think certain, it certainly happened
I think evolution certainly happened
Now I could say to you if I wanted to
That it is a theory because they haven't proven it
But I I believe it
When I hear Steven Hawkins say, ''Therе is no God''
I go, what kind of scientist is that?
I mean, I heard him say that
I hеard him say, ''There is no God'' It's a fairytale
That's not a scientist to me
That's the preeminent physicist in the entire world
Is saying something
Out of obvious prejudice
I did not hear the whole quote
But I was kind of shocked
That science says like, we've given up
I don't know when scientists started saying things were

[Chorus]
Unknowable
That's a new one on me
Unknowable
That's a new one on me
Unknowable
That's a new one on me
Because that's not a scientific term
As far as I know
Unknowable?

Maybe they could, I don't think scientists could possibly
Use that term unknowable
Because it infers that they can see into the future
I don't have the powers of a scientist
I certainly couldn't prove the existence of the planet Mercury
If that's even a planet anymore, I can't prove anything
I'm just taking their word for it
No, I'm all for science
Because I want them to make things
That'll make me live longer and stuff, you know
But I would really like
I would like eternal life
I would like some proof one way or the other
That God doesn't exist, I don't care what you prove
Like at least prove one of them
I don't know when scientists started saying things were
[Chorus]
Unknowable
That's a new one on me
Unknowable
That's a new one on me
Unknowable
That's a new one on me
Because that's not a scientific term
As far as I know
Unknowable?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Valo, you don't know what general relativity is. You are like MG on the other forum arguing for free will when he has no idea what the definitions are of free will that lead to arguments over it. You don't know enough about mainstream science to have an opinion on why it's wrong. Sorry.

The religion of Albert has slammed its doors shut on you because you don't know enough to be a member, therefore you wish to burn it down in revenge. Knock yourself out bud.
Valo
Priest

Post by Valo »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 9:21 pm
Valo, you don't know what general relativity is. You are like MG on the other forum arguing for free will when he has no idea what the definitions are of free will that lead to arguments over it. You don't know enough about mainstream science to have an opinion on why it's wrong. Sorry.

The religion of Albert has slammed its doors shut on you because you don't know enough to be a member, therefore you wish to burn it down in revenge. Knock yourself out bud.
I didn't ask and don't care about your personal issues and problems. It's irrelevant.

As a side note; It's been like a little child trying to hurt me! It's cute, precious, that you think you have some clout! :D
Valo
Priest

Post by Valo »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 7:36 pm
I don't think The Wicker Man dismisses science and he certainly doesn't deny what is taught.
The problem that the DS and Valo have is they don't realize how thoroughly embedded relativity is within a huge sweep of the science that makes the modern world work.
Different Context

[Verse One]

We have tried, scientifically, to understand the world and explain its mysteries by analyzing the smallest, smallest particles of things that exist

Inquiring down, down, down: what is this thing we call flesh, or call steel, or stone

What is it made of?
Go down into the midst of it
And that’s given us a certain understanding
But only half of the understanding

Equally important is not what is the tiniest particle, but in what context is the tiniest particle?
You see? In relation to what is it?
Just as the word “bark,” as I showed you, has different meanings in different sentences, so cells, molecules, atoms have

Different properties in different contexts

[ Verse Two]

So what the scientist equally needs to study is not, simply, what is anything when very, very minutely analyzed, but where is it?

When is it?
That makes all the difference

So, do you see that a lot of people who get anxious when they hear that everything is relative have no need to get that anxious?

Relativity isn’t some kind of slippery morass in which all standards and all directions get lost

Relativity is really the soundest situation that there is

honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

So. Does God have mass, then?
Valo
Priest

Post by Valo »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 12:19 am
Yes and no and then there is a form of God that is hard to comprehend for humans.

God is the source of gravity. Gravity is a by product, really, of a relationship between God's power and matter, in different contexts.

It's been called the "ether" in the past. It's been given many different interpretations but at the most simple level, it's God's power. He is supplying a constant "stream" of the ether, imparting force, energy, and magnetism as it interacts with and collides with matter.

When the Father is indwelling in a human form, He has mass. That would be to my understanding, 57. When God is interacting as the Father in Spirit, He might have mass, but that would be 38. Then there is 19, the unbounded or undivided Father, and I'm not sure what that is! :D But my rudimentary understanding is this is the Father in His most pure form. Without division, having all portions of Him borrowed, returned back to the Source.

It's a mystery for sure but still, it glints at the corner of the eye, so to speak.

:ugeek: :mrgreen: :D

EDIT: 57 is the Son
Last edited by Valo on Mon May 27, 2024 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
High Spy
First Presidency

Post by High Spy »

Imwashingmypirate wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 8:16 pm
High Spy wrote:
Sun May 26, 2024 8:14 pm

Spy is glad it was easily remedied,

everyone knows two brains are better than one, even if one is a fly brain. :lol:

Here is a link to a recreation of said poll: The Spirit was supplied an opportunity to respond. :?:
Not sure how much use a fly brain would be :lol:
Fly vision might be useful.
that's the poll I saw.
Nothing quite like a fly flying up your nose disrupting your serenity. :lol:

Re: I commanded, no more flies is a link to Mike’s story. His flies vanished, but then one began to bug creator. I just noticed one of my first mentions about GPRs are in that thread and a bit about 57.2957, and how 3.57 is used to create chaos mathematically.

Strange how the timing works, like when Canadian Guy said something about Some Achievable Public Good. Kids will hopefully have fun as they learn the fundamentals of gravity i.e. milk before meat. Later they’ll look back to understand why the ideal angle of release isn’t even close to 45 degrees.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk134-HUYvI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZVdnbUJDTg

There was a couple rocket derby videos that use a complicated and potentially dangerous propeller, with the kids not wearing safety glasses, and how is a winner determined. :? The physics involved there isn’t nearly accessible as straightforward kinematic equations that mostly describe trajectories, like here.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Valo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:08 am
honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 12:19 am
Yes and no and then there is a form of God that is hard to comprehend for humans.

When the Father is indwelling in a human form, He has mass. That would be to my understanding, 57. When God is interacting as the Father in Spirit, He might have mass, but that would be 38. Then there is 19, the unbounded or undivided Father, and I'm not sure what that is! :D But my rudimentary understanding is this is the Father in His most pure form. Without division, having all portions of Him borrowed, returned back to the Source.
What does that mean, though? What do you believe actually happens when these phases are occurring? If God is acting and not being acted upon, is God not generating gravity if he is in a stat without mass?
Valo
Priest

Post by Valo »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:42 am
Valo wrote:
Mon May 27, 2024 2:08 am

What does that mean, though? What do you believe actually happens when these phases are occurring? If God is acting and not being acted upon, is God not generating gravity if he is in a stat without mass?
When Jesus the Christ was on the Earth was God acting or being acted upon or both? I think both.